More Biblical Nonsense Out of Egypt

Author: Stephen

Total: 41
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
For all the amount of absolute nonsense concerning Moses and Egypt the silliest (although cruelest & deadliest) part has to be the murder by god, of all Egypt's first born.

"At midnight the LORD struck down all the firstborn in Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh, who sat on the throne, to the firstborn of the prisoner, who was in the dungeon, and the firstborn of all the livestock as well".Exodus 12:29

God by all accounts, murdered these innocents because Pharaoh had refused to let the Israelites go. Why had Pharaoh refused to let them go?  Because:

"the LORD  had hardened Pharaoh's heart and he would not listen to Moses and Aaron, just as the LORD had said to Moses." Exodus 9:12 

Is it any wonder  then how and why "the lord" was able to predict to Moses that Pharaoh wouldn't comply!?  

So this savage brutal lord had  made sure that  Pharaoh wouldn't comply and then murdered all the first born of that land  as a punishment for Pharaoh not complying.

BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

Unfortunately you are opening up the flood gates once again for the truly Bible ignorant pseudo-christians like Doc Frank, Tradesecret, FAUXLAW, the MIA EtrnlVw, et al, to try their best to Satanically spin doctor away yet another of Jesus' murdering sprees towards innocent babies, this time, in the land of Egypt.

This treatise of yours just shows me why I still have a hard time worshiping and believing in a murdering serial killer Jesus in the 21st Century. :(

RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@Stephen
The Pharoah hardened his own heart. It was already hardened.

God didn't cast a spell on Pharaoh forcing him to harden his heart. God simply knew that by showing Pharaoh his faithfulness to the Israelites the effect would be him hardening his heart. It's very simple. Even for someone with a bent to constantly misinterpret scripture.

If someone says, I will make person A angry, we understand that the person is not implying he will tamper with the person's cerebrum, forcing them against their will to be angry. Or will hypnotize them. Or will sneak an angry mickey in their drink.

What they're saying is they predict that by saying something they think will be offensive to another, it will make that person angry. Of course being fallible, the person predicting this could be wrong. They're just supposing that an external communicated message will invoke anger. 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@RoderickSpode
The Pharoah hardened his own heart. It was already hardened.

Again, you try to rewrite the scriptures. You attempt this every single time that your gods vile nature is exposed for what it actually is. 

"the LORD  had hardened Pharaoh's heart and he would not listen to Moses and Aaron, just as the LORD had said to Moses." Exodus 9:12 

God didn't cast a spell on Pharaoh forcing him to harden his heart.

But the bible CLEARLY states that "God had hardened Pharaoh's heart"!!   do you not see that , LOOK>>>>"the LORD  had hardened Pharaoh's heart and he would not listen to Moses and Aaron, just as the LORD had said to Moses." Exodus 9:12 

God simply knew that by showing Pharaoh his faithfulness to the Israelites the effect would be him hardening his heart.

Your piss poor attempts at rewriting these scriptures every time the vile nature of your god ( who you also claim is Jesus) is exposed only serves to show how biblical uneducated you actually are. You must keep missing what it is the BIBLE ACTUALLY states LOOK>>>>   "the LORD  had hardened Pharaoh's heart and he would not listen to Moses and Aaron, just as the LORD had said to Moses." Exodus 9:12 

It's very simple. Even for someone with a bent to constantly misinterpret scripture.

There is no other way to interpret what it is that the BIBLE actually states LOOK>>>> "the LORD  had hardened Pharaoh's heart and he would not listen to Moses and Aaron, just as the LORD had said to Moses." Exodus 9:12 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Stephen,

Unfortunately you are opening up the flood gates once again for the truly Bible ignorant pseudo-christians like Doc Frank, Tradesecret, FAUXLAW, the MIA EtrnlVw, et al, to try their best to Satanically spin doctor away yet another of Jesus' murdering sprees towards innocent babies, this time, in the land of Egypt.

