Apply to be interviewed on your philosophical and/or religious outlook.

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 26
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
This is not just because Jeff made his interviews, this is actually something I have always wanted to do.

In fact, one of my dream careers in a utopia would be a world renowned interview-focused journalist. I want to genuinely ask you about your outlook.

Apply with the following:

Name you want to be addressed with (including Mr/Mrs/Ms etc): (it can be your username)
Religious label I affiliate with: (if you don't, state such)
Motive to engage in the interview: (being understood, showing off, entertaining the audience, learning as you're asked to explain etc)
In your opinion, if God/s is/are real, is/are he/she/it/they good, evil, neutral or a complex combination?

The rest will be explored in the interviews and they'll begin based on your answers to this. I will evolve with your answers.

Applying does not guarantee acceptance, I am free to decline applications.
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas

RationalMadman,

What a great concept!  Are you sure that you are ready for this kind of stage? Are you serious?

My over qualified information are the following:

Name:   Mr. Brother D. Thomas
Religious label I affiliate with:  I am a TRUE Christian, the only one within this forum.
Motive to engage in the interview:  being understood while delivering Jesus' TRUE inspired words on various topics within the scriptures.
Yahweh/Jesus/Ghost God:  My God of choice is as real as the sun coming up tomorrow morning, praise!

YOUR QUOTE: "I will evolve with your answers."
My answer:  you most certainly will, that will be a given for sure!

YOUR QUOTE: "Applying does not guarantee acceptance, I am free to decline applications."
My answer:  Your only need to decline me would be if you knew beforehand that you cannot keep up with my rapid 105mph fast balls, instead of the many "soft balls" you are served up ad infinitum on this forum, that at least give you a couple more posts before you have to quit the discussion.

Deb-8-a-bull
Debates: 0
Deb-8-a-bull
Hey did I ever mention that I once beat a cat with a stick?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Your logic is that because a cat is cruel to a rat that therefore the rat will root for the human in that situation.

The cruelest animal species to rats are humans, who have made some of the most sadistic traps imaginable and no I don't mean the instant knockout metal lever even though that hurts them too. The most humane way to deal with wild rats is certain poison types (very important which) or to simply block all their entrance points to your home and let them get on with life.

I do not support animal cruelty to cats or any creature at all. Our species has the most capacity to be kind to others let's not waste it and instead be the cruelest.
Barney
Debates: 49
Barney
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Don't even joke about that!
Stephen
Stephen
@ RationalMadman

A genuinely interesting theme for a thread. Well done .

Is this a new & original idea or where you "inspired" to start this particular type of thread?

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Stephen
If you read the first words of what I wrote, you'd have the answer.
Stephen
Stephen
@ RationalMadman

A genuinely interesting theme for a thread. Well done .

Is this a new & original idea or where you "inspired" to start this particular type of thread?

If you read the first words of what I wrote, you'd have the answer.

So its not an  original idea and  was inspired by someone else >>   Open Invitation: Street Epistemology
Author:Jeff_Goldblum,1 day ago here>>>>   #1

That is a shame.  And I thought that it was such a novel idea for a out of the ordinary topic , too.

This is not just because Jeff made his interviews,this is actually something I have always wanted to do.

Looks like you were just piped at the post .   Maybe you can take some comfort  from the point that you may have thought about it first before someone else acted on your original thought.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Stephen
I literally don't know why you're being this way towards me, however I think it is satisfying to know that you're the angry one and I'm smirking at my screen thinking WTF. I never said Jeff stole my idea lol.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@RationalMadman
Name you want to be addressed with (including Mr/Mrs/Ms etc): (it can be your username)

Mr. Eternal lol

Religious label I affiliate with: (if you don't, state such)

Spiritism/Spiritualism/Spiritual Christianity

Motive to engage in the interview: (being understood, showing off, entertaining the audience, learning as you're asked to explain etc)

To Bring more clarity to spiritual concepts within Theistic propositions as well as to learn more about what I want to convey

In your opinion, if God/s is/are real, is/are he/she/it/they good, evil, neutral or a complex combination?

Incarnations and or gods can take on or develop one or the other or traits of either but the Godhead contains all things so I would say a combination. The Godhead has no specific gender as well and male or female only exists in embodiments and corporeal entities where duality is present. To point out, no duality exists in a singular Reality so within a singular unit the concepts of "good and evil" have no real relevance and no longer a factor. Since good and evil are only relevant where duality exists, as those concepts apply in relation to our affairs with others, the Godhead can't be labeled.

What is the Godheads intentions toward creation? I would say probably neutral leaning more towards good but since God experiences everything through your individual channel of experience it doesn't matter to God because the Creator experiences everything through all individual channels, what you experience is what God experiences. Since the Godhead has all sides to Itself God wants to express it all through each channel whether negative or positive that's the investment the Creator has in creation. At the very, very core of your being, you and God are one and the same (surprise), God is the Watcher of all your observations.

rosends
rosends
-->
@RationalMadman
Name you want to be addressed with (including Mr/Mrs/Ms etc): rosends
Religious label I affiliate with: (modern) Orthodox Jew
Motive to engage in the interview: helping others understand Judaism
In your opinion, if God/s is/are real, is/are he/she/it/they good, evil, neutral or a complex combination? Yes, God is real and none of the above. These are human labels which we use to try and wrap out finite brains around an infinite concept.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@EtrnlVw
@rosends
Accepted! See the thread you are tagged in for the interview. :)
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@RationalMadman
I'd like to do a discord interview. You can record it and transcribe what you want.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Greyparrot
Sorry but I don't want to voicechat with site members or show my face.
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Barney

Ragnar,

YOUR QUOTE PERTAINING TO DEB-8-A-BULL BEATING A CAT: "Don't even joke about that!"

