Star Control Mafia DP ONE

Author: Discipulus_Didicit

Read-only
Total: 176
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
Welcome to Star Control Mafia. Rules for this game have already been listed in the sign-ups thread and will not be restated here. As I promised in the sign-up thread that I would provide a sample of a Town and Mafia PM, I will do so now:

Sample Town PM:

You are the [species] and your ship class is the [ship class]. [Description of species including role justification]. Your are the [role]. [Description of role]. You win with the Town.

Sample of Mafia PM:

You are the [species] and your ship class is the [ship class]. [Description of species including role justification]. Your are the [role]. [Description of role]. In addition to this you may communicate via PM with your partner [player] and choose for one of you to target a player with a kill action each night. You and your partner [player] win with the Mafia.

Living players:

1) SupaDudz
2) LittleCookie08
3) PressF4Respect
4) Ragnar
5) oromagi
6) iLikePie5
7) Speedrace
8) Warren42
9) User_2006

If you have any questions feel free to ask me via PM or by tagging me in the DP.

As stated in the rules this DP will last until there is a lynch or 72 hours from the DP being posted. Now, let the game begin!
Barney
Debates: 49
Barney
-->
@Vader
@oromagi
@PressF4Respect
@skittlez09
Woot woot!
Barney
Barney
-->
@ILikePie5
@warren42
@Speedrace
@User_2006
Let's get this game underway... Okay, probably tomorrow...
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Before I got to sleep

VTL Speed cause he always kills me
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
uh, hem....

broke of all bad habits
rouged and coiffed up for the ball
lemon essence sensed by sinners
l'arch de triomphe conquers all
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@ILikePie5
LOL
User_2006
Debates: 50
User_2006
-->
@ILikePie5
That is a very irrational decision of yours. what if both of you are mafia or both of you are townsfolk?
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Hello everyone. How’s your day going

I’m Zoq Fit Pik. No one can identify a true species we are overall and are not necessarily too imporant overall, therefore I am Vanilla Town.
Vader
Vader
-->
@User_2006
Pie is RVS’ing. An RVS is not a bad thing. It doesn’t mean you believe there mafia. It’s a vote that gets the game moving overall 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@User_2006
That is a very irrational decision of yours. what if both of you are mafia or both of you are townsfolk?
The beginning part of the game is called the Random Voting Stage, RVS for short. You vote someone random to generate activity. Normally someone ends up screwing up and saying something they shouldn’t so they get pressured and the game moves forward. I’d encourage you to do the same!
Barney
Barney
-->
@warren42
As per a random number generator (seed of 4213), 
VTL Warren
User_2006
User_2006
-->
@Barney
@Vader
@ILikePie5
Oh, so that is why I didn't perform so well in the last game because I am too cautious?
User_2006
User_2006
-->
@ILikePie5
Oh, I am sorry. I forgot this game isn't a kill with one vote. That would mean if no one speculated Speed is guilty, then he is safe. So even if this is a misfire it isn't that much of a big deal.
Barney
Barney
-->
@User_2006
Caution can be good, but sometimes you've got to just roll the dice.

Always remember to try to have fun. As an example, as Mafia I once declined a night kill for the lols.
skittlez09
Debates: 1
skittlez09
-->
@Speedrace
VTL oromagi

cuz he was scum last game

User_2006
User_2006
-->
@Barney
@Vader
@Discipulus_Didicit
VTL Ragnar

This might as well be a false conviction, but knowing I can unvote later on throughout the daylight, I have no pressure on this post.

The reason I vote Ragnar is that since Ragnar is dead first in the last game on this forum, it wouldn't make sense for Ragnar to be the same and because Ragnar wasn't guilty, I could imagine that variation should be enough that makes Ragnar Guilty. 

Also, statistics:
Last one: Ragnar First died, He is a townsfolk
The one before: Ragnar died relatively early, a townsfolk
The one before that: Ragnar died relatively late, but he is still a part of the town
And the one before that: Ragnar never died, and he is implied to be a townsman

Conclusion: Ragnar had been dying earlier and earlier, and he has been town for a long time.

Human brains are most likely hardwired to want different things. The survey I did back when I was in 6th grade shows that in my survey sample (in New York City, NY) over 80% of people choose that they want different things(Only want, they may look at the effort called for and stop). Since this forum requires little effort, it is most likely that the creator wanted something different, and would make Ragnar a part of the Mafia. 

However, if I know Discipulus_Didicit enough and if his personality is following the traditions rather than going new, Ragnar could be a part of the town instead of the Mafia. However, my safest guess is that Ragnar is a part of the mafia and he is guilty.

