Apply to be interviewed on your political and/or sociological outlook.

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 9
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
In the religion forums, I have begun interviewing people about their beliefs, I wish to do a very similar thing with Politics (but this of course will have more structure and censoring via avoiding asking certain things).

I am not here to convince, I am here to help you get your voice out there in a structured way.

See these 2 interviews and how they unfold if you're skeptical (there will be more hopefully):

Apply with the following:

Name you want to be addressed with (including Mr/Mrs/Ms etc): (it can be your username)
Political label I affiliate with: (if you don't, state such)
Motive to engage in the interview: (being understood, showing off, entertaining the audience, learning as you're asked to explain etc)
In your opinion, is freedom, harmony, prosperity, intelligence or some other such priority the top thing for society to aim for? 

Your answers to these things will help me structure the beginning of the interview and I will evolve based on your answers both here and inside the interview.

Applying does not guarantee acceptance, I am free to decline applications.
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@RationalMadman
Sure.

1. Athias will do just fine.
2. Individualism, Voluntarism, Anarchism.
3. Showing off.
4. Given your list, freedom is the top thing for which society should aim.
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
1. Mr. Newman
2. No label
3. To promote a certain POV most people haven't considered. As I'm getting older, a little bit smarter, and starting to have actual life experiences in the adult world, my political ideology is starting to "settle" on a final form that, at least, should hold in loose form for a couple of years or longer. The ideological wanderlust of youth is beginning to subside I think. I've had a persisting gut affiliation with Trump and the GOP almost like a baseball fan does for his home team but they honestly don't seem to hold the answers we need.
4. Either empowerment or security under a paternalistic framework. But there's a kind of civilizational entropy that degrades empowerment, so security's probably more attainable/sustainable. Both require trust to work well but trust is a vanishing commodity.
Freedom isn't necessarily incompatible with either so far as freedom equates to permission. Intelligence does not equal happiness except so far as low intelligence hurts self esteem and employment opportunities (both of which are hurt either way by increases in relative intelligence).  It's a tool rather than an end in itself. 
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@RationalMadman
I'll hop on in this.

1. Marc or whiteflame, don't really care which.
2. I'll steer clear of labels.
3. Mostly curiosity, though I just enjoy a good incisive conversation that forces me to expose a little bit more about myself.
4. A society should be just, though not just in the "law and order" sense. It also involves how people are treated in general, how their circumstances are understood, etc.
TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@RationalMadman
Name you want to be addressed with (including Mr/Mrs/Ms etc): DPR will make things easy
Political label I affiliate with: pragmatic libertarian (I think)
Motive to engage in the interview: being understood, learning as I'm asked to explain etc
In your opinion, is freedom, harmony, prosperity, intelligence or some other such priority the top thing for society to aim for? no one thing, freedom and peace would be best imo

fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@RationalMadman
I'll engage here, as well

name: fauxlaw

political affiliation: conservative, but, more specifically, sermonist [explained below]

motive to engage: to be understood

prime societal aim: To abide by the Sermon on the Mount [Matthew 5 - 7 of the Holy Bible, inclusive]. To me, this passage is not only good religious philosophy, it happens to be the premier political platform in existence. Every precept expresses social, secular excellence to the degree that if practiced in full, we would have a perfectly harmonious society with every single social ill plaguing current society eliminated. As such, I call myself politically, as noted above, a sermonist because I believe this code of ethics applies to everyone. Even atheists could embrace this philosophy because it can be practiced entirely secularly. For example, the result of being a peacemaker is given to be "children of God." This, to an atheist, could be altered to: "children of pure liberty" because that would be the result of peacemaking. 

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
Name you want to be addressed with (including Mr/Mrs/Ms etc): Dr.Franklin
Political label I affiliate with: (if you don't, state such)-Conservative
Motive to engage in the interview: (being understood, showing off, entertaining the audience, learning as you're asked to explain etc)-learning
In your opinion, is freedom, harmony, prosperity, intelligence or some other such priority the top thing for society to aim for? -prosperity

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
All who have applied are accepted, I will limit it to four, so that overall I have 8 interviews going (including the four in the Religion forums) and see where my ability to handle them all at once goes from there.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
because I am already interviewing you in Religious forums, I will skip you here until I am ready to handle more at once.