Which infinity stone would you take and why

Author: Outplayz

Total: 89
Outplayz
Debates: 0
Outplayz
If you can only take one, which would you take and why: 

Soul Stone: Allows the user to steal, control, manipulate, and alter living and dead souls. The Soul Gem is also the gateway to an idyllic pocket universe. At full potential, the Soul Gem grants the user control over all life in the universe.

Time Stone: Allows the user to see into the past and the future; stop, slow down, speed up or reverse the flow of time; travel through time; change the past and the future; age and de-age beings, and trap people or entire universes in unending loops of time. At full potential, the Time Gem grants the user omniscience and total control over the past, present, and future.

Space Stone: Allows the user to exist in any location; move any object anywhere throughout reality; warp or rearrange space; teleport themselves and others; increase their speed, and alter the distance between objects contrary to the laws of physics. At full potential, the Space Gem grants the user omnipresence. 

Mind Stone: Allows the user to enhance their mental and psionic abilities and access the thoughts and dreams of other beings. At full potential, when backed by the Power Gem, the Mind Gem can access all minds in existence simultaneously. The Mind Gem is also the manifestation of the universal subconscious.

Reality Stone: Allows the user to fulfill their wishes, even if the wish is in direct contradiction with scientific laws, and do things that would normally be impossible; and create any type of an alternate reality the user wishes. At full potential, when backed by the other Gems, the Reality Gem allows the user to alter reality on a universal scale.

Power Stone: Allows the user to access and manipulate all forms of energy; enhance their physical strength and durability; enhance any superhuman ability; and boost the effects of the other five Gems. At full potential, the Power Gem grants the user omnipotence. 

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Outplayz
If you can only take one, which would you take and why: 

Time Stone: Allows the user to see into the past and the future; stop, slow down, speed up or reverse the flow of time; travel through time; change the past and the future; age and de-age beings, and trap people or entire universes in unending loops of time. At full potential, the Time Gem grants the user omniscience and total control over the past, present, and future.

This one..... I don't know why, this one resonated with me the most even though the others sounded good too. From the description alone I could write a book about why lol, but travel through time seems like the single most fun option plus I would love to go back in time I daydream about it. The cool thing is, something like this exists already within the Akashic records which exists on the etheric plane. Not only can you view past records and events you can re-enter that energy field and it would be like you were there.

Goldtop
Goldtop
Time Stone... for theists.... so they can look back in time to see how their religious beliefs originated and evolved, and hopefully understand how ridiculous those beliefs.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
Several of them seem contradictory to me. As in, both could not exist at the same time. I would need all of them to feel comfortable.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Goldtop
Nice. It sounds a little to me you're a bit curious yourself. In any case, i thought the time stone would be a popular one. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@ethang5
Lol... i didn't know you also have a god complex ;p 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@EtrnlVw
The time stone is awesome bc you can do that. It's really hard to turn it down, but i would also like really like the space stone. That would be awesome. No one would be able to touch me and i can break into any bank i want... plus i could probably only fly with this one since i can transport myself anywhere in the sky. Flying would be awesome so i think i would go with the space stone myself. The power stone is cool too since no one would be able to touch me. You could rule the world with that one... well, you could rule this world with any of those lol but the power stone would make you invisible so no one could kill you... which would make taking over the world easier.   
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Outplayz
Lol... i didn't know you also have a god complex ;p 
Good one. You got me. Man, you held on to that one all this time so you could spring it on me?

But true. If I got one stone, I would immediately use its power to get the others.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Outplayz
 No one would be able to touch me and i can break into any bank i want... plus i could probably only fly with this one since i can transport myself anywhere in the sky. Flying would be awesome so i think i would go with the space stone myself. The power stone is cool too since no one would be able to touch me. You could rule the world with that one... well, you could rule this world with any of those lol but the power stone would make you invisible so no one could kill you... which would make taking over the world easier.   

