Trump on T.V.

Author: zedvictor4

Total: 26
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
I've just watched Trump attempting to give a press conference regarding the corona-virus on T.V. and it was so embarrassing to watch, that it failed to be funny.

Who advises this guy?....Or does he just not listen to advice?....And do all the Trumpists out there still view in awe of the Orange Guy. and just disregard the verbal diarrhoea? 

Or is he just a puppet President?
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
blumohy dumphy got owned!
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@zedvictor4
His rhetoric is bad, but you have to look past rhetoric. He will be inflated and cocky. It's about looking at policy and frankily policy is better

HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@Vader
His rhetoric is bad, but you have to look past rhetoric. He will be inflated and cocky. It's about looking at policy and frankily policy is better
the policies of ignoring a crisis, lying about a crisis, getting innocent people killed, trying to reopen the economy as fast as possible to kill more innocent people. Oh yes, the policy is great if you want to see lots of dead americans. 

Vader
Vader
-->
@HistoryBuff
The WHO ultimately failed and covered up China. WHO covers up for China countless times. WHO is corrupt and Trump was listening to WHO. 
Vader
Vader
-->
@HistoryBuff
And 1 year of the Coronavirus shouldn't shadow 3 years of a flourishing economy

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Vader
The WHO ultimately failed and covered up China. WHO covers up for China countless times. WHO is corrupt and Trump was listening to WHO. 
the WHO made trump not take action when he was being warned multiple times? The WHO made trump lie about the crisis? The WHO made trump make moronic statements (like it magically go away when it gets warm)? Please stop being such a ridiculous suck up. Whether or not the WHO fucked things up. Trump massively fucked things up. 

And 1 year of the Coronavirus shouldn't shadow 3 years of a flourishing economy
An economy that was already doing well when he inherited it. The economy turned around and started moving in the right direction under obama. Trump inherited a good economy and won't stop bragging as if he did something to cause it. 
Vader
Vader
-->
@HistoryBuff
I get that cutting travel from Europe could have came quicker and that is something I think he could've done different overall. But both sides of aisle are doing a good job at promoting social distancing

Trump also released his plan for opening the country. I think it can work if done properly. This isn't a politics virus. It is a people virus. Trump, Bernie, Biden or anyone can't do anything about idiots going outside and playing basketball
Vader
Vader
-->
@HistoryBuff
the WHO made trump not take action when he was being warned multiple times?
Yet WHO is to blame for covering up China's large cases to take the virus seriously. When is advisors declared the emergency, he shut down the country.

There was no research done or shared overall by China on how to combat this. We weren't ready because there hasn't any disease like this
The WHO made trump lie about the crisis?
They influenced him do to their covering up of China. Technicaly yes
The WHO made trump make moronic statements (like it magically go away when it gets warm)? 
For every 1 moronic statement, there a 10 good ones
Please stop being such a ridiculous suck up. Whether or not the WHO fucked things up. Trump massively fucked things up. 
He took calls from his experts overall. This isn't the Trump show. He had a team of advisers who are doing a great job. WHO is ultimately responsible for this. Trump had issues. He hasn't been perfect. But to say it's his fault is ignorant 

===========
An economy that was already doing well when he inherited it. The economy turned around and started moving in the right direction under obama. Trump inherited a good economy and won't stop bragging as if he did something to cause it. 
Yet the economy kept growing more than it did under Obama. It grew way more than it did with Obama when it didn't use Obama's programs. 
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@zedvictor4
If you were watching MSM, you were lucky to see it at all. they usually don't air the entire press conference.

176 days later

Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@zedvictor4
Puppet President
Eh, he probably has backers, that he has ties to, financial support from, but I don't think I'd quite go as far as him being a puppet.

Still 5 months later, I'm not sure if he disregards Covid19 as dangerous, or discounts the human deaths as incomparable to the economy and his own career.
Maybe a bit of both, best political move would have been 'massive Covid19 response right in the beginning, maybe he's in too deep now to change policy on it.
Been about 9 months since Covid19 been in America I think.
About 328 million people in the USA.
Almost 8 million cases of Covid19,
215 thousand, doesn't 'seem like that many dead to me.
But perhaps my perspective marginalizes the disaster that might have been, might be.
Perhaps marginalizes deaths.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Lemming
I think him getting covid might have actually made it worse. Because he got a level of medical care which is not available to anyone else on the planet and he appears to have recovered fairly quickly, he is now even more convinced that the virus doesn't matter. It doesn't seem to occur to him that literally no one else gets the kind of medical care he does. 

Poll after poll shows Covid is the #1 issue, but he keeps doubling, tripling, quadrupling down on his losing bet of downplaying the virus. This is causing him alot of damage, but he just keeps pushing forward with it. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
@Lemming
Liberal run countries were not immune to the effects of the Virus regardless of the level of lockdowns, social distancing, quarantine of the elderly in retirement homes, mask wearing, and travel restrictions.

It's just another classic Orangemanbad argument.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Liberal run countries were not immune to the effects of the Virus regardless of the level of lockdowns, social distancing, quarantine of the elderly in retirement homes, mask wearing, and travel restrictions.

It's just another classic Orangemanbad argument.
no one ever said they were immune. But they did better than the US. Unfortunately, there are stupid right wing people all over the world who fought against the protection measures and continued spreading the virus. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
But they did better than the US.

If you had your nose glued to the MSM TV, you probably didn't hear a single Covid rate statistic that made Trump look good. 

That alone should make you skeptical of who is indoctrinating you.

there are stupid right wing people all over the world who fought against the protection measures and continued spreading the virus. 

