Colin Kapernick: A F**king Coward

Author: Vader

Total: 89
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Colin Kaepernick is praised overall as a hero because of his sacrifices for a cause that is flawed in all aspects. And to have him kneel in a time to respect the national anthem. 

But you know who he is...

A bitch

By kneeling in the national anthem, you are disrespecting the soldiers who have fought for our country. To believe that it is about equality is simply wrong. The military is on the field for the anthem and is showing their solidarity. By not showing, and kneeling, you disrespect the people who have actually fought for the freedom. The tribute is for the people who fought for the freedom. 
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Amen
Barney
Debates: 49
Barney
As one of those soldiers, I don't feel disrespected.

Had he called for people to talk during it, I might be offended.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
fighting for freedom 200 years ago, today its fighting for that sweet sexy iraqi oil and wealth, its not the veterans fault at all, that is not what I am saying, but I dont get the whole "freedom" aspect part of it, we fight for glory, we got our freedom 
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Vader
Lets not forget people kneeled on 9/11

Singularity
Debates: 11
Singularity
-->
@Barney
As one of those soldiers, I don't feel disrespected.

Well I am offended. Way to sign up to be cannon fodder for Jewish interests while patriots like me refrain from signing up to go overseas and fight for the jews, and instead go onto the intellectual battlefield to protect the very ideals America embodies, such as libertarianism and rugged individualism

Barney
Barney
-->
@Singularity
Well I am offended. 
The OP specifically referred to "disrespecting the soldiers who have fought for our country." You're a few years shy of evening being able to enlist as a soldier; let alone having the discipline and emotional fortitude to make it through boot-camp.

patriots like me refrain from signing up to go overseas
Again, you literally can't.
CaptainSceptic
Debates: 8
CaptainSceptic
-->
@Vader

Well I ask you this, and I would like an answer, please.

• How may non-NFL fans know his name?
  • How long did he help keep #blacklivesmatter in the news?
  • How effective have his actions been at highlighting the huge problems with "the thin blue line"?

I would say very effective.   That ain't no bitch action, and he ain't no coward.   Took huge chestnuts to sacrifice his entire career for something he believed in, that benefits others.

A selfless act, no one got hurt, it was not illegal, and it accomplished a lot.

Vader
Vader
-->
@CaptainSceptic
  • How may non-NFL fans know his name?
I never said he didn't bring attention to the issues. I think its about his actions that he did are agregious. If he simply spoke and said something, it would not have an issue. 

You can do a terrible action for a good reason. Islam is a perfect example. They kill people. One of the worst things you do. They justify it by their Quran. They believe that by killing non believers, they are doing good.
  • How long did he help keep #blacklivesmatter in the news?
For a while, and again, that's not my point. BlackLivesMatter is a flawed program that believes that blacks should be superior than the rest of the population and especially police. That is not true. All Lives Matter and everyone should be treated equally, not one race becoming the demi-god
  • How effective have his actions been at highlighting the huge problems with "the thin blue line"?
Arguable zero. It still happens. The violence with the police was already on the decline. He wasn't the nail in the coffin
CaptainSceptic
CaptainSceptic
-->
@Vader
You are hardly defending your position.

"agregious".  Well if you are going to use big words know what they mean and spell them properly. 

Egregious: means. outstandingly bad;  conspicuously bad.   You have not shown how one person kneeling is "egregious".

You then proceed to compare taking a knee (a legal act, that hurts no one), to Islamic fundamental extremism.   You're going to need to be a bit more relevant to earn any credibility. 

You then say "lacks should be superior than the rest of the population"

Racisms is evident.  Disproportionate representation of blacks in many different socio-economic demographics.  Back Lives Matter is hardly a supremacist agenda.   Show me how it is.

Violence by police on the decline?  Where do you pull that statistic from? 

It appears as this has nothing to do with Colin,  or the flag, but a resentment to Blacks.  Please tell me how I am wrong.
Singularity
Singularity
-->
@Barney
I have made it through worse than bootcamp. I was tortured routinely as a kid. Not allowed to sleep, barely eating and subjected to physical beatings as well as psychological forms od torture, such as when I was being sleep deprived and my father was repeating the same 2 and 3 phrases over and over trying to brainwash me. . I can handle bootcamp. 

