Is Preaching Allowed?

Author: Goldtop

Total: 78
Goldtop
Debates: 0
Goldtop
Just curious, one of the members here has stated his only mission here is to preach the gospel.
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
I'm not a mod, but in this case I don't see why the purpose behind his content should make it objectionable. The actual nature of the content is more important. After all, just about everyone here would like to convince somebody else of a position on an issue that they have.
Some factors that should go into judging whether it's inappropriate:

I. Does he say the same thing so frequently that there's little distinction between him and a spammer?
2. Does he respond to feedback?
3. If so, does he attempt to use reason, or at least the semblance of reason, to convince the parties objecting to his message?
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Swagnarok
I. Does he say the same thing so frequently that there's little distinction between him and a spammer?
2. Does he respond to feedback?
3. If so, does he attempt to use reason, or at least the semblance of reason, to convince the parties objecting to his message?
1. Absolutely, hundreds of times, over and over, never stops, completely obsessed.
2. Yes, with more preaching or telling us we're crazy losers for not accepting his God.
3. No semblance of reason whatsoever. Madness.

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Goldtop
Sounds like someone we would be disgusted by. I may know him.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Goldtop

"Is Preaching Allowed?
Just curious, one ofthe members here has stated his only mission here is to preach the gospel".

I cannot see the problem with anyone giving/preaching there opinion about the bible on their own thread.
What I do find offensive is some members believe it perfectly ok to derail and inject their religious beliefs into a thread without any intention of addressing the issue of the op. 

RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
You can preach all you want but I'm the real preacher of the real God and she has taught me that preaching is a sin because you help the undeserving find truth and it's not their right to attain it.
Imabench
Debates: 6
Imabench
-->
@Goldtop
one of the members here has stated his only mission here is to preach the gospel.
As long as they only do it in the Religious forum where all the other lunatics on the site go to spend their time posting things nobody actually reads, then it should be okay. 
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
Preaching is not prohibited unless it violates some element of the COC. But preaching, in and of itself, is not a violation of site policy.

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@bsh1
Thank you. I was sure it was prohibited (although rarely enforced) at DDO and just wanted clarification for this site.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Stephen
What I do find offensive is some members believe it perfectly ok to derail and inject their religious beliefs into a thread without any intention of addressing the issue of the op. 

He does that all the time, but I can think of several folks here who also do that regularly.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Imabench
posting things nobody actually reads
That's another story altogether, and it actually demonstrates much more than that, things like Hall of Fame, Presidencies and all the other clique rituals you and the kiddies were obsessed with, but never bothered to reach out to others on the forums who did have posts that were worth reading, certainly far more interesting than anything you ever wrote. The ddo movie? Monumentally childish.

bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@Goldtop
Well, I don't think it was prohibited on DDO, per se, but Airmax could probably provide more clarity on that point. Preaching came up as a moderation issue primarily in the case of Bornofgod, who wasn't just preaching, but spamming the forums with his proselytizing comments. It's that kind of spam that was problematic, not really the preaching itself.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Goldtop
I hated Imabench and still dislike him overall as a person. He is too laid back morally for my liking but if I had to spend a day on a desert island with Bench or anyone who mains the religion forums, I would pick Bench and that's a fucking fact.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@bsh1
Yes, I remember BoG, good guy actually, loved to play guitar and write tunes. But, I know what you mean about his spam. There are a few here who haven't quite reached BoG status, but are certainly working their way towards it.
Imabench
Imabench
-->
@Goldtop
reach out to others on the forums who did have posts that were worth reading
There isnt anyone who spent time in the religion forum who qualifies for that, and its widely understood among other members on the site that at this point there never will be... The fact that you take that as personally as you do indicates that you are already somewhat aware of how little people care for your opinion, which is only a sensible thing to do. 

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Imabench
There isnt anyone who spent time in the religion forum who qualifies for that
Since you don't go there, you couldn't possibly know or care.  Hence, you're not qualified to opine on anything in the Religion forum.

The fact that you take that as personally
I don't. I was merely pointing out your hypocrisy.
Imabench
Imabench
-->
@Goldtop
Since you don't go there, you couldn't possibly know or care
I've mis-clicked the religion forum on the forums tab while aiming for the politics forum listed just above it enough times to wind up in the forum and get a good look at the general stupidity of those who post in it.... Before that when I did the Weekly Stupid I routinely would go into the Religion forum to see what kind of stupid stuff people were spouting for possible material, often times finding more then I could put onto a single episode. 

So I am well aware of what kind of retardation goes down in the religion forum to know that people who spend a majority of their time posting in the forum have nothing to offer in other conversations. Sorry that you fall under that category, boy. 

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Imabench
. Before that when I did the Weekly Stupid I routinely would go into the Religion forum to see what kind of stupid stuff people were spouting for possible material, often times finding more then I could put onto a single episode. 

Another example of monumental childishness. Wee things entertain wee minds.
Imabench
Imabench
-->
@Goldtop
Thank you for being a terrific example proving my point made in the first place. You make go ahead and exit the thread now, your stupidity is no longer required :) 

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
...Religious forum where all the other lunatics on the site go to spend their time posting things nobody actually reads, 

Sometimes I wonder what reality you exist in. The religion board often had the most threads and most posts. "No one actually reads"? You really should run what you post past your brain before you post it. Really.