Like New York is "Maga Country"

If you took the outlier deaths from failed Cuomo out of the statistics, the country looks pretty damn good comparing national Covid rates.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
If you had your nose glued to the MSM TV, you probably didn't hear a single Covid rate statistic that made Trump look good. 
ok, but what trump policies actually did anything good? All I've ever heard from any trump supporters was he closed the border with China. Which, yeah that's good. but then he spent months undermining the seriousness of the situation and any attempts to get people to take safety precautions. At the end of the day, even if you can provide good stats about the US, trump actively tried to sabotage any attempts to take the virus seriously, so why would anyone think positive stats (assuming they exist) are because of trump?

Like New York is "Maga Country"
no, new york is one of the largest cities in the world with a high population density. In that kind of scenario controlling the virus is extremely difficult no matter what you do. 

If you took the outlier deaths from failed Cuomo out of the statistics, the country looks pretty damn good comparing national Covid rates.
provide evidence for this claim. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
provide evidence for this claim. 
Not something CNN wants the general public to know

Official New York policy is this (well was this until they couldn't hide the results)

"No resident shall be denied re-admission or admission to the NursingHome solely based on a confirmed or suspected diagnosis of COVID-19. NursingHomes are prohibited from requiring a hospitalized resident who is determined medically stable to be tested for COVID-19 prior to admission or readmission."

MAGACOUNTRY didn't do this.

New York did.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@zedvictor4
Or is he just a puppet President?

A real puppet would just stick to the teleprompter.

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
yeah, because america's medical system is a shit show and dumb people believed assholes claiming the virus wasn't serious, like trump.

Official New York policy is this (well was this until they couldn't hide the results)
yep, this was a really stupid policy. Do you see me defending Cuomo? How is that relevant to the completely shit job trump did?

MAGACOUNTRY didn't do this.
umm, you do know the virus is spreading rapidly in "magacountry" right? And they might not have done this specific stupid thing, but they are doing lots and lots of other stupid things which is causing a large surge in cases. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
 causing a large surge in cases. 

I don't give a fuck about "cases." or rates of infection.

New York had the highest Covid DEATH RATES of those that did get infected with Covid than anywhere on the planet.
That's absolutely not Trump's fault since New York is anti-MagaCountry.

There's a huge difference between infecting a million school kids and having maybe 1 Covid death and infecting 100,000 Elderly people where 20,000 die from Covid.

Death Rates are far scarier than infection rates. Most of us are young and healthy enough to beat Covid. 

What New York did to the elderly is a fucking horror show.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
I don't give a fuck about "cases." or rates of infection.
that is a really bad thing. 

New York had the highest Covid DEATH RATES of those that did get infected with Covid than anywhere on the planet.
yeah, because they were the 1st area in the country to get hit. they had less time than anywhere else to adapt and prepare. that combined with their high population is going to make for a big problem since the US healthcare system is a complete shit show. 

That's absolutely not Trump's fault since New York is anti-MagaCountry.
ok, Trump says don't take the virus seriously. he has lots of government officials and fox news tell people don't take it seriously. Then people don't take is seriously which results in thousands and thousands of deaths. Trump is absolutely culpable for that. 

There's a huge difference between infecting a million school kids and having maybe 1 Covid death and infecting 100,000 Elderly people where 20,000 die from Covid.
I have no idea what point you are trying to make.

What New York did to the elderly is a fucking horror show.
I agree. At what point did I, or anyone else, ever disagree with that? Why do you keep bringing this up over and over? It is irrelevant to conversation we are having. You are just deflecting.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
I have no idea what point you are trying to make.

The point is who you infect is far more ghastly than how many you infect.

When you infect 100,000 elderly and kill 20,000 of them like Cuomo did, you should go straight to hell, do not pass go.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
The point is who you infect is far more ghastly than how many you infect.
not really no. If you infect 10 people, those people will pass it on to friends, family etc. So if I infect 1 elderly person that is bad. If I infect 10 young people, they will pass it on to god knows how many other people leading to lots of pain, misery and death. 

When you infect 100,000 elderly and kill 20,000 of them like Cuomo did, you should go straight to hell, do not pass go.\
I don't know why you are beating this dead horse. Cuomo is shitty. But at least he didn't tell the entire american public to ignore a public health crisis that has killed hundreds of thousands of americans. We will never know how many of them might have been spared if the US government and republican party had actually taken this seriously. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
not really no.

Yes, really, and if you didn't know that, then you really haven't been listening to the science.

If you infect a million kids and quarantine 100,000 seniors from those kids, then you have zero deaths. 

If you infect 100,000 seniors and you close down the schools so that kids don't get a few days of fever, then you get to hand out the bodybags.

So yes, who you lock down and who you infect makes a big difference.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Yes, really, and if you didn't know that, then you really haven't been listening to the science.

If you infect a million kids and quarantine 100,000 seniors from those kids, then you have zero deaths. 
dear god.... no. that is not how it works. Yes, seniors are more at risk and Not alot of kids have died. But alot of people between 18-65 have died. If you spread it across the population then alot of people will die. 

So yes, who you lock down and who you infect makes a big difference.
i never said who gets infected makes no difference. I said that infecting a larger group of people is a terrible thing. Because they will spread it to others, and so on. That is how a single case turns into a cluster, then a huge spike in cases. And therefore a huge spike in deaths. If you can keep people from spreading as much as possible, then you save the most lives. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
But alot of people between 18-65 have died. 

That age group is only 20% of the covid deaths. you can quarantine the at risk people and get better outcomes than the shitshow policies that the WHO has now renounced and walked back.