Why saying "God doesn't exist" is indefensible

Author: Mopac

Total: 220
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
According to Merriam-webster...

"1 capitalized : the supreme or ultimate reality"

To say that God doesn't exist is like saying, "It is true that there is no truth". Clearly self defeating.

To demand proof for God is like saying, "Prove to me that it is true that there is truth.". Clearly an unreasonable request.

In fact, if you say there is no God, you are denying all truths, because if there is no ultimate reality, there is nothing that makes anything real. 

So since there is reality, there must be reality as it truly and ultimately is. This is what God means.

So let it be known that atheism at its core is a denial of reality, and for that reason no argument with the premise "God doesn't exist" can be accepted as even possibly being valid. You can't make claims about reality while simultaneously denying that there is reality.

There is no argument against the ultimate reality.

And this is why it is not written in vain,

"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.
God looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, that did seek God.
Every one of them is gone back: they are altogether become filthy; there is none that doeth good, no, not one."

Deb-8-a-bull
Debates: 0
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@Mopac
And this is all because you the theists has unlimited time to prove God exists. 

On that note,  We here at the Atheist headquarters would like to give you,  all and every believer a TIME EXTENTION.
Take ummmmm,  lets say 5000* years from today. 

No take  10,000* more years to prove God exists, the last thing we atheists want is for you guys to miss something,  
Hang on.
Whats this,
Ok, wow.
The Atheists said. TAKE 100,000* MORE YEARS.
Yes you heard correctly ( one hundred thousand years* )  From today. 
And your time startsssssssssss now.

Good game.
Good game.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
According to Merriam-webster...

"1 capitalized : the supreme or ultimate reality"

Don't you have anything else to say? You've repeated that over and over and it still means nothing. It's getting really boring.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Goldtop
@Deb-8-a-bull

As I said.

No argument whatsoever that can stand.

All we got are the fumblings of madmen.

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@Mopac
If you signed a 100,000 years to find god contract.  I can be a Atheist. Legitimately. 
That's all. 

Oh And i just made up a god 5 mins ago.

Beliving in a God thing is one thing but you are also beliving in a religious group.
Sooooooooo if asking for proof of God is to difficult and a little , you know silly.

Prove the religious group you are in and all the claims made from this group you're in  is ummmmmm well true. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
A religious group is a created thing. The Ultimate Reality is not a created thing.

My faith is in that Uncreated One.

You can't tell the difference, which is why you are confused. That doesn't mean you aren't capable of telling the difference. 

The Ultimate Reality. Accept it.

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@Mopac
No mopec. Its not about " reality "  or ultimate reality. 
Reality fatality shmality.
Back on topic. It's allllllllll about  God. 
Me not believing and you believing. Thats all mate. 
It looks bloody painful you having to use this ultimate reality clause thingy which ive not a clue about nor would I argue my stance. 
 Its ALL about God. 

( ill talk you through this post of yours ) 
Your post  stood out to me  the title nice.
Then ya click on it , and jt goes.
the supreme and ultimate reality.and the meaning of it.  Which to ME ummmmmmm i dont know , whatever.
Then i realize this  "ultimate super supreme half meat-lover with olives and extra cheese thing you are going on about is like , well bringing up evolution orrrrrrr i don't know.
Its a little dishonest of you. 
 Arrrrrrr I haven't the words to say what im wanting to. 

oh and Pack a mo. Ive been on this site for a month, your early posts i seen were kind of beautiful and i was flat out finding a line to question them. 
And now this.  

Gods real ultimate reality atheists believe in evolution purple sneakers.  ALL IN ONE STATEMENT.

I call this the thing " Gods real because you can't make a pattern line of attack."

So Let's get back to God hey.
Me Atheist, me not believe in God. 
You theist you believe in god. 
Let's sort this out, thennnnn we talk about this ultimate supreme reality thing you are going on about. 

It appears to me that. Goldie, skept and sec mer done broken you in one month. 
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Mopac
They are aware they have nothing Mopac. So if they do engage you, it will be on some tangential issue. As for Deb, he rides on the special bus. You have to just let him babble.

