Do you like coffee/tea?

Author: Tejretics

Total: 35
Tejretics
Debates: 7
Tejretics
Anyone on here like coffee or tea or both? 

What are your coffee and tea preferences?

bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@Tejretics
Tea.

The smell of coffee is wonderful...sexy even...but the taste of coffee is foul.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@bsh1
I like the taste of coffee tbh. Even dark roast is somewhat enjoyable to me. I can do with mild cream and 1 sugar and I don't have a problem.

Tea just tastes weird for me. Like it taste like elegant and I don't like that.

I would prefer going to a good burger joint than a fancy yet affordable restaurant

I remember on a Road Trip to South Carolina, we stopped off at a BBQ place off the side street which cooked it homemade in a little shack. It was the best I ever had to this day. Even though I went to the fanciest restaurant in Tennessee and South Carolina, that was good food 

bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Vader
OMG. I hate BBQ...with a passion.

I'd prefer the fancy restaurant, generally. Though, sometimes it's nice to visit a good burger joint. But, I tend to be very picky with my food, and tend to have expensive tastes.
Vader
Vader
-->
@bsh1
It could be just a Greek quality fmpov. Most Europeans prefer fancy. From my visit in Sweeden for a day, things were way more elegant. In Greece, my best food was the souvlaki vendors in Chios, Tripoli, and Heraklion. People would just sit outside and eat gyros without a plate. Better than the sit down restaurants. Athens was the most elegant, but that is not me
Vader
Vader
-->
@bsh1
If you ever go to Greece, I would not stay in Athens too long. It is A LOT of graffiti and very polluted. Stay for 2 days at most. 1 for the Acropolis, 1 for just shopping and taking bus tours. The islands are the most beautiful. Mykonos and Santorini are elegant, while the places I went too have more good souvlaki vendors than sit down restaurants and just partied at the beach. But the sit down fancies are usually good
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Vader
I wouldn't say that Europeans prefer things which are fancy, they simply prefer things which are different. Europeans drink quite a lot of coffee, but in the form of espressos and cappuccinos. They also treat coffee as a social drink--you don't rush in to grab your Starbucks and then leave. You buy your coffee and you sit down and stay for half an hour or more. The whole "to-go" culture is much more de-emphasized in Europe.

Greece is high on my list of places to visit, but there are places I'd choose before it. That said, it makes the top 5. Your advice is consistent with other comments I've heard.
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
I like both. I like my coffee black. I like my tea mixed with lemonade or other juices.

The cold brew coffee fad has caught up to me as well, it is superior than the hot water method.

Don't get me wrong though, I like hot and cold coffee. Still black.
Tejretics
Tejretics
-->
@bsh1
I wouldn't say that Europeans prefer things which are fancy, they simply prefer things which are different. Europeans drink quite a lot of coffee, but in the form of espressos and cappuccinos. They also treat coffee as a social drink--you don't rush in to grab your Starbucks and then leave. You buy your coffee and you sit down and stay for half an hour or more. The whole "to-go" culture is much more de-emphasized in Europe.

I haven't been to the US in ages, maybe the "to-go" culture there is extreme, but I definitely encountered it in Europe, including with food/beverages.

Coffee isn't that popular in London, it's super-popular as a "to-go" drink in France though, based on personal experience. It's definitely something that's hastily grabbed from a coffee shop and taken to the train, at least in some times of the day in urban Paris. 
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@Tejretics
It is to do with where you are (not country, place in the country).

If you are in a city it's actually more ruthlessly to-go than the US because western European cultures in general (excluding the Spanish and Portuguese) are very much 'get it done with and cry from the pain later' type cultures. On the other hand, Americans are much more 'find a way to always be working somehow' and the Russians have a very similar culture work-ethic wise. When I say 'cry later' I mean rest, relaxation etc, it's not a joke there's very huge emphasis put on genuinely getting time to rest and chill out and emphasis put on working until you drop while you do the work. This is also an extremely African ethos and this is because Africa got its work ethic and industrial culture from the Europeans that invaded.

Thus, if you are in a city during the day, you will find a ruthless culture of rushing to get the coffee ASAP and misery all around as this is actually a cultural joy of Londoners (the misery is how they show how hard they are working, employers genuinely don't like staff who are too happy or friendly in very urbanised areas of the UK and western Europe in general excluding Spain and Portugal (they have a much more love-life culture).

In contrast, in towns and more village-type areas of the UK, sit-in for a coffee shop is mandatory to last in the area, people love that shit as such areas are often filled with the elderly and/or tourists if it's by the coast. The same rule applies to all of Western Europe excluding Spain and Portugal.