This treatise of yours just shows me why I still have a hard time worshiping and believing in a murdering serial killer Jesus in the 21st Century. :(

And  It didn't take too long to prove you to be absolutely correct Brother. The accusations of MY inability to understand   "with a bent to constantly misinterpret scripture" wrong,  came almost instantly.  The, typical response from RoderickSpode, I suppose, has become the norm for those apologist who simply cannot get out of the corner they painted themselves in by adopting this vile ancient intolerant being - of which they have absolutely no understanding of - as their god. 

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@RoderickSpode

RoderickSpode,

YOUR UNGODLY AND UNBIBLICAL QUOTE: "The Pharaoh hardened his own heart. It was already hardened."

As I have said ad infinitum, it is truly unbelievable in how many outright biblically dumbfounded and ignorant pseudo-christians there are here at DEBATEART Religion forum, and RoderickSpode, you are vying to be at the top of the list!  

When you willfully deny that Jesus is not the one that hardened Pharaohs heart, then like the equally dumbfounded in bible knowledge, disgraced and MIA for good reason, EtrnlVw, YOU ARE CALLING JESUS A LIAR!  Do you realize the ramifications of performing this Satanic act?! Huh?

What part of the following INSPIRED BY JESUS passages don’t you understand where Jesus, as Yahweh God incarnate, hardened Pharaoh's heart?

“But the Lord hardened Pharaoh's heart, and he did not let the people of Israel go.” (Exodus 10:20)

But the Lord hardened Pharaoh's heart, and he would not let them go.” (Exodus 10:27)

And the Lord hardened the heart of Pharaoh king of Egypt, and he pursued the people of Israel while the people of Israel were going out defiantly.” (Exodus 14:8)

And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and he will pursue them, and I will get glory over Pharaoh and all his host, and the Egyptians shall know that I am the Lord.” And they did so.” (Exodus 14:4)

But the Lord hardened the heart of Pharaoh, and he did not listen to them, as the Lord had spoken to Moses. (Exodus 9:12)

“But I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and though I multiply my signs and wonders in the land of Egypt,” (Exodus 7:3)

And the Lord said to Moses, “When you go back to Egypt, see that you do before Pharaoh all the miracles that I have put in your power. But I will harden his heart, so that he will not let the people go.” (Exodus 4:21)

Now, wipe the proverbial egg from your face AGAIN, whereas TRUE Christians like myself are getting sick and tired of pseudo-christians like you bastardizing the Bible in what you want it to say, instead of what it actually says, understood bible fool?

Now, to the main crux of Stephens’s initial post, how do you feel about Jesus on yet another murdering spree of innocent children, where this time it is the first born in the land of Egypt?  Do we still promote that our Jesus is “ever loving and forgiving?” Yes or no?  To gain more followers to our faith, do we promote that our Jesus is a cruel and blatant serial killer of innocent babies and children?  Awaiting a cogent answer this time bible fool!

Barney
Debates: 49
Barney
-->
@Stephen
@RoderickSpode
You two should probably have a debate about Pharaoh's heart.
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

In answer to your factual post #5, it is truly amazing that RoderickSpode shows himself as just another minion of Satan here at DEBATEART Religion forum. In behalf of Jesus, I had to brutally Bible Slap him silly once again in my godly post #6.  These biblically ignorant Bible fools refuse to accept the inconvenient fact that Jesus' true words supersede their Devil Speak! (“EVERY word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.“ (Proverbs 30:5)

What I am worried about, if we continue to show this ilk in how biblically wrong they are, then like the MIA ErtnlVw, that called Jesus a LIAR, and once biblically proven of this fact, he has mysteriously left from this forum, whereas once "schooled," other pseudo-christians may leave this forum!  It just might be you and me conversing together waiting for the next minion of Satan victim to appear to be biblically schooled as well.  

In my case, it is truly hard in being a TRUE Christian that follows and accepts ALL of Jesus' inspired words within the Scriptures.

RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@Stephen

Again, you try to rewrite the scriptures. You attempt this every single time that your gods vile nature is exposed for what it actually is. 

"the LORD  had hardened Pharaoh's heart and he would not listen to Moses and Aaron, just as the LORD had said to Moses." Exodus 9:12 
Your comment is similar to claiming that the English language translators of the KJV rewrote the Bible. Or that the writers of the NKJV, NASB, NIV rewrote the KJV. Is this what you believe? Maybe at least the latter scenario?

