Author: Dr.Franklin

Total: 61
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin

triangle.128k
Debates: 0
triangle.128k
Inb4 all of the evangelical neocons on here rush to defend Israel as our "greatest ally" and how its aggression is justified.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@triangle.128k
I agree
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@triangle.128k
triangle.128k
triangle.128k
-->
@Greyparrot
One of the worst ideologies in existence,

Free Palestine
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@triangle.128k
Free Palestine
On what? Purchased land? Purchased by someone else, and never sold in three thousand years? Just occupied? Tell you what, I'm coming over to occupy your residence tomorrow. Free me.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@triangle.128k
Between the genocidal Intifada and Zionism, they are both deserving of every hell on earth.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@fauxlaw
People only think that they are different.

Though perhaps you would like to return your home to the First Nations people.
Marko
Marko
-->
@triangle.128k
Palestine? What Palestine are you talking about?
The Palestine governed by the......’Ancient Egyptians, Canaanites, Israelites, Judeans, Assyrians, Babylonians, Achaemenids, ancient Greeks, the Jewish Hasmonean Kingdon, Parthians, Sasanians, Byzantines, the Arab Rashidun, Umayyad, Abbasid and Fatimid caliphate seems, Crusaders, Ayyubibs, Mamluks, Mongols, Ottomans, thé British, and modern Israelis, Jordanians, Egyptians, and Palestinians?’

Marko
Marko
-->
@triangle.128k
Pre-1948, Palestine referred to the region between the Mediterranean Sea and the Jordan river (roughly what is considered modern day Israel). But today it refers to the West Bank and the Gaza Strip. What are you referring to, geographically speaking? Do you agree with the UN’s 1947, partition proposal? 
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@zedvictor4
perhaps you would like to return your home to the First Nations people.
I don't live in Canada. However, as for the term, "Native American," which could extend into Canada, being part of North America, was not used by that group until the 60s. Nineteen 60's, that is. It was used first by second generation Irish US immigrants in the 17th century. Not to mention that "American" is not an indigenous term, It's European, so whose culture is being ripped from whom?

Which of the many American tribes established sovereignty of this continent before Europeans came? You plant a flag and declare "I claim this land for me." Only, you can't do that on land that has already been declared sovereign from antiquity that was never purchased, just occupied with an attempt to declare unearned sovereignty.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@triangle.128k
@Greyparrot
@zedvictor4
@fauxlaw
Were talking about Israel and Iranian backed militias

Both sides suck
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Dr.Franklin
I disagree. Israel's right to exist is ratified by the U.N. Period. Since Iran and its puppets advocate the eradication of Israel literally off the map, I'd say theirs is the suck, while Israel rightfully blows. Well, it's a metaphor. No grammar or syntax points here.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Were talking about Israel and Iranian backed militias
So am I. My reply to zedvictor4 was merely analogous to the Israel/Iran conflict. I'm saying it's Iran, not Israel, playing the cultural appropriation game here.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@fauxlaw
the un doesnt mean shit
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Dr.Franklin
It really doesn't. You still have to win wars to claim land for a culture.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Don't know anything, but the Middle East is a disaster

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Greyparrot
so?
triangle.128k
triangle.128k
-->
@Marko
Palestine? What Palestine are you talking about?
The Palestine governed by the......’Ancient Egyptians, Canaanites, Israelites, Judeans, Assyrians, Babylonians, Achaemenids, ancient Greeks, the Jewish Hasmonean Kingdon, Parthians, Sasanians, Byzantines, the Arab Rashidun, Umayyad, Abbasid and Fatimid caliphate seems, Crusaders, Ayyubibs, Mamluks, Mongols, Ottomans, thé British, and modern Israelis, Jordanians, Egyptians, and Palestinians?’
The Palestine as in the Palestinian Arabs who currently occupy the land. Having a history of switching occupations between several Empires is nothing unique. 

Pre-1948, Palestine referred to the region between the Mediterranean Sea and the Jordan river (roughly what is considered modern day Israel). But today it refers to the West Bank and the Gaza Strip. What are you referring to, geographically speaking? Do you agree with the UN’s 1947, partition proposal? 
The UN's 1947 partitional proposal was heavily lopsided in favor of the Israelis. The Jewish side of the partition was 45% Arab and 55% Jewish while the Arab side was 99% Arab. I wouldn't agree with that one bit. 
triangle.128k
triangle.128k
-->
@fauxlaw
On what? Purchased land? Purchased by someone else, and never sold in three thousand years? Just occupied?
You're telling me the entire legitimacy of the Israeli claim to Palestine is based on it being Jewish 2000 years ago? That's hilariously stupid. You're punishing millions of people who call Palestine their home, with ancestral roots dating back several centuries, simply because a long time ago they were conquered by another Empire. 

