Would you accept this religion?

Author: Melcharaz

Total: 22
Melcharaz
Debates: 6
Melcharaz
In a fictional world, a race made this contract with "God"

Whereas the "Blank" (hereinafter known as `the Worshippers') wish to establish a long-term relationship with an omnipotent and all-knowing deific entity (hereinafter known as `God' or `god') which shall mutually benefit both parties, the parties agree to abide by the following terms and commitments for the rest of eternity.
The Worshippers hereby promise to perform faithfully and to the best of their ability the following:
  1. Worshippers shall make regular and sincere obeisance to God, including but not limited to prayer, sacrifice, and the building of large structures.
  2. Worshippers shall make every attempt to convert non-believers (hereinafter known as `Them') making sure to obtain signed documents from same attesting to said conversion.
  3. Worshippers shall not enter into an agreement with another deity, without written permission from God.
In consideration of the above correctly performed obeisance, God shall provide:
  1. Continued existence with little or no modification to the perceived reality of the Worshippers.
  2. No fewer than 3 miracles (Force Majeure), whose exact nature and timing shall be left to God's sole discretion.
  3. Worshippers shall enjoy some form of life after death which shall remain a complete and total mystery to the Worshippers until such time as they die.
We, the undersigned, hereby swear to fulfill our obligations as defined above.Signed, "Blank".
(God, being omni-present and all-knowing is considered to have signed this document, by default.)

What are yalls thoughts on this kind of agreement?

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
@Malcharaz.

A load of nonsense.

Well, you did ask us all to give you our thoughts.
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
@ MELACHARAZ 

I honestly hate those childish  emojis. But it is at times like this that I would give an eye to be able to have a head dropping hard on desk emoji.

What are yalls thoughts

It would have been perfect had you stopped at :

Whereas the "Blank"

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
triggered stpehen
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Dr.Franklin
triggered stpehen

And you cannot spell either.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Stephen
But it is at times like this that I would give an eye to be able to have a head dropping hard on desk emoji.

Ironically that's exactly what I think every time I read your posts.

It would have been perfect had you stopped at :

It would have been perfect had you stopped at: sign up/create account.

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Stephen
I honestly hate those childish  emojis. But it is at times like this that I would give an eye to be able to have a head dropping hard on desk emoji.

Its gonna be ok, I promise
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@EtrnlVw
Ironically that's exactly what I think every time I read your posts.

Then why put yourself through the pain & misery that my posts cause you? 

Here you are:

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Stephen
It's gonna be okay Stevie.....*pats em on the head*.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
You got two packages to choose from. 

Package  #1 .  Fun life this life and according to you ,  Really bad life after death.  
Orrrrrrrrrr
Package #2 .   Live this life according to the book that god dId. And after death ,, ☆☆☆☆MEGA JACPOT☆☆☆☆ 

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Melcharaz
In a fictional world, a race made this contract with "God"

What happens to the other "races"? or how is it relevant to them?

What are yalls thoughts on this kind of agreement?

It's a bit strange, I would think that to worship someone or something there needs to be a natural or provoked desire to do so, not by a contract. The very meaning of worship is an expression of reverence and adoration. That comes through personal experience and observation or even trust, by agreement would be more like a dictatorship and that's not too appealing. Appeasing some Lord for favors or benefits through a contract doesn't sound like something I'd be interested in. 
On the other hand, if you don't put much emphasis on individuality and individual expression then I see no real reason not to since we sign contracts all the time for mutual benefits. But again it's not very appealing on a personal level. I think if there was more of a personal aspect here it would be more interesting, I don't consider a good "relationship" to be built on terms of ultimatums or contracts. 
PGA2.0
Debates: 7
PGA2.0
-->
@Melcharaz
  1. Worshippers shall make regular and sincere obeisance to God, including but not limited to prayer, sacrifice, and the building of large structures.
  2. Worshippers shall make every attempt to convert non-believers (hereinafter known as `Them') making sure to obtain signed documents from the same attesting to said conversion.
  3. Worshippers shall not enter into an agreement with another deity, without written permission from God.

1. As opposed to disrespecting your Creator and treating the home He made for poorly?    2.  Why not tell others the good news of mercy and forgiveness?                                                              3.  What other deity   is there?                                           
Melcharaz
Melcharaz
This was mostly for people who dont worship God, i wanted to see what they thought of a contract agreement with a God.

9 days later

Soul_Doubt
Soul_Doubt
-->
@Melcharaz
This was mostly for people who dont worship God, i wanted to see what they thought of a contract agreement with a God.
Interesting hypothetical.

I mean, who would the contract be made with and how could such a contract be enforced or acted upon?