It seems like anyone who is by any means intelligent would be able to tell that I am sided with the town. Yes, I Win with the town, however, I am not releasing my information on what I can do as my role in the game. 
User_2006
User_2006
To those who think I am not being cautious enough, good luck verifying my claim for who I am in the game. Only God knows if I am lying or not. 
User_2006
User_2006
-->
@ILikePie5
@skittlez09
Oh my, it seems like my view is completely opposite with every other voter except for Ragnar, who is just picking randomly.
warren42
warren42
-->
@User_2006
Basically how the game works is this:

There are town players and mafia players. Mafia knows who their teammates are, but town doesn't know who their teammates are. They are informed, but the minority, town is uninformed, but the majority. The goal of the game for town is to find and kill all the mafia players, while mafia's goal is to live long enough that they compose half of the remaining players.

Each "day" the entire group decides on someone to kill. It is majority rules, so in the first day, since there are nine people, five need to vote to kill a player. We "lynch" that player. Each "night" the mafia decides on one player to kill. It could be someone that suspects they are mafia, someone they simply know is a good player, or someone they don't want around for whatever other reason. The cycle then repeats itself. Day, night, day, night, until one of the two win conditions (mafia are all killed or half of the remaining players are mafia) is fulfilled.

Now there are certain "roles" that each player has. Some examples might be the cop, who can each night check whether a person is innocent or guilty. A doctor can pick someone to protect from being killed at night. In the last game you were a vigilante, so each night you could shoot someone you thought was mafia. There are also sometimes limits, which is why in the last game you were described as 1x Vigilante. That means you had one shot to kill someone instead of doing it every night. Most players are usually going to be vanilla, which means that they don't have any special powers and simply have the ability to think about who is behaving funny and vote for them.

So how do you go about playing? Well, if you write posts people can make informed guesses as to your alignment. For example, based on this post you might think "Well warren42 is trying to help out a new player. That seems genuine and like he's trying to help this player learn and win the game. That seems like something a town person would do." You might also think "Hm... Warren42 is trying to help out a new player and get that new player to think he's town, which would help him if he's mafia. He's probably mafia." Finally, you might look at this post and think "Warren42 is trying to help a new player understand the game. This post is not indicative of if he's town or mafia, as he could make a post helping out a new player either way."

If you're mafia, your goal is simply to have at least one of your teammates survive long enough. You want to avoid being suspicious. You also know who is town and who isn't, so you have to pretend you don't and that you're actually trying to determine if a player is town or mafia (like the thought process above.) Let's say you're mafia and Ragnar is town. You want to pretend to be trying to determine if Ragnar is town or mafia by faking a thought process on his posts and behavior.

Essentially mafia try to lie their way through the game while town try to spot the liars.
warren42
warren42
-->
@User_2006
Ok, this is good. I disagree with your logic, but I like that you are thinking about reasons why Ragnar might be mafia.

The reason I don't think your logic is valid is because the vast majority of the time the game moderator (Discipulus_Didicit) randomizes who is what alignment and who is what role. Therefore, Ragnar being town in other games should have no bearing on whether he is town or mafia in this game.

This is not to say that Ragnar is definitively not mafia, but simply that I don't think your reasoning for him being mafia is reliable.
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@warren42
I think he's trolling
warren42
warren42
-->
@Speedrace
I don't think he is. Do you think that says anything about his alignment?
Barney
Barney
-->
@User_2006
I like the work you put in. However, as Warren said, it might be the Gambler's Fallacy: https://www.investopedia.com/terms/g/gamblersfallacy.asp

Of course, it might not. Game hosts are fallible beings. I spent my first several games as Mafia, which contributed to the lynch the moderators joke. It could have been pure coincidence, but in data-mining that correlation would have a strong coefficient.

My general advice would be to use such logic to inform hunches. It's weak evidence, but still evidence.
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@warren42
Not at all, just don't think anyone would seriously believe that logic
Vader
Vader
Are people really going to actually put what he is saying into actual logical terms? I understand he's a noob but don't read in to it
User_2006
User_2006
-->
@Barney
@warren42
I totally get your points. If I have better logic than this one, I will unvote and vote someone else other than Ragnar. 

Right now, I think LittleCookie08 is part of the town community because his assumption that Oro is guilty would mean he is not guilty since that is how the game is supposed to be played. 

There have been no leaks of Warren's identity since he used an assertive tone in a neutral position.

Right now, My guess is that Cookie is town, and Ragnar is mafia. It could be incorrect though. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Unvote 

VTL Press por actividad
User_2006
User_2006
-->
@ILikePie5
Who is that?
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
Official Vote Count

PressF (1/5) - pie
Warren (1/5) - ragnar
Oromagi (1/5) - cookie
Ragnar (1/5) - user

Attention unidentified space vessel!
I am Starbase Commander Hayes of the slave planet Earth. Our hyperwave broadcasts -- extremely weak. Situation critical -- energy cores exhausted. Scanners and deep radar are non-functional. We cannot identify your vessel.

Are you the scheduled Hierarchy resupply ship?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@User_2006
PressF4Respect Lol