Mario Kart should ditch its stat system

Author: User_2006

Total: 7
User_2006
Debates: 50
User_2006
1. Mario Kart is meant to be a party racing game that is fun. It should not be of the same sorts as Forza or GT5, etc... It is more about the skill and less about the karts regardless. 
2. No karts(Or bikes or ATV) are meant to be reliably true to real life. There is no point of having stats.
3. In Mario Kart 8 Dx, the best looking karts and wheels are often avoided by Pro gamers and competition usuals. Instead, the best wheels are rollers which look f***ing ridiculous and the best karts/bikes are the biddy buggy, day tripper, Mr.scooty, etc, all of them don't look fast yet they function better than the Circuit Special and the Mercedes GLA. If you gotta make the stats, at least make it make sense. Again, since it is not meant to be a serious racing game whatsoever, people should choose whatever vehicle they like without analyzing its effects.
4. In Mario Kart Wii, you won't see dry bones without a Bullet Bike, and that is rare compared to Funky Kong with the Flame Runner. About 90% of all uses this combo. You literally don't see Mario with the Day Tripper, nor a Dry Bowser with the Jet setter(Well unless the user is trying to challenge himself, and that is extremely rare). Having stats means people are prioritizing some stats over others, and this will make the rooms monotonous consider there will be vehicles better than others. Then more than 50% of the choices will go to waste consider they don't spike at the most desirable stats. 
User_2006
User_2006
-->
@Mharman
Bump
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
makes sense
User_2006
User_2006
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Imagine playing Just Dance, and then the boy dances more efficiently than the girl. That is what this system is.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@User_2006
?Boys dance
skittlez09
Debates: 1
skittlez09
-->
@User_2006
i like simpler Mario kart like 64 and gamecube 

Mharman
Debates: 18
Mharman
Not sure why I am tagged, but I do like Mario Kart, so I'll give my opinion.

Mario Kart should start with the stats and then design the Kart around those stats. Want a fast Kart with poor handling? Make a bullet bill shaped kart. The reason why each stat set needs a new kart is so that people can tell what their opponents' game plan is and vice versa. It removes the guesswork so that players can better formulate a plan to deal with their opponents. I do think different skins for different karts would be cool though. Imagine the bullet bill kart from earlier. You could have the default bullet bill skin, you could have a homing bullet bill skin, a cat bullet bill skin, a banzai bullet bill skin, or a golden bullet bill skin. They'd all be bullet bills, so you could tell if an opponent wants to go fast but has poor handling you can take advantage of, but people can still make their karts look cool.