I almost joined twice. The first time was just after 9/11 but I couldn't really get the assurances I needed. I had a very high ASVAb score but they said they couldn't make any promises and I wanted a job in intelligence, so not wanting to be infantry, I'm like fuck it. The second time I was relatively sure that I would get into some form of intelligence because of the background check was pretty intense. They asked for 100 references a list of every place I have ever worked and lived. Honestly I was just like fuck that man. I am not seeking out 100 people that know me and providing their address and phone numbers, that is just awkward as hell to even ask that information, particularly since I keep my social circle very very small. 

Later on I was glad I did not join, because I do not agree with America's foreign policy. I wouldn't mind fighting for freedom like in the revolutionary war, but every war since has. Ot really been about freedom and did nothing to increase or defend freedom at all. Every major war since has pretty much been pointless. World war one perhaps an exception because of pearl Harbor, the si king of the Lusitania was pretty much set up to gain public support for the war. Germany actually warned they would sink the passenger line and took out ads in New York papers, but American politicians give a shit less about Americans so the lusitania kept travelling with weapons in it smuggled over seas and the Americans on board were sacrificial pawns. Kinda like you were a sacrificial pawn. The difference is you signed off on foreign policy by joining. It was just a dumb decision or a selfish decision to join on your part.  Going over seas to create blowback so another 9 11 happens is just bad policy. Staying out of the middle east would have zero detrimental impact on America, neither would removing bases from Japan or Germany who are no longer enemies

Vader
Vader
-->
@CaptainSceptic
You are hardly defending your position.

"agregious".  Well if you are going to use big words know what they mean and spell them properly. 

Egregious: means. outstandingly bad;  conspicuously bad.   You have not shown how one person kneeling is "egregious".
Colin Kaepernick has disrespected the people who have fought for and given up their lives for the freedom of America. 
On the 15th aniversary of 9/11, one of the most tragic days in America, Colin Kaepernick decided not to show up and many players kneeled during the anthem. Colin Kaepernick disregards the fact that so many people died in a deadly attack for his own beliefs. The heroes that fought the war and the first responders to 9/11 are more important and should be commemorated, not attacked by the same intuition that made them free to express their beliefs. Without these brave people, we wouldn't be able to express this. We should honor the people who helped our country. Colin Kaepernick isntead disregarded the people who saved many lives. 

He disregards the life of veterans for his own personal desires, a selfish act that is egregious. 
You then proceed to compare taking a knee (a legal act, that hurts no one), to Islamic fundamental extremism.   You're going to need to be a bit more relevant to earn any credibility. 
This is not a true statement. I stated an example of what Colin Kaepernick does. I did not say it was of equal magnitude as kneeling. Colin Kaepernick is making the same argument that Islam is making, but with a lesser scale and degree. You are misinterpreting what I say

You then say "lacks should be superior than the rest of the population"

Racisms is evident.  Disproportionate representation of blacks in many different socio-economic demographics.  Back Lives Matter is hardly a supremacist agenda.   Show me how it is.
The FBI called them a violent threat

Police violence and brutality effects everyone, not one race. By putting this pedastol on African Americans, you are ignoring the other people who are victims of police brutality
Violence by police on the decline?  Where do you pull that statistic from? 
https://www.security.org/wp-content/themes/security.org/dist/images/lp-templates/police-brutality/brutality-2_9cb6077f.jpg

This image suggests that only 11 people truly are victim to a police brutality overall. 
It appears as this has nothing to do with Colin,  or the flag, but a resentment to Blacks.  Please tell me how I am wrong.
No it isn't. You are making an ad hominem by believing this is some hateful resentment against blacks. This isn't. I understand what they are fighting for and I agree with some of the points. I do believe sometimes police think they are high and mighty because of a badge. However that is a minority of the police in the world and I think Colin Kaepernick's actions are wrong. While I do believe the BLM is flawed, I'm not disregarding police brutality

Go on and make some more poorly placed ad hominem's
Singularity
Singularity
-->
@CaptainSceptic

Racisms is evident.  Disproportionate representation of blacks in many different socio-economic demographics. 
How is that evidence of racism? 

Is it racism against whites that whites achieve less socio eco comic success than Jews? Is it straight phobic that homosexuals are more likely than heterosexuals to live an upper middle class lifestyle?

So is demographic differences in socio economic classes, really evidence of wide spread racism? 

CaptainSceptic
CaptainSceptic
-->
@Vader
@Singularity
I want to make sure I am understanding you both.

Are you both saying that there are no race issues?  That there is no reason why blacks should feel that they are being treated as a race different than whites?

I just want to make sure that I understand your position.

