George Floyd. Thoughts?

Author: Vader

Total: 128
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
I am someone who is supportive of cops and have people close to me who are cops. They agree that this was police brutality and abuse. I think this is one of the worst cases I have ever seen and I believe the cop should be charged, but what are your opinions?
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@Vader
I think rioting (vandalizing, looting, etc.) is a very illogical response. As for that, my thoughts are that we need to begin brutalizing rioters via water cannons.

As for the cop, he was in the wrong for kneeling on that guy's neck for so long. He said in the video that they tried to get them in the car for ten minutes prior. While that would make the actions more understandable, he was still in the wrong regardless. 
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
It was obvious he was wrong. Proper procedure is to handcuff and get him up, not sit on him for like 5 minutes. As a watcher of Cops, the TV show, it’s fairly common for police officers to put their knee where they did if the person is resisting arrest and is brought to the ground. However, it shouldn’t have lasted long especially with backup present.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
it was wrong
TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Vader
at first I thought the cop murdered him, however the guy actually died at the hospital but they haven't said from what.  the report was he drunk or high.  I haven't seen what lead them to put their hands on him, not sure if that video even exists.  If he was on something like pcp then maybe that was appropriate I don't know.  Did they think he might bang his head/face on the ground?  I dunno.  If you can say "I can't breathe" that means you actually can.  There's a lot of information and context missing but I see they are already guilty until they are proven innocent.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Generally you have to wait about 2-3 weeks before most of the truth comes out. Just like Ahmaud, they ignore his trespassing and previous criminal record, jogging a 12 mile trip in high tops and cargo shorts. They even cut a previous clip of him on police body cam to make him look innocent. 

Clear bias. They don’t care about the truth. They want to raise racial tensions in an election year to make sure they stay on the plantation.
ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
This one seems pretty indefensible.
Vader
Vader
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
I don't really see a defense for this case. He wasn't armed and did no haneous crime to deserve being murdered. The CoD was at the hands of the police

LaQuan McDonald was different. LaQuan was high off PCP Pipe and waved around a knife in front of a cop. That's threatening a cop and the cop was defending himself. This isn't a cop defending himself, but senseless violence

Also there is a photo of someone with a cap saying "Make Whites Great Again." To clarify that is not the cop involved
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Vader
the more I see,  I can not see a defense for their actions/inaction , absolutely horrifying and yet these citizens will continue to vote for people who will expand every level of government and increase their authority/power. 
Vader
Vader
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Ironic how they think Trump's policy is the reason this is happening when more cases of police brutality were in the Obama Administration. Rahm Emanuel hid LaQuan McDonald for 4 years. The Dems hide this stuff
Vader
Vader
Democrats justify protesting by letting protesters loot the local Target. LMAO

Vader
Vader
To be fair with that though, there police department is an utter nightmare. They went at mildly peaceful protesters heavily, yet left the target defenseless, causing riots and looting

MNPD is atrocious in it's management
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Vader
police should be there to keep the peace and enforce our constitutional rights, what that job was meant to do has been lost for a very long time, peace officers kept the peace, now they enforce laws of which are so many you can be charged at their whim.  we do not have ignorance of the law defense, but they have mistake of law defense, meaning if they got the law wrong that's ok, it was a mistake, sorry you have to spend days/weeks in jail, pay a bunch of money for bail/lawyer,  our bad.
Vader
Vader
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
The police system is utterly corrupt. I respect cops but the system needs to be fixed. I was riding around on an Razor Dirtbike and a cop gave me a $150 dollar ticket when I was only 13. Seriously mate. A kid riding a dirtbike doing no harm and your charging him with a ticket? The term "cop" has changed, and needs to be redefined. Cops need to also go through more training than what they have with proper responding, and proper conduct. They also need to do proper checks and make sure no mental illness is there. Stuff needs to change within the system and in a big city that doesn't get much National Attention (eg: Minneapolis), corruption runs wild. CPD is not as corrupt just due to the public eye.

I respect cops 100% and mourn the losses they have taken on gang related violence, but things need to change for the better of our society

Imabench
Imabench
Isnt this the same branch of the Minnesota Police department that shit the bed with the Philando Castile incident? 
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Imabench
yes but that cop wasn't white,  I would NEVER reach for something out of sight of the cop, they are well protected from wrong doings by their union and the government.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Vader
I no longer have respect or trust, because you can't.  Their jobs is to make an arrest period.  The Supreme Court ruled long ago they can lie or pretty much do whatever it takes to make that happen.  This should be obvious with the numerous videos of police encounters.  They threaten, lie, intimidate and use "mistake of law" as a sword not a shield.
Vader
Vader
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
I don't trust cops. Especially in Chicago. It's hard not to respect them when some of them have lost their lives trying to protect the city. In one part of Chicago though, you can't trust or respect cops because they do nothing besides eat donuts and sit on their fat ass because of the fact no crimes happens. So they give stupid tickets and go out of their way to target teenagers. Nothing but harassment
Vader
Vader
People who ransacked the Target and did irreversible damage are not helping their case at all. The city is on fire
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Vader
there's a video of them attacking a white old lady in an electric wheelchair, haven't verified it was from that riot or not, but the video seems to speak for itself.
Vader
Vader
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Yea but appearently that women was 30, didn't need a wheelchair, and stabbed another person, and there's evidence she did it. Regardless, you are right
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Vader
30?  was it the one where they sprayed her with a fire extinguisher?  she did not look 30 at all.

anyway, imagine if someone tried to intervene and save that guy, by pulling to cop off or something, they would probably have been shot or at the very least arrested.
Danielle
Debates: 3
Danielle
Disgusting, and even more disgusting was the horrifying display of the cops standing around doing nothing because they're too cowardly and brainwashed to do the right and lawful thing.  They would rather watch someone get murdered then dare say anything against a fellow boy in blue. Pussy ass bitches. I hope they are all charged and convicted. If they do this on camera, imagine what they do off?! 

Anyone saying there are two sides to this grotesque injustice is a trash human being.

It doesn't matter what Floyd did beforehand. Unless he raped a child right before this video then there is no crime that warrants this action at all, period.

I repeat: anyone saying there are two sides to this grotesque injustice is a trash human being. I don't care if he pulled a gun on these cops beforehand (which he didn't). I don't care if he was on PCP. Whatever excuses ya'll make are pathetic. Drink bleach. 
Danielle
Debates: 3
Danielle
A ton of black people with guns should take to the streets to protest like people did when they couldn't get haircuts.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Danielle
sure
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Danielle
and create another charlotte, where black businesses were looted, oh sure what a positive thing
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Dr.Franklin
L.A. riots ftw
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
atleast we got roof koreans
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Dr.Franklin
who needs a gun?  who needs more than 10 rounds....um....well......
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
the cops will surely protect you, right,right?