Why Are The Scriptures So Secrative, Evasive & Silent?

Author: Stephen

Total: 6
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
Just a few examples of the many evasive,  silent, and secretive half stories from the gospelers.

"But the chief priests consulted that they might put Lazarus also to death;". John 12:10 But it is  never explained why?  What had Lazarus done for those Priests to want to kill him? We are never told, why?

Jesus raises Lazarus from the dead, Why?  What happened to Lazarus after his  once dead, rotting and stinking corpse had been made alive again? He just disappears from the Jesus story altogether.John 11:38-44 Why? where did he go?

We are (eventually)allowed to know the name of a non-entity servant named Malchus who had his ear sliced off by  ‘I forget to turn the other cheek’  Simon, John 18:10 ,yet not allowed to know what should be  two of the most important names In all of the New Testament when it came to Jesus’ trial.

“At the last came two false witnesses,And said, This fellow said, I am able to destroy the temple of God, and to build it in three days”. Matthew 26:59-63. Just  who were these two dirty scoundrels who were more than prepared to bare false witness about  gods only son?  Why are they not named by the gospel writers? Why the silence? They give every other detail but the names of these two perjurers? .  

"There was a certain man casting out demons". Who was this other miracle worker that didn’t belong to the Jesus movement directly? Where did he get his power to drive out demons? What was his name? Why are we not allowed to know his name? Why was he working freelance? Mark 9 ;38

Then there was a unnamed “certain Pharisee” Luke 7:36
Why the secrecy? Why not name him?  What was the meeting about? Was this yet another Pharisee priest or member of the Sanhedrin council who couldn’t be named or even seen with Jesus? If so, why?

And at the same house there was a unnamed woman. She was crying and washing the feet of Jesus and drying away her tears with her hair. Why? What was she crying about? Jesus didn’t even ask her why she was crying and just laid back in a chair and let her get on with it without a care in the world about this woman’s sadness.

No one asked ;   `why are you doing that woman'?  This unnamed women just turned up, with a  jar of expensive oil on hearing that Jesus would be present at a meal.
There are neither reasons given nor explanations for this odd behaviour. Jesus seems to have expected it,there were no protestations from him about this crying woman in distress and obvious sorrow.. 

fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@Stephen
Why ask if you don't listen or read replies. You're like the Pharisees in that regard. I've told you  that picking out a verse and complaining about your lack of finding relevance is not how understanding comes. You must read the context of the single verse. You cannot depend on one verse taken out of its context. Context is added content, and content, in writing, is king. Wha I say I have read the Bible, I have read it cover t cover several times. In four languages. That means nothing to you because you read from the Bible. In singular verses.'
'
You answer happens to be in the very next verse 11: "Because that by reason of him many of the Jews went away, and believed on Jesus." In other words, the chief priests were angry that on account of Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead, the priests were losing congregants to Jesus, along with their monetary contributions, of course. Therefore, the chief priests sought to take Lazarus' life; to put him back dead. Get t?

I didn't think so.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
would this debunk the Bible?
Stephen
Stephen
@ THE ABSOLUTE COWARDLY FAUXLAW WHO JUST CANNOT KEEP AWAY FROM MY THREADS BUT HAS ME ON BLOCK!

This is more stalking and harassment.  And the second time I have warned you about it. 

Why ask if you don't listen or read replies.
I am glad that you can at least distinguish between what is only  a reply and what is a actual answer.

complaining about your lack of finding relevance
How many languages is it that you proclaim to have mastered?
I haven't complained about MY lack of finding relevance have I?  Stop putting words into my mouth. I have asked why so many half stories , silence and evasiveness. 

I say I have read the Bible, I have read it cover t cover several times. In four languages. That means nothing to you because you read from the Bible. In singular verses.'
How would you know that I have read the bible that way?  You haven't a clue what I have read and how I have read it . And  for all your alleged  knowledge in languages, you still cannot explain  what happened to Lazarus after he was "risen". Did they catch up with him?  Was he crucified?  Did he go into a self imposed exile?

'
You answer happens to be in the very next verse 11: "Because that by reason of him many of the Jews went away, and believed on Jesus." In other words, the chief priests were angry that on account of Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead, the priests were losing congregants to Jesus, along with their monetary contributions, of course. Therefore, the chief priests sought to take Lazarus' life; to put him back dead. Get t?

I didn't think so.

I do " GET IT". 

I get that this was a ritualistic symbolic "raising" from the realms of the metaphorical "dead". And the reason they wanted to kill Lazarus  was because Jesus had no authority to perform this symbolic ritual of raising Lazarus to the priesthood. I have made this clear on many of my threads. "raising the dead" is simply  the ritualistic  ceremony of being raised to another degree in the Jesus movement/ cult. This is besides the fact that there is another extra biblical gospel that tell us Lazarus was clearly alive when Jesus approached the tomb.