You stated  "disregards the fact that so many people died in a deadly attack for his own beliefs. "

There is no quote from him I can find where he admonished those who died in the 9/11 attacks.  The last I checked the flag is not just a symbol of the military or veterans.   Pasting a link to the FBI referencing one group as demonstrating of all blacks, or implying that it is Colin's responsibility or fault, is ludicrous.  There are extreme groups everywhere.

What I said was not an ad hominem.  What I said is that "it appears".    I did not attack you personally.   I will apologize if a neutral third party adjudicated it was an ad hominem.

Your argument is all over the place.  First about veterans, then it the same as  Islamic terrorism, then it supports extremist groups, then it is an offense to the people who died in  9/11.  What the hell does a bunch of Saudi nut jobs have to do with CK?

It is like you are shooting first and aiming later.

Then we got Singularity who tries to make this about jews.   Come on guys.  Put together a cohesive argument,  and while I might not agree with it, I will put my hand up and say.  I see your point.   
Barney
Barney
-->
@Singularity
...I almost joined twice. The first time was just after 9/11...
As a reminder, you identify as a thirteen-year old girl. When 9/11 happened, you weren't even born yet. In five years, you won't even have to register for the draft.
Singularity
Singularity
-->
@CaptainSceptic
You argued that socio economic demographics are proof of racism. That is your premise. I am asking you about that premise, not making my own argument. I mentioned the disproportionate socio economic statuses of Jewish people and homosexuals that seem to benefit them to ask if that was evidence of racism against non jews and non homosexuals, because it directly speaks to what your premise would entail. Let me put your quote below again so you don't get off topic.

Racisms is evident.  Disproportionate representation of blacks in many different socio-economic demographics. 
It's possible that you have a correct conclusion and an incorrect premise. I am questioning your premise at the moment and not your conclusion. If your conclusion is not derived from the provided premise than I want to know what your actual conclusion is derived from.
Singularity
Singularity
-->
@Barney
As a reminder, you identify as a thirteen-year old girl
I was told by BSH1 that my separate personalities were not allowed unique user names. Has this policy changed, because if so I will let francesca have her own account. If the policy has not changed and all personalities require the same account than I don't want to hear shit about how Francesca is a different age than me
CaptainSceptic
CaptainSceptic
-->
@Singularity
Two points.

Yes it is.  The socio-economic elements of blacks versus whites are prima facia evidence that discriminatory practices abound.

The point here is about CK, and did his actions constitute an egregious act.

Nothing illegal, got people talking (this forum post is proof his actions worked) no-one hurt, and at a huge personal sacrifice.

I cannot see how it was an egregious act,  because nothing has been said that is remotely persuasive.   That being said I will eagerly look at anything anew.

Singularity
Singularity
-->
@CaptainSceptic
Yes it is.  The socio-economic elements of blacks versus whites are prima facia evidence that discriminatory practices abound.
I understand you commented about Kaepernick and the assertion was a part of that.  I am only concerned with your assertion.

How is that evidence of discrimination against blacks?

Let's just pretend that all discrimination ended tomorrow, would that mean you believe socio economic demographics would show blacks as equal to whites in socio economic status in 2025? if not how long would it take to overcome the previous discrimination?

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
Hmm...socio-economic...

There are 2 schools of thought on the socio.

A) Your skin color matters and only a white-skinned person (or tan Asian) can improve you.
B) Your skin color does not set a limit on how much you choose to improve yourself.

There are 2 schools of thought on the economic.

A) Your skin pigmentation matters and only welfare funded by white people (or tan Asians) can assist you.
B) Your skin color does not dictate your job opportunities, and in fact, supporting Trump's economic policies invariably leads to less unemployment and more job and job training opportunities, regardless of the shade of your skin.

Nemiroff
Debates: 15
Nemiroff
-->
@Vader
The national anthem predates the army and has nothing to do with it.

The national anthem celebrates our american spirit of freedom, including the freedom of expression. To defend and exercize our freedoms that our soldiers died to protect is to honor those fallen soldiers. Your loyalist, fascist, mentality is what is disrespectful to our soldiers, and our nation. We actively fight against such oppressive regimes that silence the complaints of their people.
CaptainSceptic
CaptainSceptic
-->
@Vader
@Nemiroff
The national anthem predates the army and has nothing to do with it.
EXACTLY.   SupaDudz is just making arguments up that are nonsensical.

