Vader
Christ has Risen from the dead. In these though times, let us pray together 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Vader
So, what's tough?

Obviously I wouldn't bee happy if I contracted the virus, so I will try and avoid it.

Otherwise, the weather is unusually fair and things carry on in a similar way, to what we came to consider to be normal.

And my wife is happy because she gets paid to stay at home and do the gardening.

My advice would be to avoid negative media input and create your own positive input.

And if the notion of a risen Christ works positively for you, then good.

Day to day relative normality works just fine for me.

EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
-->
@zedvictor4
Day to day relative normality works just fine for me.

Not for others, their observations and interest extends beyond the experience of just the physical world. If that's all you prefer so be it, but there's a lot more for others to set their affections on. Hopefully it's not just your mindset and atheism that limits where you put your affections because that would be unfortunate. They would then be controlling what your input and output are and will dictate your future experiences as well. 

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@EtrnlVw
You're attempting to make a point here where one doesn't exist.

If religion is a part of SupaDudz day to day normality, and allows them to cope with the current situation, then that's just fine. That's the way to go for them.

I personally have never needed a religious concept to get me through difficult situations. I focus on other assumed positives.

At the end of the day, it really all boils down to how as individuals we acquire and process data.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@zedvictor4
You're attempting to make a point here where one doesn't exist.

That's what I was thinking about your comment.

If religion is a part of SupaDudz day to day normality, and allows them to cope with the current situation, then that's just fine. That's the way to go for them.

You know that was not your full intentions, I'm not that dumb.

I personally have never needed a religious concept to get me through difficult situations. I focus on other assumed positives.

That's because you're an atheist, you don't see the value in appealing to that which transcends your immediate physical sense perceptions. And one doesn't need religious concepts to get through difficult times, but since there is indeed a transcendent reality there's no harm in appealing to it. What you bind yourself to in this world will dictate your destination in the next. 

At the end of the day, it really all boils down to how as individuals we acquire and process data.

And that depends on what you allow yourself to acquire and process, you wouldn't want to limit yourself and be cutoff from other observations and experience. 
Com_Soul
Com_Soul
-->
@EtrnlVw
That's because you're an atheist, you don't see the value in appealing to that which transcends your immediate physical sense perceptions.
Quite right.
Thinking atheists do not see any such value because there is no such thing as something that "transcends one's immediate physical sense" and being told such is an insult to one's intelligence.
Melcharaz
Debates: 6
Melcharaz
Just ignore topic trollers. Report them if need be for general or direct attacks according to coc.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@EtrnlVw
Exactly.

You just paraphrased my post.

And came to the same conclusion as me.

At least we agree on something.
Marko
Marko
-->
@Vader
So tough times result in the rising from the dead of Christ? Or did you mean something else?
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Marko
They help into your tough times, knowing Jesus endured much more and he came and defeated death, the impossible to defeat. Easter gives us courage in our lives to tell us we can beat anything with the power of God