But the bible CLEARLY states that "God had hardened Pharaoh's heart"!!   do you not see that , LOOK>>>>"the LORD  had hardened Pharaoh's heart and he would not listen to Moses and Aaron, just as the LORD had said to Moses." Exodus 9:12 

Your piss poor attempts at rewriting these scriptures every time the vile nature of your god ( who you also claim is Jesus) is exposed only serves to show how biblical uneducated you actually are. You must keep missing what it is the BIBLE ACTUALLY states LOOK>>>>   "the LORD  had hardened Pharaoh's heart and he would not listen to Moses and Aaron, just as the LORD had said to Moses." Exodus 9:12 
When Pharaoh saw there was relief, however, he hardened his heart and would not listen to Moses and Aaron, just as the LORD had said.

Exodus 8:32
But this time also Pharaoh hardened his heart and would not let the people go.

So Pharaoh sent officials, who saw that none of the livestock of the Israelites had died. But Pharaoh's heart was hardened, and he would not let the people go.

Why harden your hearts as the Egyptians and Pharaoh hardened theirs? When He afflicted them, did they not send the people on their way as they departed?

Look! Right in the Bible.

There is no other way to interpret what it is that the BIBLE actually states LOOK>>>> "the LORD  had hardened Pharaoh's heart and he would not listen to Moses and Aaron, just as the LORD had said to Moses." Exodus 9:12 
I'm anxiously awaiting your interpretation of the verses I just gave you.

RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@Stephen

And  It didn't take too long to prove you to be absolutely correct Brother. The accusations of MY inability to understand   "with a bent to constantly misinterpret scripture" wrong,  came almost instantly.  The, typical response from RoderickSpode, I suppose, has become the norm for those apologist who simply cannot get out of the corner they painted themselves in by adopting this vile ancient intolerant being - of which they have absolutely no understanding of - as their god. 
First off, I don't think you have the inability to understand (do you have a quote of me saying that?).

I would say a refusal to understand.

Secondly, none of the Christians you've argued with (that I have seen) have been painted in a corner. Your method of discussion of scriptures is to aggravate the other party, to the point of the conversation being cut short because we don't want to get up in a "he said, she said" argument. That's usually when I cut out. And I think this happens with the other Christians you engage in conversation with. We get baffled by your obstinance. And then I think you misread our frustration, and walking away as us being cornered. What's frustrating for us seems to be therapeutic for you. You can go on and on in a "he said, she said" exchange.

But tell me, is it our God you claim is vile (as an existing person)? Or is this code for saying the author is vile?
RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@Barney

You had me scared for a moment. I thought you were going to say we should get an apartment together.

I don't see us having a formal debate. At this point I address some of his comments to hopefully give another person who might be reading it another view. But our conversations usually don't go very long after that as I sense I become more of a sounding board than someone he wants to engage in conversation with.
RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@BrotherDThomas
BDT!

I'm concerned about you. Why are you mingling with unrepentant pagan sinners?

2 Corinthians 6:14
Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?

Do not plow with an ox and a donkey yoked together.

Indeed, the Israelites have taken some of their daughters as wives for themselves and their sons, so that the holy seed has been mixed with the people of the land. And the leaders and officials have taken the lead in this unfaithfulness!"

Absolutely (and utterly) shameful.
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@Stephen
@BrotherDThomas
Once again, [Aren't you getting tired of this?] you pick a verse out of context, and explore it by your pandering. Once again, I must remind you that the process is reading and studying. You do not treat the Bible as a cafeteria.