I think Bsh1 was in a town and quiet area of Europe.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Tejretics
I've never been to France and have only been to the UK briefly, so they may be exceptions to the rule. Most of my time in Europe has been spent in the Lowland Countries, Central Europe, and the Balkans.
Vader
Vader
-->
@bsh1
Yes I agree with that. In Greece we would sit in the coffee shops for 45min talking about life in general. I definitely saw that in Greece. No fast food places where you run n go. It's definitely more relaxed there. I am a fan of Espresso, not really Cappucinos. Frappe and Frappucinos are my favorite. Even Ice Coffee is good.

The advice is consistent when I heard it planning to go to Greece. It is very fun
secularmerlin
Debates: 0
secularmerlin
-->
@Tejretics
Is this a freewill question?
Tejretics
Tejretics
-->
@secularmerlin
Is this a freewill question?
Not sure what "freewill question" means.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Tejretics
I often use a preference for coffee or tea to illustrate my beliefs on the subject of freewill. Just wondering if that had anything to do with this.
Tejretics
Tejretics
-->
@secularmerlin
I often use a preference for coffee or tea to illustrate my beliefs on the subject of freewill. Just wondering if that had anything to do with this.
Nah.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Tejretics
Ok. Coffee btw, though if I'm drinking tea I rather enjoy lady gray.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Tejretics
Both for sure but if I had to live with only one it would be tea for the long run.

There's a brand of coffee that I drink now that is probably the best tasting I've had, it is a Seattle's Best Organic brand and it's outstanding. I like to use almond creamer instead of dairy.

For tea, even though I like so many brands and types, my favorite would be Jasmine Green Tea with a hint of Raspberry decaf tea for flavor mixed with honey. It is a dynamite combo. I just tried a Green Tea with "Asian Pear" and that was excellent. I guess I would favor green or white teas over black tea but I love Lady Grey Tea as well. 

Aporia
Debates: 2
Aporia
Black coffee with maybe a sugar packet is my preferred. Don't understand the fascination with creamer flavors and ice and all that.
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
Black tea with a dash of sugar or honey.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
Coffee for convenience mostly (some is actually good), tea for taste, there's too many to list, but currently twig tea is the newest one of tried, got some kind of red tea that's from Thailand, earl grey has always been one of my favs, there's an English breakfast tea, and one black tea that has Chinese letters over the black bag.

996 days later

Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Tejretics
@Colin

Not especially,
I've never tried coffee, tea's not bad,
I suppose I enjoy it in Chinese restaurants on occasion, or black tea at home, now and then.

@NoOneInParticular
Somehow Colin's post seems odd, to me.

Tejretics
Tejretics
-->
@Lemming
Somehow Colin's post seems odd, to me.
This thread is three years old, which makes it odder.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Water
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Intelligence_06
Water with a hint of something....Like tea or carbon-dioxide.....But not coffee.

Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@zedvictor4
Soda…tea? I wasn’t aware that that was a thing. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Intelligence_06
We tend to refer to water with added CO2, as sparkling water.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@zedvictor4
I can imagine sparkling tea being sold in stores, though I am not a fan of them.

I am a fan with tea without CO2.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
I was 36 years old the first time I had coffee now I have a cup most every morning. Prefer coffee to wake up, prefer tea to relax or when cold.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
Coffee is so much better for humans than sodas.

..."5. Coffee lowers risk of death.
Studies have shown that coffee drinker’s overall risk of premature death is 25% lower than of those who don’t drink coffee.
6. Coffee reduces risk of cancers.
One study has shown that coffee may decrease the risk of developing prostate cancer in men by 20 %, and endometrial cancer in women by 25 %. People in the test group drank four cups of coffee a day. Caffeine may also prevent developing of basal cell carcinoma, the most common type of skin cancer
7. Coffee reduces risk of stroke.
Reasonable consumption of coffee (2–4 cups a day) is associated with lower risk of stroke.
8. Coffee reduces risk of Parkinson’s disease.
Studies have shown that regular coffee drinking decreases risk of Parkinson’s disease by 25 %. There’s evidence that coffee causes activity in the part of the brain affected by Parkinson’s.
9. Coffee protects your body.
Coffee contains a lot of antioxidants, that work as little warriors fighting and protecting against free radicals within your body.
10. Coffee may lower risk of Type II diabetes.
Caffeine decreases your insulin sensitivity and impairs glucose tolerance, therefore reduces your risk of type 2 diabetes.'.....