Upvoting one's own forum post

Author: Discipulus_Didicit

Total: 6
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
I think the ability to upvote ones one forum post should be eliminated if possible. I never put the first upvote on any of my posts but whenever I am reviewing a thread and I see that someone liked one of my posts I feel a weird compulsion to bring it to 2 likes just so nobody thinks the first like was mine. Like, I assume that anyone who sees one of my posts with a single like will assume I liked my own post so I bring it to 2 just to show "yes actually someone did like my post, even if you assume one was from me if it is at 2 you know I was liked by someone else at least once. Validation!"

So, if you ever see a post of mine with 1 like it was not me but if there are multiple likes chances are high (though less than 100%) that at least one was mine.

This would not really change much so if it would be a pain feel free to leave it but if it doesn't require much coding effort it would be worth it to help with my psychological conditioning to leave a second like on all my liked posts. Thanks.
CaptainSceptic
Debates: 8
CaptainSceptic
Hey. you up there!!  

No one is looking at your posts and wondering if you are in a state of self-gratification.

I suggest you climb down from that high horse of yours before you fall off and get hurt.    If there was a downvote feature I may have used it on you to protest your narcissistic indulgence.

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@CaptainSceptic
If there was a downvote feature I may have used it on you to protest your narcissistic indulgence.

That would also work! I like this idea.
CaptainSceptic
Debates: 8
CaptainSceptic
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Well played.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I see your trying to take over my spot as the most liked forum poster on the site >:C
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Vader
Honestly 407th place would be fine for me.