Then the Lord said unto Moses, Go in unto Pharaoh, and tell him, Thus saith the Lord God of the Hebrews, Let my people go, that they may serve me.
For if thou refuse to let them go, and wilt hold them still,
Behold, the hand of the Lord is upon thy cattle which is in the field, upon the horses, upon the asses, upon the camels, upon the oxen, and upon the sheep: there shall be a very grievous murrain.
And the Lord shall sever between the cattle of Israel and the cattle of Egypt: and there shall nothing die of all that is the children’s of Israel.
And the Lord appointed a set time, saying, To morrow the Lord shall do this thing in the land.
And the Lord did that thing on the morrow, and all the cattle of Egypt died: but of the cattle of the children of Israel died not one.
And Pharaoh sent, and, behold, there was not one of the cattle of the Israelites dead. And the heart of Pharaoh was hardened, and he did not let the people go.
¶ And the Lord said unto Moses and unto Aaron, Take to you handfuls of ashes of the furnace, and let Moses sprinkle it toward the heaven in the sight of Pharaoh.
And it shall become small dust in all the land of Egypt, and shall be a boil breaking forth with blains upon man, and upon beast, throughout all the land of Egypt.
10 And they took ashes of the furnace, and stood before Pharaoh; and Moses sprinkled it up toward heaven; and it became a boil breaking forth with blains upon man, and upon beast.
11 And the magicians could not stand before Moses because of the boils; for the boil was upon the magicians, and upon all the Egyptians.
12 aAnd the Lord hardened the heart of Pharaoh, and he hearkened not unto them; as the Lord had spoken unto Moses.
13 ¶ And the Lord said unto Moses, Rise up early in the morning, and stand before Pharaoh, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord God of the Hebrews, Let my people go, that they may serve me.

Is Pharaoh innocent? Nope. As he leads all Egypt in wickedness, and they follow him, they are not innocent, either.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Barney
That is not helpful, but that said, I am discussing it, as is the Brother. Don't think for a second that I hold the same religious beliefs as the Brother, because you wouldn't be more wrong. I have no religious beliefs. The Brother just happens to believe what the bible ACTUALLY says without room for misinterpretation or misunderstanding. He is honest about his god and scriptures yet he is forever being mocked for his honesty and how he presents the scripture. At least he doesn't BARE FACE LIE about what the scripture actually states.

The conversation has now turned to the predicted re-writing of the scripture and the denials by apologist such as RoderickSpode , who, in the face of all the BIBLICAL evidence still tries, in vain, to tell tell  us that the bible doesn't actually say what it indeed actually says.

How many times does the lord god himself admit his intentions to "hardening the heart" of Pharaoh? 

And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and he will pursue them, and I will get glory over Pharaoh and all his host, and the Egyptians shall know that I am the Lord.” And they did so.” (Exodus 14:4)

“But I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and though I multiply my signs and wonders in the land of Egypt,” (Exodus 7:3)

And the Lord said to Moses, “When you go back to Egypt, see that you do before Pharaoh all the miracles that I have put in your power. But I will harden his heart, so that he will not let the people go.” (Exodus 4:21)

How many times does the bible say that the lord god actually did "hardened the heart of Pharoah"?

“But the Lord hardened Pharaoh's heart, and he did not let the people of Israel go.” (Exodus 10:20)

But the Lord hardened Pharaoh's heart, and he would not let them go.” (Exodus 10:27)

And the Lord hardened the heart of Pharaoh king of Egypt, and he pursued the people of Israel while the people of Israel were going out defiantly.” (Exodus 14:8)

“But the Lord hardened the heart of Pharaoh, and he did not listen to them, as the Lord had spoken to Moses. (Exodus 9:12)

So for all the repeated verses claiming what god will do and did do to Pharaoh's heart, I am told that I am wrong.   How can these verses be "mis-read" or "misinterpreted" and "misunderstood"? as I am continually accused of doing by apologist who do not know these scriptures themselves.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@RoderickSpode

Again, you try to rewrite the scriptures. Youattempt this every single time that your gods vile nature is exposed for whatit actually is. 

"the LORD  had hardened Pharaoh'sheart and hewould not listen to Moses and Aaron, just as the LORD had said toMoses." Exodus 9:12.

Your comment is similar to claiming that theEnglish language translators of the KJV rewrote the Bible. Or that the writersof the NKJV, NASB, NIV rewrote the KJV. Is this what you believe?

Not at all. You have been shown many BIBLICALexamples of god and the bible stating clearly that  the hardening of theheart of Pharaoh was all gods doing and with intent. If you can find a extra biblical scripture that contradicts the bible, any bible, then I will gladly take itinto consideration. But this will leave you with a MASSIVE problem if you wereto discover such a scripture.