You are most certainly correct in chastising her where her animal cruelty is ungodly and she will pay upon Judgment Day!  

Our Bible shows that being cruel to animals is not sanctioned by Jesus, especially in the animal situation herewith: "You must not have sexual intercourse with any animal to become defiled with it, and a woman must not stand before an animal to have sexual intercourse with it; it is a perversion. Do not defile yourselves with any of these things, for the nations which I am about to drive out before you have been defiled with all these things. (Leviticus 18:23-24 )

In a godly way, I had 17 cats at one time in an environment of drastic winters, and where if I didn't accept them and take care of them, they would be prized possessions of coyotes and wolves and freezing temperatures. They just kept showing up in their starvation situation, where when I took care of them in the long run as Jesus would want, they provided great entertainment and in being true friends, praise!

PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
-->
@RationalMadman
Eh, sure, why not.

Name you want to be addressed with (including Mr/Mrs/Ms etc): Press
Religious label I affiliate with: Agnostic Atheist
Motive to engage in the interview: To tell my honest opinion on religious issues. Maybe someone can learn from what I am saying, and maybe I'll learn something as well.
In your opinion, if God/s is/are real, is/are he/she/it/they good, evil, neutral or a complex combination? I don't know which God/gods are real, if any.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@RationalMadman
Name you want to be addressed with (including Mr/Mrs/Ms etc): DPR is fine
Religious label I affiliate with: I'm not sure what the label would be but some adjectives,  unconvinced, unsure, hopeful
Motive to engage in the interview:   learning for sure 
In your opinion, if God/s is/are real, is/are he/she/it/they good, evil, neutral or a complex combination?  complex for sure.

K_Michael
Debates: 38
K_Michael
-->
@RationalMadman
Name: K Michael
Religious label: Atheist
Motive:  "Sheer, ABSOLUTE BOREDOM"

If a god/God of any kind is real, they have a lot to answer for. I'm not saying that they're inherently evil or whatever, but the Abrahamic God definitely is imo. You can't be omnibenevolent, omnipotent, and still allow the atrocities of humanity to happen.
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@RationalMadman
Sure, I'll engage:

Name: fauxlaw

Religion: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. 

Motive: To be understood and to express

Nature of God: Real, personal, absolute expression of good
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
Name you want to be addressed with (including Mr/Mrs/Ms etc): username(dr.Franklin)
Religious label I affiliate with: (if you don't, state such)-Christianity
Motive to engage in the interview: (being understood, showing off, entertaining the audience, learning as you're asked to explain etc)-learning as im asked to explain
In your opinion, if God/s is/are real, is/are he/she/it/they good, evil, neutral or a complex combination?-God IS real is a male and is good

Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
On second thought I nominate GreyParrot. He's always in the mood for short quips but hasn't really bothered to go into deep ideological detail. That'd be interesting to watch.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@RationalMadman
Zed.

None.

Invitation.

In my opinion....None of the above..... A god principle, the motivation of the universe, exceeds the necessity of human definition.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
To avoid overloading myself, I will leave it at four of these, I'm also doing it in the Politics forum and want to make sure I can properly dedicate to them. If I notice one going inactive or find the load easier to handle as I go along, I'll open more.
PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@RationalMadman
Name you want to be addressed with (including Mr/Mrs/Ms etc):
Peter or PGA 2.0 

Religious label I affiliate with: 
Christian, Preterist leanings.

Motive to engage in the interview: 
Show the reasonableness of the Preterist view of Scripture and belief in the biblical God.

I believe in one true and living God, the God revealed in the writings of the Bible, the sixty-six canonized "books."

I believe God is an omniscient, omnipotent, omnibenevolent, immutable, eternal, true being.  

21 days later

PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@RationalMadman
Most of your five candidates have petered out. My offer still stands (Post 24).
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@RationalMadman
This is not just because Jeff made his interviews, this is actually something I have always wanted to do.

In fact, one of my dream careers in a utopia would be a world renowned interview-focused journalist. I want to genuinely ask you about your outlook.

Apply with the following:

Name you want to be addressed with (including Mr/Mrs/Ms etc): (it can be your username)
Religious label I affiliate with: (if you don't, state such)
Motive to engage in the interview: (being understood, showing off, entertaining the audience, learning as you're asked to explain etc)

The rest will be explored in the interviews and they'll begin based on your answers to this. I will evolve with your answers.

Applying does not guarantee acceptance, I am free to decline applications.

Interesting man. You are creative with your forum use. Anyways, although i may not be on long (lots of irl stuff that needs my attention), i'll check back if you answer this. 

Outplayz

I don't affiliate with any one religion... all of them may have hints of what i believe, but like what i believe, they are created by humans. Therefore, take each and mine with a grain of salt. Mine is a simulation theory, mixed with fictional realism, an infinite mind, and all being a part of consciousness. Something like that. 

Just saying hi to you after awhile of not being on. I've debated my belief and other beliefs for years now... kinda bored of it. I've heard everything and the only conclusion that can be made is some sort of spiritual agnostic atheism... that's kinda what i've concluded at this point. But for this question i'm sticking with the spiritual side. 

I guess complex would apply to my spiritual conjecture. Since i don't believe in a "god" per say. I think everything is god. God is everyone and everything, therefore it's you, me, everyone else here, everyone else in the multi-verse but god is also nothing since it's also the universe and the sun can't distinguish if it's something or nothing. It's like a video game, you have objects, you have NPC, you have the main character... it's all on a cd. It's all god (the cd being god)... this analogy can get deeper bc then the platform (console) is also god, all the way to the players, our earth, universe, etc... So, yes, complex.