Warren42 AMA

Author: warren42

Total: 12
warren42
Debates: 2
warren42
Hey guys. I barely use this site anymore but I'm currently quite bored and maybe we can learn some more about one another. Ask me anything.

(This will probably flop but that's alright)
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@warren42
identify one favorite song

state your most prominent memory associated with that song

offer a short critical analysis of why that song great
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
-->
@warren42
Are you active on the main DDO Discord? If so, where can I find it?
PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
-->
@warren42
Who's that in your profile pic?
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@warren42
Why've you got an issue with me?
warren42
warren42
-->
@oromagi
Favorite song: Wagon Wheel (Old Crow Medicine Show version)

Memory: Seeing it live at a small bar last year. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to make it so instead of the $30 ticket I had to pay $80 on a re-selling site. My roommate went to the library to print it for me and met me in line. The guy in front of me had an extra ticket so my roommate got in for free (then bought the guy a drink as a thank you, so what, like $7?)

At the time I first fell in love with the song I had a strong desire to move to North Carolina, and the song is centered around the narrator hitchhiking down the east coast to Raleigh, which really struck a chord with me. I also love that the original version by OCMS is very raw and unpolished; they're very talented but some people hate the singer's voice. I personally love its raw authenticity.

An extra little bit is that the refrain was written by Bob Dylan. Two of the band members found a vinyl of unfinished Dylan songs in a record shop, wrote the lyrics, and spent ten years playing it on street corners before recording it. When they contacted Dylan for permission he said he'd adapted it from Arthur Crudup, who had adapted it from "Rock Me Baby" by Big Bill.

About 100 years from the original bits from Big Bill (and with some significant changes made along the way) it became a #1 country song when Darius Rucker covered it (though I hate that version)
warren42
warren42
-->
@Swagnarok
No, I left the Discord
warren42
warren42
-->
@RationalMadman
I don't have an issue with you, I don't know you well enough for that.

I had an issue with what you'd said last year regarding keto diets as it was misinformation, though I don't wish to rehash that here and now.

If you are at all referring to the survivor games I never intended to work with you in those because I believed you to be unpredictable, which is something I want to avoid in alliances. That was purely for the sake of that game and my odds to win though.
warren42
warren42
-->
@PressF4Respect
Chris McCandless (aka Alexander Supertramp) whose life was detailed in the book/movie Into the Wild. Great book, even better movie in my opinion.

The general premise is a recent college graduate who grew up in a wealthy family rejects materialism and hitchhikes his way to Alaska.
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
-->
@warren42
But how do I join?
warren42
warren42
-->
@Swagnarok
I'd ask Supa, I believe he pretty much runs it