But the bible CLEARLY states that "God hadhardened Pharaoh's heart"!!   do you not see that ,LOOK>>>>"the LORD  had hardened Pharaoh'sheart and he would not listen to Moses and Aaron, just as the LORD hadsaid to Moses." Exodus 9:12 
 Your piss poor attempts at rewriting thesescriptures every time the vile nature of your god ( who you also claim is Jesus)is exposed only serves to show how biblical uneducated you actually are. Youmust keep missing what it is the BIBLE ACTUALLY states LOOK>>>>   "theLORD  had hardened Pharaoh's heart and he would not listento Moses and Aaron, just as the LORD had said to Moses." Exodus9:12

Look! Right in the Bible.

Indeed, and all  caused by god. By hisown admission and prediction. OR are you saying the bible is wrong and thatyour examples contradict what THE BIBLE and GOD himself  says here below:

“But the Lord hardened Pharaoh's heart, and he did not let the peopleof Israel go.” (Exodus 10:20)

“But the Lord hardened Pharaoh's heart, and he would not let them go.”(Exodus 10:27)

“And the Lord hardened the heart of Pharaoh king ofEgypt, and hepursued the people of Israel while the people of Israel were going outdefiantly.” (Exodus 14:8)

“And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and he will pursue them, and Iwill get glory over Pharaoh and all his host, and the Egyptians shall know thatI am the Lord.” And they did so.” (Exodus 14:4)

“But the Lord hardened the heart of Pharaoh, and he did not listen to them,as the Lord had spoken to Moses. (Exodus 9:12)

“But I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and though I multiply my signsand wonders in the land of Egypt,” (Exodus 7:3)

And the Lord said to Moses, “When you go back toEgypt, see that you do before Pharaoh all the miracles that I have put in yourpower. But I will harden his heart, so that he will not let thepeople go.” (Exodus 4:21)

I'm anxiously awaiting your interpretation of theverses I just gave you.

Why? They simply confirm what the lord god himself says he will do and did do. Or are you saying your verses contradict those verses where we can read clearly for ourselves, of GOD himself saying   “And I will harden Pharaoh's heart,” at  (Exodus 14:4) AND  (Exodus 9:12) AND (Exodus 7:3) AND (Exodus 4:21)?

That is a yes or no question .

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@RoderickSpode

Your post ~10 is of the personal nature and what you believe about me personally. It has nothing to do with this thread. I won't bother addressing a single part of it.  

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@fauxlaw
 You pick a verse out of context

Please!!!!! not that old chestnut!!!   that is simply your opinion.  I have simply quoted exactly what the lord god himself predicted and said he would do.  There is no confusion as much as you would like thee to be. the lord god and the bible repeatedly states what the lord god will do and  did do.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Stephen
exactly what the lord god himself predicted and said he would do.  
Sure. After 3,500 years of transcription, and translation errors, innocent or corrupt, what we have today is "exactly what the lord god himself predicted and said he would do."
And I have a bridge over Death Valley for sale. Old chestnuts notwithstanding.
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode,

BLASPHEME!!!!

Regarding my post #6 that you FAILED TO ADDRESS, as if you haven't done this before many times, you bring forth another ruse to RUN AWAY from Jesus' true words! You play, "oh look at this shiny thing over here, isn't it magnificent, look, all nice and shiny, isn't it?" instead of at least "trying" to answer my post in question!

Don't you like our Jesus being a brutal serial killer of the innocent child? Huh?  Too scared to admit this biblical axiom?  YOU DON'T WANT TO BE LIKE THE EQUALLY BIBLE IGNORANT FAUXLAW AND RUN AWAY ALL THE TIME TO JESUS' TRUE WORDS, DO YOU?   In simpler terms for you to maybe understand, WWJD?

POSTED AGAIN:  Now, to the main crux of Stephens’s initial post, how do you feel about Jesus on yet another murdering spree of innocent children, where this time it is the first born in the land of Egypt?  Do we still promote that our Jesus is “ever loving and forgiving?” Yes or no?  To gain more followers to our faith, do we promote that our Jesus is a cruel and blatant serial killer of innocent babies and children?  Awaiting a cogent answer this time bible fool!

