Google or Firefox?

Author: skittlez09

Total: 10
skittlez09
Debates: 1
skittlez09
What do ya'll think? 

I personally use google

but like ive never used firefox much and would love to hear bout its positives over google

RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
-->
@skittlez09

Also, see the series of posts I make here:

In short, Firefox for privacy, Google Chrome for 'slickness'. If you want something that's a bit of both, Brave browser is the one that the admin of this website recommends, I would suggest going for either Firefox or Chrome because you either trust or you don't and Google tracks you no matter what via ad trackers, especially on Chromium browsers. What Brave browser does is it stops the ads showing and makes it somewhat more tedious for it to piece together a 'profile' of you but it's entirely based on trust. Firefox is open source, meaning that if you know enough about coding, you can find out exactly how it stores data. It also is compartmentalised much more. Your tabs are different processes on your CPU, whereas on other browsers the browser is generally 1 process with the tabs fusing, this means very little in a day to day sense but if you ever were in any way compromised or to visit a malicious website, it would mean that Firefox enabled less to be revealed. On the other hand, Chrome is better at active protection than Firefox and most other privacy-sacrificing browsers, so I'm not dissing Chrome, what it does is more actively guard you when visiting a website by scanning the contents before and looking through the code for anything remotely malicious. It has some of the most expert coders on Earth paid to do this. Firefox is non-profit at the core since it's run by Mozilla.

I explain more how to use extensions and/or add-ons to help even a non-tech-savvy person safeguard against modern day subliminal messaging, targeted ads and general tracking across many threads and things but basically it works like this:

Adblock (use Adblock Plus for Firefox on phone, Adblock is no longer available I think, but AbP lets some more ads through than Adblock does if you go by the default settings)
HTTPS Everywhere
Privacy Badger

Have these three active at all times and you'll be pretty good to go browsing the general web as a safer citizen against cookie tracking and targetted advertising of any kind.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
firefox

RM's analysis is correct
skittlez09
skittlez09
-->
@RationalMadman
Interesting i actually didnt know firefox had better privacy 

7 days later

fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
safari

8 days later

blamonkey
Debates: 24
blamonkey
Obviously Internet Explorer.
skittlez09
skittlez09
-->
@blamonkey
id rather use ddo than use internet explorer bruh

31 days later

WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
google, im more used to google and dont really mind if its not as private as firefox
BearMan
Debates: 16
BearMan
I like the Tor Browser and opera.

9 days later

simplybeourselves
simplybeourselves
Google for me.