I used to think that people who had said in their hearts, "There is no God", the bible called " fools" because of what they said in their hearts. No. It isn't what they said that made them fools. It was being fools that made them say it.

In their vain imaginations, they became fools. Imaginations are the opposite of reality. You leave reality, you become a fool. And the end of foolishness is the idiocy that there is no God.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@ethang5
Very funny, you should take that on stage, it would be a hoot in the real world.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Mopac
No argument whatsoever that can stand.
You say it. They prove you right. Sometimes its too easy.
disgusted
disgusted
Has anybody come up with proof that any of your gods exist yet?
Stronn
Stronn
-->
@Mopac
Even if one accepts that God means Ultimate Truth, where does that get you? It tells you nothing about the nature of this Ultimate Truth. It doesn't get you to deism, much less theism.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mopac
Talking of which, didn't Jesus`, mother and brothers believe he was insane?

ah Yes , he we are:
Mark 3:21 And when his family heard it, they went out to seize him, for they were saying, “He is out of his mind.”

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stronn
@Stephen
@Deb-8-a-bull
@disgusted
More fumblings of madmen, unwilling to accept the most simple and obvious thing... that God at the very least EXISTS..
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@ethang5
They aren't arguing with me at this point, they are arguing with God. That makes them extra foolish.
Stronn
Stronn
-->
@Mopac
Ok, for the purpose of argument, say I accept that God (defined as Ultimate Truth) exists. How does that tell us anything about the nature of this Ultimate Truth? I don't see that it gets us to deism, much less theism.
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@Mopac
how is God obvious?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stronn
It most certainly gets you to monotheism.

The Ultimate Reality.

By definition, 1.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@janesix
If you can't accept that there is reality as it truly is, there is something wrong with you I can't fix.
janesix
janesix
-->
@Mopac
So you are not going to answer the question? How is God obvious?

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@janesix
See OP, and if you can't figure it out, feel free to join the rest of the mad fumblers.

janesix
janesix
-->
@Mopac
God is not "obvious". Otherwise there would be no atheists. And there would probably only be one religion. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@janesix
Atheism towards God. is a position of ignorance.

You deny gods, not God. If you deny God you are a fool.

janesix
janesix
-->
@Mopac
I don't deny God. I am not an atheist. 

However, God is still not obvious, something you have yet to even address. Give us specifics. 
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
I'm not denying "that God" nor the other one , i am simply denying that one and them other ones , I'm not sure about that one , and them gods I'm not denying. 
Got that ?
Anddddddddd

what makes you a great religious group picker? 

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
If you deny God you are a fool. Says you

I can belive in God if you want. 
But what religious group do i join for beliving in a God thingy ? 
Thats all it is. 
I mean you theists make it seem like common sense, if you believe in God , join a group. 
Joining a religious group is like saying, you know God wrote / inspired this holy book.

I ask How can you know this ?
ethang5
ethang5
Is it obvious that suicide is wrong? Is it obvious that murder is wrong? Yet people murder everyday. Is peace obvious? But we meet and convene, have summits and conferences, and can't find peace.

God being obvious would not result in us all finding Him, or having one religion. It would just make the deniers more irrational in their denials.

God being the ultimate reality is not a journey to get us somewhere, but a standard we use to measure all else. It is our axiom, our foundation. Our ultimate truth.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
Now that is hilarious. You've got god typing your posts, are you serious? You consider yourself god? WOW, the hubris is outstanding.
janesix
janesix
-->
@ethang5
I am unsure what you are trying to get at. It seems like you are sort of agreeing with me that God is not obvious. 

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@ethang5

God being obvious would not result in us all finding Him, or having one religion. It would just make the deniers more irrational in their denials
God being obvious would necessitate everybody on the planet knowing it, that claim is just so absolutely foolish.At least 90% of people are deniers of your god and you claim that your god is obvious it proves that your claim is without any doubt false. But keep digging your hole, it's fun.