Lets talk about the above biblical axioms, shall we? Yes?

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@fauxlaw

Fauxlaw,

YOUR BLATANT SATANIC QUOTE: "Sure. After 3,500 years of transcription, and translation errors, innocent or corrupt, what we have today is "exactly what the lord god himself predicted and said he would do."And I have a bridge over Death Valley for sale. Old chestnuts notwithstanding.

You making excuses for not accepting the Bible as written is the true definition of BLASPHEME!  Just who in the hell do you think you are?  

Where do you get the authority to state, that what the Bible says, is really NOT what the Bible says?  Where do you get the authority to propose that a Christian needs to use the latest "decoder ring" or "crystal ball" to understand what the Bible, IN YOUR UNGODLY SUBJECTIVE OPINION, is meant to say?  

We have seen so many Bible Rewriters like you that were sent here from Satan Himself, whereas in your Satanic opinion, it has been millenniums where Christians have not read the Bible correctly, but only since your arrival upon earth, is the Bible to be read in your subjective interpretation!  LAUGHABLE!

Jesus and I are going to have some great fun at your embarrassing expense, in making you the continued pseudo-christian Bible fool that you are, praise!

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen
@Barney
@RoderickSpode

RoderickSpode,

What did you just do regarding the Bible? WTF!

As if your outright biblical ignorance wasn't enough, now you preclude that the Bible CONTRADICTS ITSELF because of the passages that you have shown in your post #9, relative to Stephen's initial post, and #4, and my post #6, are blatantly showing the complete opposite regarding who hardened Pharaoh's heart!  Both biblical axioms cannot be true at the same time, therefore, now what?!

Were you sent here by Satan Himself, whereas you have thrown sand into the gas tank of our faith, because both hardening of the heart biblical axioms relative to Pharaoh cannot be TRUE at the same time, get it Satan incarnate?  Bible Logic 101:  Where there are contradictions, there are falsehoods, and where there are falsehoods, there are LIES because both biblical scenarios cannot be true at the same time, understood?

Since Roderick Spode has now shown that our Bible LIES, then how can we build a faith upon said lies?!  BLASPHEME!  

RoderickSpode, thanks a lot for opening yet another can of worms regarding our faith in Christianity! :(

+++++++++++++++ CHRISTIAN ALERT!!!  +++++++++++++++

MODERATOR RAGNAR:  Can you intervene post haste because RoderickSpode has enlightened us in showing that the JUDEO-Christian Bible has LIED to us as shown by just one example above relative to two blatantly contradicting positions of the hardening of Pharaohs heart!  RoderickSpode is therefore obviously questioning whether we are to actually believe in the Bible since it is shown to be built upon LIES in this particular case.  

We can only assume that RoderickSpode will now hit the TV circuit on Fox News, The Hannity Show, and Fox and Friends, etc. with this earth shattering news about Christianity being lied to within the scriptures!  I am sure RoderickSpode will donate the funds he will be getting from these shows to the Christian churches to help them defray the costs of no more Christians being together on Sunday mornings anymore when this news gets out!  In essence, no more passing the collection plates to keep the Pastor in his expensive clothing attire and new cars. aka, Joel Osteen.

SIDEBAR: RoderickSpode has jogged my memory, therefore, I unfortunately have other biblical axiom situations like the one herein that we can also discuss as well when you have the time.

Mr. Ragnar, awaiting your help upon this unbelievable topic at hand!  Thanking you in advance.

Barney
Debates: 49
Barney
-->
@BrotherDThomas
"Both biblical axioms cannot be true at the same time, therefore, now what?!"
Technically the bible can self contradict without paradox. It's a matter of faith similar to 2+2 equaling 5 (Orwell).

Was Jesus the blood son of Joseph to which Matthew spends a lot of time focused on, or was he the son of God? Clearly the same book of the bible would have us believe both are true, even while Joseph definitely played no role in getting Mary pregnant.

Can you intervene post haste
Unlikely. Difference in opinion and not getting along, are not what moderators are here for.

