Revealing my Identity.

Author: Crocodile

Total: 33
RationalMadman
Debates: 562
RationalMadman
-->
@Barney
If that is all you meant then yes it's fine. I assumed it also meant exploiting three things:

1. Creating alts as a very experienced and successful debater (so not an unsuccessful debater with such a severely low Elo you just want a second try to get high/decent) and baiting people in on your account/identity to garner wins to later go 'haha it was me all along and now I have 2 account in the Top 7!' Especially if this is done a third time over, it becomes a nuisance.
  2. Harassing a user (or users) tactically over many alts but doing it such that the user(s) feel obligated to 'tough it out' and not report as no one account did it too much, too often. This would probably only be done by someone who was already a significant nuisance in other ways, but it arguably could be done by someone who was patient enough, used VPNs well and when caught out by you simply pleaded ignorance and that they forgot to inform you (but the point is that it's unlikely they'd get caught, given the stealth that goes along with this and if you think this is imaginary, I am telling you this has been done on other websites and platforms and is very difficult to police without active 'radar' of people's IPs, system info etc).
  3. Creating alts to disarm former foes to gain dox-worthy or general dirt on them and/or other users by playing extremely friendly for a period of time whereby afterwards this information is used by the user in an exploitative manner. The key aspect of this is that had the user maintained their former username throughout, the victim would never have trusted or disclosed the information as their guard would have been up. You can argue that this is not exploitative, since this is what goes along with a 'fresh start' without former rivalries but this is also why I said you had to be precise and exact on what 'exploitative' meant so that you can easier justify bans later based on it and even just reading this in the Code of Conduct would remind users to keep their guard up to this type of thing.

Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@RationalMadman
"exploitative intent" is meant to be open ended, to avoid needing future referendums to add to different exploits not specifically prohibited.

I believe you on how far people go, and consider it to be beyond lame. This being a small website, we've been spared the worst of it, but have still seen a bit of ugliness in this direction.
Christen
Debates: 5
Christen
I'm Christen, and my profile pic is me.