Who's at fault for religion, anyway?

Author: fauxlaw

Total: 5
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
Allah, Buddha, Elohim, and Jesus were a foursome the other day on the back nine. Buddha mentioned, "The American legislature is up in arms, again, over us."

"Us?" Jesus replied?

"Well, you and Allah, anyway, and pounding Elohim while they’re at it."

"All I've ever said was 'all we need is love,'" Jesus said. "Even John Lennon picked that up."

"Ya," replied Elohim, ", but I’ve heard every war oath for blood in the name of every one of us, as if we’re the cause of man's misery. But you, Buddha, seem immune to it. How do you do it?"

Allah interrupted: "I'd declare a fatwa and wish a thousand fleas on each of their eyes."

"I tried an eye for an eye. Didn't do so well," Elohim interjected.

Buddha replied, "I think it works this way; I asked a hot dog vendor the other day to make me one with everything. He thought I meant the whole world, and what do you know, he made it happen. I just wanted a dog with deli mustard and diced onions."

RoderickSpode
Debates: 0
RoderickSpode
-->
@fauxlaw
The usual victim is the ancient man. And the accusation against our distant relative is a very backwards thought. Kind of goes like this.

A modern man on Coney is hungry and craves a hot dog. Whether that man is religious or not, he looks around for a hot dog stand without giving any other thought other than when he finds the stand, he will purchase the hot dog, and satisfy his craving.

The ancient ignorant man, when hungry and looking for an animal to kill, will ponder as to where the animal, the fire he will cook it in, the weapon he uses to kill the animal, etc., comes from. So the poor ancient man is accused of being an ignoramus for thinking beyond just satisfying his hunger.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
nice
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
This sort of stories sounds very australian to me.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@fauxlaw
Who's at fault for religion, anyway?

Man. And  Priests in particular. hundreds of thousands of years ago, there was no such thing as religion or worship until the priests - who were only employed to do the gofer-ring for the lords  decided to usurp the kings and work direct  with (dominate) the people. They cut out the middle man: the Lugal, Pharaoh or King.