You may of course choose to not mingle with him. ... Speaking of Mingle, I do not endorse that app. Okcupid and Hinge are about the only ones I would suggest.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Did I say I didn't accept the Bible? You seem to lack a complete understanding. Could it be you don't have the spiritual sight you think you do? I accept the Bible; I'm just completely aware that it has flaws. It is not infallible.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
+++++++++++++++ CHRISTIAN ALERT!!!  +++++++++++++++
Ah I am happy he is back
RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@Stephen
Stephen, it's unclear as to your interpretation of the scriptures I gave you in light of the one's you continually post.

When Pharaoh saw there was relief, however, he hardened his heart and would not listen to Moses and Aaron, just as the LORD had said.

But this time also Pharaoh hardened his heart and would not let the people go.

So Pharaoh sent officials, who saw that none of the livestock of the Israelites had died. But Pharaoh's heart was hardened, and he would not let the people go.

Why harden your hearts as the Egyptians and Pharaoh hardened theirs? When He afflicted them, did they not send the people on their way as they departed?

At least I know where BDT is coming from. He interprets the combined texts as revelatory evidence that the Bible consists of lies. You haven't given your explanation.

(I hope it's not identical to BDT's).

RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas,

The role you're trying to play, the Westboro-esque/Children of the Corn-ish mid-western creepy minister character is slipping. The problem with you trying to continue the role is that you're compromising too much. You're going too far over the already over-the-top bible evils-contradictions-lies theme.

Your character requires a bit more balance. Your role requires offending both Christians, and non-Christians (or pagans) alike. Christians of course are supposed to be offended by you, and embarrassed about how our faith is being represented by a candidate for Carrie's father should they do another sequel. And pagans (a word you should be using a lot in keeping character) are supposed to be equally offended by seeing yet another religious nut-case.

Your friendship with Stephen is actually kind of neat, as it's nice to see you both getting along with someone. Unfortunately it's causing you to compromise your character.

Here you would have us believe that you're almost doing a sort of reverse KIng Agrippa.

In my case, it is truly hard in being a TRUE Christian that follows and accepts ALL of Jesus' inspired words within the Scriptures.

Is Stephen almost convincing you to become an atheist? Or is that giving him too much credit?

And your recent suggestion that (seeming) contradictions in the Bible reveal lying may not be the best method in perpetuating your role. How would you know if the words of Jesus were lies or not? If you acknowledge that, the lines in your script are rendered void.

"These biblically ignorant Bible fools refuse to accept the inconvenient fact that Jesus' true words supersede their Devil Speak! (“EVERY word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.“ (Proverbs 30:5)" - BrotherDThomas circa 2020

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@fauxlaw
exactly what the lord god himself predicted and said he would do.  
Sure. After 3,500 years of transcription, and translation errors, innocent or corrupt, what we have today is "exactly what the lord god himself predicted and said he would do."

We are talking one incidence where ALL the verse relating to it states the same thing and confirm repeatedly what the lord god himself says he "will do" and what he did do.  You Christians  just hate these  verses and stories being highlighted are  forever attempting  to polish these biblical turds that show your god in his true colours. . Millions of innocent 1st born died, because your god caused it to happen.

Tell me; is the bible wrong when it states that the lord god himself had said something?

Which one of these statements FROM THE LORD are not true and why?: keeping in mind that : "Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.Proverbs 30:5

“And I will harden Pharaoh's heart,.” Exodus 14:4

And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; Genesis 6:7

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Stephen
And the Lord said, "Do not parse my words from one verse."
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@fauxlaw
Tell me; is the bible wrong when it states that the lord god himself had said something?

Which one of these statements FROM THE LORD are not true and why?: keeping in mind that : "Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.Proverbs 30:5

“And I will harden Pharaoh's heart,.” Exodus 14:4

And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; Genesis 6:7

And the Lord said, "Do not parse my words from one verse."

So, you have absolutely no comeback to my simple question - in any language. Just a little too inconvenient for you was it? 

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Stephen
inconvenient? No, just bored by your tone. You hate the Bible. You hate God. That's your schtick. I get it. You're beating a dead horse. Do something else, yeah?