Romans 10:13-14

Author: RoderickSpode

Total: 7
RoderickSpode
Debates: 0
RoderickSpode
Romans 10:14-15 New International Version (NIV)
14 How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? 15 And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!”[
a]

Sometimes these verses are used to suggest that there are and have been remote peoples who never heard of Jesus and the Bible, and thus  had no chance of being saved. This idea would definitely be contrary to this verse:

For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

And doesn't sit well with this verse

After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.

For one, the original verses do not directly ask how will they be saved, but even if it did, as the implication may be there, I don't see a problem.

If I ask you how will your uncle get to the hospital to get his meds if you don't drive him, I'm not suggesting your uncle will never get to the hospital. I'm probably suggesting that if you don't drive him, no one will. So, he may have to take a bus, hitch hike, or spend money on a cab or personal vehicle service. In other words, the comfort and
convenience of getting a ride from an acquaintance would be denied him.

In the Bible, messages are given by man, and also angels (both being messengers). Some missionaries have found that in some parts of the world removed from modern society, or far removed from western influence, a number of historical references to divine messages that are remarkably similar to the Gospel message have been identified. Ironically, many, most, or all may date well before the Bible was written, but there's no way to accuse the writers of the bible to have stolen from these historic accounts. So if no preacher reaches a remote corner of the world where there's no knowledge of the bible whatsoever, then they would need to from another source other than a preacher of the Gospel message (an angel, messenger of an angel, personal conviction of a righteous creator, etc.).

Here's a link.

Sorry for the mistake in the thread title.

BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@RoderickSpode

RoderickSpode (3 RUNAWAYS TO MY POSTS THUS FAR),

YOUR WISHFUL THINKING QUOTE: "Sometimes these verses are used to suggest that there are and have been remote peoples who never heard of Jesus and the Bible, and thus  had no chance of being saved. This idea would definitely be contrary to this verse:"

Our serial killer Jesus saving His JEWISH people only is not that popular where only a very few will pass the Pearly Gates to begin with. This stands to reason since our glorious heaven in only 1400 square miles with its 60 foot walls, which should be about full in our year of 2020.  Since there is very few that will go to heaven, then it was really no loss for any remote people that never heard of our serial killer Jesus, accept our loving and forgiving Jesus has allowed these people that didn't hear of Him to burn in the sulfur lakes for Hell for eternity. You win some, and you lose some. 

“For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.” (Matthew 7:14)

“For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.” (Matthew 7:14)

"And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.” (Revelation 20:15)

"Someone asked him, “Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?” He said to them. Strive to enter through the narrow door. For many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able.” (Luke 13:23-25) 

RoderickSpode, don't stress out because I don't expect you to even get close to addressing this particular post of mine, because you simply can't, and to prove this fact, you will be silent to its content just like the other 3 posts of mine, 2 of which were in your thread, that you have runaway from to date.  Just watch.

What is so sad is the fact that you are so close to becoming a TRUE Christian like myself, especially when you accepted that our Jesus was in fact a serial killer, which was a milestone for you as a starting point, praise!

NEXT?

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@RoderickSpode
Romans 10:14-15 New International Version (NIV)
14 How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?

who are the "they"?

15 And how can anyone preach unless they are sent?
That makes absolutely no sense on its own. Anyone can and does preach about anything.  Why do you believe one has to be sent, and sent by whom? 

Sometimes these verses are used to suggest that there are and have been remote peoples who never heard of Jesus and the Bible, and thus  had no chance of being saved.

And are you suggesting that too?  If so - saved from what? Why do they need saving. Who is going to save them?  How do you know they need saving.  What do you believe will happen to these people if they are not "saved"? 

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

As is shown ad infinitum, RoderickSpode does not address our outright godly knowledge that continues to put him on the “hot seat.”  Therefore, to save RS from further embarrassment, and if you don’t mind, I will play RoderickSpode and give you the answers that you truly seek. Okay?

YOUR QUOTE THAT RODERICKSPODE WILL PROBABLY NOT ADDRESS: "And are you suggesting that too?  If so - saved from what? Why do they need saving. Who is going to save them?  How do you know they need saving.  What do you believe will happen to these people if they are not "saved"? "

Unfortunately, the remote people that have never heard of Jesus cannot believe in Him as required for salvation, therefore, lovingly they are headed for  the sulfur lakes of Hell upon their ungodly demise!   “Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.” (Mark 16:16) 

Furthermore, you can not be saved by Jesus raising you up on the last day if you never knew He existed as well, because only Jesus can give you salvation: “And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” (1 Acts 4:12). “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.” (John 6:44)

In prayer with Jesus nightly, I have asked Him to use His spirit and please answer me in why such a brutal outcome of the sulfur lakes of Hell are awaiting remote people, through no fault of their own, do not know Him to begin with!  Unfortunately to date, Jesus has not answered. :(

As usual, our continued biblical knowledge, logic and reason, has poor ol' RoderickSpode on the continuous run, which seemingly is his new modus operandi within this forum. The comical outcome of which, he still wants to be called a Christian, but he doesn't even "try" to defend the faith as Jesus' inspired word wants him to do:  "He must hold firm to the trustworthy word as taught, so that he may be able to give instruction in sound doctrine and also to rebuke those who contradict it." (Titus 1:9)

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@RoderickSpode
Why have you abandoned your thread?
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

Like I alluded too, poor RoderickSpode cannot stand logic, reason, science, and the actual biblical axioms that we bring forth in the name of Jesus the Christ, praise!  We've seen it before many times, where the pseudo-christian like RS has been spoon-fed their doctrine of Christianity only on Sunday mornings where the preacher only gives them what he wants them to learn.   Yahweh/Jesus forbid if RS opened the Bible himself to learn the many passages and narratives that we bring forth with ease, and as shown, that he has never seen before, nor being able to answer them as well. So what does the pseudo-christian do in this case when they can't answer our posts? They leave the thread and start another one! lol

Pseudo-christians are so predictable.

fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@RoderickSpode
To proclaim that only by hearing the Gospel of JesusChrist will anyone have the opportunity to embrace it fully, is, on the surface, exclusionary to far more than half of all people who have ever, or will ever live on earth, and have or will have never heard the name, Jesus Christ, let alone anything about his Gospel. Who, indeed, will teach these people, ignorant through no fault of the their own. The answer is sublime and simple. Those who have lived a full life on earth and died without knowledge of Christ and his Gospel will hear it and have opportunity to accept or reject it when they are dead in body, but their spirit maintains life in another realm, just as the living have that opportunity. However, even some now living will die in that condition of ignorance. They, too, will have the opportunity as spirits of the dead. And even those living now, and in the past and future who do hear of Christ and his Gospel, and reject it now, in mortal life, will hear it again as sprits of the dead, and will either accept or reject it then. This is so that every child of God having lived on earth, regardless of when or under what conditions shall hear and accept or reject with full accounting of the knowledge of it. It is the ultimate plan of free agency that one have the opportunity to be an agent to decide for themselves. This will take a monumental effort. Those who die in Christ will be teachers of these ignorant or delaying spirits. The effort was initiated by Christ, himself, when his spirit was among the dead while his physical body was in the tomb.

Where is all this documented? Read the entirety of Romans, stem to stern, with the idea in mind that those brought to the truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ may be living, or dead. There is no distinction. And how are these then baptized, since that is a requirement to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Read I Corinthians 15 - the whole chapter. You will notice I do not challenge much with single verses. I prefer context. How else is there full understanding?