Tell you what, I'm coming over to occupy your residence tomorrow. Free me.
Nice analogy, as that's precisely what's been happening to the Palestinians for decades.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@triangle.128k
Show me the UN-recognized State of Palestine. Yes, resolutions to talk about it ad nauseam, but show me the State. Until you have a political sovereignty, you don't have a pot to piss in. Tell me, genetically, let alone culturally, what distinguishes Jordanians, Saudis, Syrians, Lebanese, et al, from "Palestinians." It's like comparing "Native American" tribes, only "Native American" is a term they've applied to themselves, like "Palestinian," and have done so only since the 1960s [about the same as "Palestinians" -yes, I'm off by a few years,], and without regard for the fact that "American" happens to be a European term, not indigenous, so whose culture is appropriating whose? Show me the document that declares "Native American" sovereignty. Or, for Palestinians. So, just who is being hilariously stupid?
triangle.128k
triangle.128k
-->
@fauxlaw
Show me the UN-recognized State of Palestine. Yes, resolutions to talk about it ad nauseam, but show me the State. Until you have a political sovereignty, you don't have a pot to piss in.
From Wikipedia: "The State of Palestine is recognized by 138 UN members and since 2012 has a status of a non-member observer state in the United Nations"

Tell me, genetically, let alone culturally, what distinguishes Jordanians, Saudis, Syrians, Lebanese, et al, from "Palestinians." It's like comparing "Native American" tribes, only "Native American" is a term they've applied to themselves, like "Palestinian," and have done so only since the 1960s
If you don't think there's several cultural and genetic differences between several middle eastern groups, I'm sorry to say but you have absolutely no understanding of the middle east. 

[about the same as "Palestinians" -yes, I'm off by a few years,], and without regard for the fact that "American" happens to be a European term, not indigenous, so whose culture is appropriating whose? Show me the document that declares "Native American" sovereignty. Or, for Palestinians. So, just who is being hilariously stupid?
Nowhere did I say that Palestine has sovereignty. That's literally the entire issue behind the Palestinian resistance. Palestine deserves to be its sovereign state but is not fully sovereign over its lands because of Israeli occupation. 

Also why are you bringing up Native Americans? Lmao. I never mentioned them.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
I can draw a map and put a circle around the U.S. West Coast, and another circle around the Northern East Coast, and call them, collectively, Bamboozleland. Is my map credible? Not any more than a bunch of a tribe of Arabs circling a region from the West Bank to Jordan, calling it Palestine. Is my Bamboozleland a sovereign State? Nope. Nor is Palestine.

A "non-member observer state" is NOT sovereign, as you have admitted. That is a useless distinction to you, but not to me. The distinction is that 30% of the UN does NOT recognize Palestine. It takes a few more than 70% to offer Palestine a recognized sovereign statehood. Sorry, that's the rules.

No you did not bring up Native Americans; I did, because it's an identical issue, an issue related to sovereignty. How much time have you spent in the Middle East, "observing" genetics and culture. Laugh all you like. I couldn't care less; it's your arse.

By the way, how accurate is Wiki. Google it. They have a low opinion of their own accuracy. Depend on their sources, not their own.

triangle.128k
triangle.128k
-->
@fauxlaw
A "non-member observer state" is NOT sovereign, as you have admitted. That is a useless distinction to you, but not to me. The distinction is that 30% of the UN does NOT recognize Palestine. It takes a few more than 70% to offer Palestine a recognized sovereign statehood. Sorruy, that's the rules.
Never did I say it was sovereign. Congrats on finding the problem that the entire Palestinian resistance is founded upon, the fact that they are denied a sovereign nation. 
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@triangle.128k
Denied because Palestinians claim land already ceded to Israel 73 years ago by the UN. 
Might want to study the UN Millennium Development Goals, Goal #16. Also, the UN's definition of "sovereignty." 

However, you're completely off point to this string. This is an Israel/Syria string. Syria is a sovereign nation. Palestine is a wannabe, therefore, irrelevant. I'm going back on point.
triangle.128k
triangle.128k
-->
@fauxlaw
I literally don't care about a stupid and corrupt organization, injustice is injustice. What makes the UN flawless? Why should injustice be permitted simply because the UN says so? Is the UN God? 
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@fauxlaw
Israel's right to exist is ratified by the U.N. Period.

Think I care about what those globalists say? I would think that you, being a supposed "conservative", wouldn't either....
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@bmdrocks21
Corrupt, or not, the UN is the organization legally recognized to offer sovereignty of a nation, and no one else. Practicality says that unless another group is internationally authorized to do so, the UN is your go-to. You may not like it, but, there it is. Would you prefer anarchy? Who says you always get what you want? You?
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Without Israel, the Muslims would be at our doorstep. Israel is the only thing standing between us and the Muslims.
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@fauxlaw
Corrupt, or not, the UN is the organization legally recognized to offer sovereignty of a nation, and no one else. Practicality says that unless another group is internationally authorized to do so, the UN is your go-to. You may not like it, but, there it is. Would you prefer anarchy? Who says you always get what you want? You?

There wasn't widespread anarchy before the UN was established. Just nations acting in their interest.

Now let me strawman you:

Would you prefer that China, Russia, and Mexico control our country? Who says you always get what you want? You?