Vader
Vader
-->
@Nemiroff
The national anthem celebrates our american spirit of freedom, including the freedom of expression. To defend and exercize our freedoms that our soldiers died to protect is to honor those fallen soldiers. Your loyalist, fascist, mentality is what is disrespectful to our soldiers, and our nation. We actively fight against such oppressive regimes that silence the complaints of their people.
And who are the people that fight for our freedom to speak freely and express ourselves? Certainly not Colin Kaepernick. He hasn't done anything to preserve freedom. The national also symbolizes respect for our troops. He disrespected the veterans.

An authoritarian society would punish you for doing that. What Kaepernick did was disrespectful, not illegal. Big difference. Yet again misinterpreting what I say
Vader
Vader
-->
@CaptainSceptic
Are you both saying that there are no race issues?  That there is no reason why blacks should feel that they are being treated as a race different than whites?

I just want to make sure that I understand your position.
I said there was, but it is deeper than the blacks being victims. There are other deeper race issues within other minorities. It's not just blacks, it's every race

You stated  "disregards the fact that so many people died in a deadly attack for his own beliefs. "

There is no quote from him I can find where he admonished those who died in the 9/11 attacks. 
His actions imply that he does not support the people who died in 9/11 by wanting to kneel during 9/11, a true American tragedy
The last I checked the flag is not just a symbol of the military or veterans.   Pasting a link to the FBI referencing one group as demonstrating of all blacks, or implying that it is Colin's responsibility or fault, is ludicrous.  There are extreme groups everywhere.
I never said that there wasn't. I denounce the KKK, ISIS, and ANTIFA and those terrorist groups. All I am saying is the FBI classified them as a violent threat, and this is what Colin Kaepernick is support. He is supporting what is considered, a violent threat according to our own government.

But the flag represents the military and their fight overall.

What I said was not an ad hominem.  What I said is that "it appears".    I did not attack you personally.   I will apologize if a neutral third party adjudicated it was an ad hominem.
I qoute you
This is implying that I do not like African Americans or have some hate for them. This isn't a resentment. I'm not saying what Colin Kaepernick does is illegal, but it is a poor way of going about it. I NEVER ONCE SAID what he was illegal and needed federal punishment. I believe that there are other ways of showing support for that cause. I think his Nike campaign was effective. I also think if he did that instead of kneeling, I would respect him more.

Nemiroff
Debates: 15
Nemiroff
-->
@Vader
And who are the people that fight for our freedom to speak freely and express ourselves? Certainly not Colin Kaepernick. He hasn't done anything to preserve freedom.
The point of a democracy is that you dont have to do anything to have your rights. The soldiers sacrifice for ALL OF US to have those rights. And again, he didnt reference the veterans at all. The anthem predates our armed forces and glorifies america in general, not the military. 

Indeed, he has done something great to preserve freedom. He took a knee, at great personal risk. Civil disobedience is an american heritage. As is uncivil disobedience, but i think we all prefer to not go there.

An authoritarian society would punish you for doing that. 
Yes it would. Stop trying to turn USA into an authoritarian society.
CaptainSceptic
CaptainSceptic
-->
@Vader
His actions imply that he does not support the people who died in 9/11 by wanting to kneel during 9/11, a true American tragedy
I think you mean to say, you think his action implies.  Not that his actions actually imply.  I do not see that implication at all.  Above you stated

" Colin Kaepernick decided not to show up and many players kneeled during the anthem"

A few points of order:

1.  If CK did not show up, you do not know what he did in private.  You just don't know.
2.  If it was soo offensive and egregious, why don't you know the names of the "many players" that kneeled?

Resenting and saying you do not like or have some hate for, are VERY different.  I resent my wife for always banging the car up.  That does not mean I do not like her, or that I have any hate for her.  It's a pain in the ass she can't open her fucking eyes, and I have to deal with it.....   very different. 

So if this is about the 9/11  ceremony, then this is a  double paddy nothing burger.  Colin did not even show up so you have no idea what he did or did not do.

Vader
Vader
-->
@Nemiroff
I don't look to punish Colin Kaepernick is the difference. I said that in the line after that. So I see no point in arguing with someone who takes one line out of context
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Nemiroff
Your loyalist, fascist, mentality is what is disrespectful to our soldiers, and our nation. We actively fight against such oppressive regimes that silence the complaints of their people.
He never said it should be illegal. It’s not fascist to say it’s disrespectful to kneel during the national anthem. Everyone knows he has the right to do. Doesn’t mean he should.
Vader
Vader
-->
@ILikePie5
Liberals take one line and skew it the opposite of what it is meant to say
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Those same athletes wouldn't think twice about kneeling during the Chinese anthem.