Voting - Feeling

Author: TheJackle

Total: 4
TheJackle
Debates: 4
TheJackle
Hi,

Some know I am a little sassy.  Fiery redhead.  Question about voting.  When I see a debate and You can tell it is manipulation and bullshit, but there  is a technical way to win, like an overbroad "may"  or some shit like that  

can you just vote with your feelings.  After reading the entire debate I feel it was dishonest, and pedantic for XXXXX"

Thanks

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@TheJackle
Depending on the situation and the debate type yes, but normally no
Barney
Debates: 49
Barney
You should always vote based on the content of the debate.

However, some may cross the line into truism territory, which if raised as a debate argument by the contender (with the chance for rebuttals, but they either do not occur or fail), can get the debate declared a troll debate. Votes on troll debates are generally not moderated.

From the extended policies:
Section B: Troll Debates

Subsection B1: Defining Troll Debates

1. A troll debate is any
    1. Competition-style debate (e.g. rap battle, talent show, poetry competition)
    2. Debate primarily designed to be humorous or facetious or containing primarily humorous or facetious content
    3. Debate on a truism (e.g. "a bachelor is someone who is unmarried")

This is of courage not to be confused with one side complaining of the unfairness of the other side having better arguments.

A couple examples:
  1. "The Earth may contain life," is obviously a truism. The may is proven by the very existence of the readers.
  2. "Winston Churchill may still be alive," the may is lacking obvious support, and a counter argument for the lack of any reason to believe it can easily be made.

7 days later

Melcharaz
Debates: 6
Melcharaz
Do discussions instead. Thats what i do.