Oh, of course, someone would come out of the woodwork and claim that he has been authorised to issue the contract by "the other party" and that all worshipers and non-worshipers must sign it because, well, its union rules you know. And any default on the part of the worshiper shall be punishable by forfeiting one's possessions and one's head.

But then, it has already been done as of some 1700 years ago and the agreement was verbal or implied upon one's birth.

Nowadays such agreements, if they were to be written, should be re-worded: Whereas the "Blank" (hereinafter known as the Nitwit).

1248 days later

Lemming
Lemming
@Topic
What strikes me I suppose,
Is it reminds me of how countries operate.
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Lemming

Lemming, 

YOUR QUOTE TO THIS THREAD 1248 DAYS LATER: "What strikes me I suppose, Is it reminds me of how countries operate."

H-E-L-L-O?  Nobody cares in what you think THREE AND A HALF YEARS LATER upon this thread!  You have nothing else to do except to read threads so long ago, which proves your inability to comment on current threads!

Quit clogging up the main forum with outdated threads!

Lemming
Lemming
-->
@Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
I politely request that you leave me alone.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Lemming
@Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Not much "clogging" happening threadwise at the moment.

Hence Bro D is also resorting to stirring up interest from the past.

And talking about stirring up interest from the past...Perhaps we could discuss............Hmmmmmmmm

Religion!

Jesus and Allah and all that type of stuff.

If it's still relevant after 2000years, then it's certainly still relevant after 3.5.

Have a nice day y'all.
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Lemming
@Public-Choice

Lemming,

YOUR QUOTE OF DESPAIR: "I politely request that you leave me alone."

Yes, subsequent you NOT leaving me alone in the "Abortion is Murder" debate relative to your wrongfperceived knowledge of "harassment," when it was only a discussion of how Bible Stupid Pro-Choice was, and in turn, I will leave you alone to save you from any further embarrassment in you removing one of your feet to insert the other all the time, okay?

Remember, if you bring me up again in this Religion Forum in any way whatsoever, your request to me is not warranted anymore, get it?

You're excused.

Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@zedvictor4

Zed,

YOUR QUOTE OF WHERE YOU ARE GUILTY AS WELL IN WHAT YOU DID:  "Hence Bro D is also resorting to stirring up interest from the past."

Uh, with you continuing in this thread with your post #18, you are as guilty as Lemming in bringing back the past of TWO AND A HALF YEARS AGO, whereas I had to answer Lemming in responding to his request, to basically not embarrass him anymore in leaving him alone.  

Lemming
Lemming
-->
@whiteflame
I would like to state only my view,
That Mr.BrotherD.Thomas like many bullies, prefers to escape consequences,
And a method commonly used by such individuals,
Is to 'threaten any who call them out on it.

I am 'not willing to ignore actions by Mr.BrotherD.Thomas any longer,
The post in the past that got him temporarily banned convinced me of my error,
And was 'certainly a post I felt no shame at reporting to the mods.
"Heads up, we're going to have a lot of fun with YOU like we did with the other disgusting camel herder Muslim tigerlord, where you will now take his place, so "chain up" because your ride in this forum is going to be real bumpy at your expense!"

I spoke to Public-Choice of the DART CoC,
And when asked explained my reasoning of why Mr.BrotherD.Thomas should be reported by Public-Choice, and Mr.BrotherD.Thomas then banned.
. .
Public-Choice appears to have decided that is not the path he wanted, so I had no more to say in that comment section,
Except report Mr.BrotherD.Thomas for post,
- Mr.BrotherD.Thomas #31
And his insults towards myself.

I don't see anything I can report Mr.BrotherD.Thomas for here, according to the CoC,
But I say again,
Should I see Mr.BrotherD.Thomas acting as a bully and troll,
I shall feel free to report him, and inform individuals browbeaten, of the CoC and their 'option to report him.
Never mind his implied 'threats towards myself,
That I should just let him continue his behavior towards others, and mind my own business, lest he will stop leaving me alone.
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@whiteflame
@Lemming

Lemming,

Listen up, in your feeble post #21, what part of my quote to you didn't you understand in my post #19 herewith:  " I will leave you alone to save you from any further embarrassment in you removing one of your feet to insert the other all the time, okay?"  and in this quote:  "Remember, if you bring me up again in this Religion Forum in any way whatsoever, your request to me is not warranted anymore, get it?"

QUIT BEING SUCH A CRYBABY IN FRONT OF THE MEMBERSHIP!

Furthermore, in you being an ungodly ATHEIST, I can gain solace in knowing that upon your earthly demise, you will be taking the one way E-Ticket ride to the sulfur lakes of HELL, praise Jesus' revenge upon the non-believers like YOU: "

"But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.” (Revelation 21:8)