Yeah I might have thought that earlier in my life, I wasn't thinking which one could benefit me the most. My personality is so passive now even if I was robbing a bank I would probably cry because I scared an old lady, I'd be like one of those burnt out loser heroes lol. The time stone I could go back and make certain wrongs right, I could speed up or slow time for some disadvantaged person, I could trap negative souls and try to help all the people that get trampled on in life....basically I would be caught up and involved in a never-ending loop of helping people, and I would love every minute of it lol. On my spare time I would revisit memories I love and certain time eras that fascinate me. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@ethang5
If that was the case... so would i, but that was probably already obvious with me given i have a proud god complex lol. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@EtrnlVw
Yeah... maybe helping others could come last. I'd def. start off running bringing chaos first. I'd start out with banks and end in transporting one of every car i like. I'll make it rain rats just so i can sit back and laugh at everyone screaming. I have a dark sense of humor so ... me with powers would piss a lot of people off lol.  
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Outplayz

Reality Stone: Allows the user to fulfill their wishes, even if the wish is in direct contradiction with scientific laws, and do things that would normally be impossible; and create any type of an alternate reality the user wishes. At full potential, when backed by the other Gems, the Reality Gem allows the user to alter reality on a universal scale.
how could anyone want any other one?
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
My spiritual belief is consistent with what the reality stone does... that's why i wouldn't want it. I believe when you die you can reincarnate into whatever reality you want. So... while i'm here, i would rather have fun with the space stone. Plus, it's more of an experience bc the reality stone is just a snap of the finger without having to really try for anything.  
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@Outplayz
Mind Stone counters Soul Stone.

I want Mind Stone, I will make you all my puppets.
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
-->
@RationalMadman
How would you do that? 
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
Probs the Time Stone
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Space stone
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@RationalMadman
If you want to make everyone puppets that would be the soul stone. The mind stone just allows you to enter thoughts... i'm pretty sure. The original cannon could be different as to its power, i just don't remember, but from the definitions alone the mind stone is just for readying thoughts it seems. Soul stone would allow you to control people. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Earth
You will find out.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Outplayz
I want to know of thoughts and pick and choose who I control. There's no fun in having sex with or being friends with someone I control entirely.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Outplayz
Also the dead are sacred to me, if you die and surrender to me via suicide I will not tyrannise you.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I definitely would be a mind stone user.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@RationalMadman
I want to know of thoughts and pick and choose who I control. There's no fun in having sex with or being friends with someone I control entirely.
That's exactly what turns me off (pun intended) of the soul stone. I wouldn't want to take away free will... life would be boring if i controlled everything. 

It's cool you pick the mind stone. I usually don't think about that kind of power. Show's how diverse people are. 
Earth
Earth
-->
@RationalMadman
Thats not how mind reading works 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Earth
Enjoy being blocked. You can fuck off with your snide remarks that take zero thought to reply to or consider.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Outplayz
None of these would necessarily grant happiness to the user.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@secularmerlin
Normally i would say true... happiness is a state of mind.

But with that said, i'm going to play devils advocate. Let's say i get the reality stone. I can easily make a reality in which i have no mental illness and add in extra feel good chemicals, have everything else i need, and powers to top it off. So... i don't know. These would be pretty insane powers to have. 
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Outplayz
But you would know the feelings were artificial. Is that real happiness? I feel like that would drive me mad even if the power of the stone itself didn't.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@secularmerlin
I don't know. When i use to do drugs i felt pretty darn good. And if they could last without detriment... i'd probably take them all the time even though i knew it is just a pill. Same could be said for anti-depressants and the like if they are working. It's artificial, but if it works... you wouldn't likely care and just enjoy what you have. But we will never really know since this is a hypothetical. How it would play out in the long term is beyond me since we don't have anything that is capable of giving us this kind of long term happiness. These powers are far beyond anything we could experience, for now.  
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Outplayz
So we don't really know and toying with such power is tantamount to risking insanity. I am going with none of the stones on this one. I would not like to wield any of the infinity stones.