Author: RoderickSpode

Total: 71
DeusVult
Debates: 0
DeusVult
-->
@Stephen
providing all the knowledge
Taken out of context of course... providing all the knowledge that can be known.  i.e. when you cannot know something except what has been revealed.

You simply cannot tell me where "heaven is"  or what a person does when he/she gets there.
Because something outside of the Universe is incomprehensible.  Hence, there not here.

You have had thousands of years to come up with logical and provable evidence
Not testable.  Thus we are left with what has been revealed - and that is all that can be known.  What is on the other side of the veil remains a mystery for all - it is that way by design.

So is all you are saying is that the bible told you - and you simply believe what the bible says?   That is a yes or no question.
No.  I believe what the Church proclaims to be true - the Bible is part of that.   I say what my best understanding of this is. This is a good start:

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@DeusVult
So is all you are saying is that the bible told you - and you simply believe what the bible says?   That is a yes or no question.
No.  I believe what the Church proclaims to be true - the Bible is part of that.   I say what my best understanding of this is.

Is not the church built around, if not on,  the words of god from the bible?

And this sub-link is better from your  link  http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/__P2M.HTM

[a] But is all it basically saying is that one will see god, be with god and spend eternity fawning like a sycophant. 

So the answer to my question of what will one be doing in heaven for the rest of eternity is [a] above.

DeusVult
DeusVult
-->
@Stephen
Is not the church built around, if not on,  the words of god from the bible?
The Three Pillars of the Catholic Church are:
1-Sacred Scripture.   All of the books of the Old Testament and the New Testament.
2-Sacred Apostolic Tradition.  The living tradition of the Church,  the Church Fathers, the Sacred Liturgy
3-The Church’s Magisterium -- the teaching authority of the Pope and all those bishops worldwide united  with him.

[a] But is all it basically saying is that one will see god, be with god and spend eternity fawning like a sycophant. 

So the answer to my question of what will one be doing in heaven for the rest of eternity is [a] above.
A rather pejorative way of saying it.  However, what I said earlier in the thread is a simple version of what the CCC says.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@DeusVult

A rather pejorative way of saying it.  However, what I said earlier in the thread is a simple version of what the CCC says.

So, the answer is  -  nothing.    Get to heaven and do nothing but fawn, and coo like a sycophant while on one's knees. 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Athias

Athias to  RoderickSpode  #17

So when asked, "Water Baptism: What's the Big Deal?" I'm stating that the big deal with Water Baptism is that it's not Hebraic, Abrahamic, Judaic, or even Christian.

I'm stating that the submergence and reemergence from bodies of water, as is typical with Water Baptism, is Luciferian symbolism. It represents the reincarnation of Asar as his son Heru. Asar is submerged into the water after his death, and reemerges as Heru. Heru is also known by the monikers "Oannes" and "Dagon" the fish god. Thus the conclusion I extend from my premises is that Water Baptism is a veiled Luciferian ritual. 

So are you telling him that baptism predates Christian baptism by thousands of years? 
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@Stephen
So are you telling him that baptism predates Christian baptism by thousands of years? 
Non sequitur.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Athias
Non sequitur.

Why?

Athias
Athias
-->
@Stephen
Why?
You are drawing conclusions which are inconsistent with my premises.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Athias
Why?
You are drawing conclusions which are inconsistent with my premises.

I didn't draw any. I asked you a question.  I would have drawn a conclusion depending on your reply. 

Athias
Athias
-->
@Stephen
When you ask a closed question based on premises inconsistent with any I've argued, then yes you are drawing your own conclusion--more so projecting your impressions as conclusions I've drawn. The inquiry merely seeks to confirm your impressions. You do this almost every time you attempt to engage me in discussion. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Athias
OK.  Was baptism around before John the Baptist? I will settle for a yes or no.