Put simply, and for the brain dead, anyone outside of the circle was called "the dead" AND to be among the "living" /  the Jesus moment,  one had to be "raised from among the dead" in degrees, i.e from water to wine.    This is the real reason why they wanted Jesus and Lazarus dead. And yes,  many did go over to Jesus as you say,  but it wasn't because of the "raising", they did so because John the  Baptist was gotten out of the way and probably by the Jesus movement? 
Strange how Jesus didn't rush to "raise" his own blood and " the greatest prophet of all " from the dead , isn't it? he , didn't shed a fkn tear over him , did he? 

So don't tell me I don't understand or cannot read . The problem with  haughty sycophants  like you, is that you cannot accept that others read  these scriptures for what they really are;  that is, once the true meanings  behind these so called "miracles" are revealed , we are simply left with a power struggle. A power struggle for the kingship and the priesthood.  The Jews had a history of this in -fighting going back thousands of years and it went on right up until the Romans had had enough of it and the problems with the Galilean  Zealots in particular,  so they destroyed the one thing all these factions  were fighting over and had in common: the temple,  flattening Jerusalem in the process.  IN FACT!  the destruction of the temple had stared with with zealots who had taken it over by force and had barricaded themselves in. So do not suggest I am uneducated and ignorant, you haughty -  born out of wedlock -  person

I don't think so.
You really are a haughty bellend aren't you.   

and you missed this>>  "There was a certain man casting out demons". Who was this other miracle worker that didn’t belong to the Jesus movement directly? Where did he get his power to drive out demons? What was his name? Why are we not allowed to know his name? Why was he working freelance? Mark 9 ;38

AND ALL of  THIS>>>

We are (eventually)allowed to know the name of a non-entity servant named Malchus who had his ear sliced off by  ‘I forget to turn the other cheek’  Simon, John 18:10 ,yet not allowed to know what should be  two of the most important names In all of the New Testament when it came to Jesus’ trial.

“At the last came two false witnesses,And said, This fellow said, I am able to destroy the temple of God, and to build it in three days”. Matthew 26:59-63. Just  who were these two dirty scoundrels who were more than prepared to bare false witness about  gods only son?  Why are they not named by the gospel writers? Why the silence? They give every other detail but the names of these two perjurers? .  

Then there was a unnamed “certain Pharisee” Luke 7:36
Why the secrecy? Why not name him?  What was the meeting about? Was this yet another Pharisee priest or member of the Sanhedrin council who couldn’t be named or even seen with Jesus? If so, why?

And at the same house there was a unnamed woman. She was crying and washing the feet of Jesus and drying away her tears with her hair. Why? What was she crying about? Jesus didn’t even ask her why she was crying and just laid back in a chair and let her get on with it without a care in the world about this woman’s sadness.

No one asked ;   `why are you doing that woman'?  This unnamed women just turned up, with a  jar of expensive oil on hearing that Jesus would be present at a meal.
There are neither reasons given nor explanations for this odd behaviour. Jesus seems to have expected it,there were no protestations from him about this crying woman in distress and obvious sorrow.. 

Stephen
Stephen
Then there is another enigmatic women we meet only fleetingly in the Gospels. Her name is  Joanna, who it turns out, is the wife of one of Herod Antipas' most important officials whose name is Chuza. Luke 8:1-3

Why would this enigmatic female be traveling with the Jesus party?  How did she even become a member of the Jesus movement? Did her husband know? Did he approve?  What was her role in the following? Was she one the women of substance who Jesus and the boys sponged and mooched  off ?  Was she from Galilee?  Had her husband Chuza  infiltrated Herod's court?  Was he passing inside information to his wife to pass onto Jesus?  Such as where John the baptist was located ? We know Jesus had men on the inside of the Sanhedrin council and some of his "secret disciples"  were Pharisee who would only risk meeting Jesus after dark, so non of this can be put down to speculation alone?

Joanna is mentioned as being among other women in Jesus' movement which coincidentally also included a woman named Salome  Mark 15:40-41

I think it is beyond doubt that these women were important figures  with important roles to play  in Jesus' movement. Yet the Christian church has down-played their obvious importance to the Jesus story.  
Stephen
Stephen
There is also another woman who goes by the name of Salome who was another of Jesus' female  "followers". 

Mark 15:40-41
40 " Some women were watching from a distance. Among them were Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James the younger and of Joseph, and Salome. 41 In Galilee these women had followed him and cared for his needs. Many other women who had come up with him to Jerusalem were also there" .

Matthew 27:56 does not name her directly, but adds that the mother of Zebedee's children was in attendance.

56 Among them were Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James and Joseph, and the mother of Zebedee’s sons.
Some scholars deduct from comparing these two verses side by side that "the mother of Zebedee's son's" is Salome. 

The other mention of the mother of Zebedee's children occurs in Matthew 20:20 when she asks Jesus to have one of her sons sit at his right hand and the other at his left in paradise.
 Whatever the opinions of theist and scholars, the point remains that she was among Jesus' movement.

But was she also the unnamed dancing woman who demanded the "head of John the Baptist"?   

Mark 6:25 " “I want you to give me right now the head of John the Baptist on a platter. "

This is a little more than simple conjecture when we consider the important connections that Jesus clearly  had in high places; the Sanhedrin Council,  Chuza  in King Herod's court and high ranking Pharisee of the Priesthood who would visit him only in secret and only after dark,