The fact that you take that as personally
You first insulted him. You first used vulgarity. How is he the one taking it personally? No sir, it's you, and even you call yourself a useless troll. Even you.

No one wants to read your posts, which is why you need to resort to gimmicks, antics, and vulgarity to get reads. Seriously consider including your brain in your process of posting. If you have a working one that is.

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@RationalMadman
You can preach all you want but I'm the real preacher of the real God and she has taught me that preaching is a sin because you help the undeserving find truth and it's not their right to attain it.

Lol i like this god. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Imabench
So what other forums should the religious forum people go to? I mean, i see them in philosophy, politics and science.... you know, the forums that take some thought. Should the religion forum people come to the personal forums and tell you or make a thread on who the hottest member is? Or AMA... the reason you don't see them is bc they are people in forums that have the deeper subjects in life that they may not be able to discuss since most aren't qualified. If i am going to do an AMA it will be in my everyday life, not sit online and think i am something special for winning a presidency online. Lmao off... Gold is right in that you are a child. There are interesting threads in the religion forum here and there... i will admit it takes some time to find one since i care very little for religion... but, you have never met some of the wisest members i have had the pleasure to read... including people like Ruvdraba... (i forget his name but the religion users know who i am talking about.)
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@ethang5
You first insulted him. You first used vulgarity. How is he the one taking it personally? No sir, it's you, and even you call yourself a useless troll. Even you.

No one wants to read your posts, which is why you need to resort to gimmicks, antics, and vulgarity to get reads. Seriously consider including your brain in your process of posting. If you have a working one that is.

That's funny... the "religion forum people" do know other people on this site... what a shock. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@RationalMadman
I hated Imabench and still dislike him overall as a person. He is too laid back morally for my liking but if I had to spend a day on a desert island with Bench or anyone who mains the religion forums, I would pick Bench and that's a fucking fact.
Hmm... didn't see this. I was almost respecting you. If you can't discuss whatever your belief is and debate it... you aren't the best debater as you say you are. It is the one subject that if you can't succinctly and scrupulously debate you will sound illogical since there is no proof either way but there is logic and weaker evidence to support your debates. But in any case, if you've never debated your belief i would say you are the weakest debater on this site.    

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Outplayz
Remind me again what your rating is.
Now remind me where I said I haven't debated my beliefs.

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
The Ultimate Reality is God.

That is what God with a capital "G" means.

Why do I repeat this over and over?

Because nothing is more effective at exposing atheism for what it fundamentally is. Denial of truth itself, and this is clearly a dangerous and mindlessly superstitious position to take. 

Why not expose that these people only say what they think sounds convincing? Why not expose that they inly drag people into large conversations in order that they trap them in their words? Why not expose that they have no argument, only deep seated hatred and theophobia?

But am I calling for the censorship of these workers of rhetoric and sophistry? No, because I know that the more they argue against The Truth, the more they expose their position as being wicked and foolish. Besides that, I'm not a hater. I don't even flag the posts of those who insult me, but believe me, they flag my posts.

And if they had any sense, they'd abandon their superstitions, and switch their debate from "Does God exist?" To "What can be known of God?".

There is nothing in denying The Ultimate Reality. It's a dead tree. I wouldn't have to constantly call attention to this if atheists didn't systematically ignore this understanding of God. It's atheist kryptonite. There is no argument against The Ultimate Reality. To say, "There is no Ultimate Reality is self defeating"

It is the truth that there is no truth! Prove to me that it is true that there is truth!

And this is certainly important enough to "preach" when truth is so integral to good debate. Besides, I can't help but see there is a double standard here, because these deniers of God make sure to preach that God doesn't exist everywhere they go. Their position is weak, which is why now they are trying to get me silenced.

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@RationalMadman
Okay that's good that you have debated your beliefs... i've never seen it (and don't see it in your debates). I care very little about ratings and debating formally on this site (so if you are using that to have a supercilious authority over me it goes over my head). So, you've never met me or any of the other people on the religion forum that are likely much better than whoever you debated or equal. So i would still say you are inexperienced. The closest you come to a spiritual debate is your free will one (you conceded)... and Jewish one (you said shalom lol). I don't see anything to convince me you know what you are talking about... and, if Judiaism is your belief i would say you are wrong bc no one religion has the truth... but i digress so i don't derail. Make a thread of your belief and lets see what you got...   
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Outplayz
Politics matters more than religious beliefs.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@RationalMadman
Politics is important... Religion / spirituality is also super important (in some cases more important). Why do you think the top intellectuals are known for debating both? They both have an ubiquitous effect on our world.     
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@Outplayz
@RationalMadman
Maybe we can be like China where they put portraits of their president at the altars of their state sanctioned churches, make children sign papers in school confessing that they follow no religion, and stomp out any private house congregations that might possibly undermine their watchful eye and state ideology.

Then politics and religion can be one.

Maybe we should all emulate them. 

Maybe we should chuck anyone who doesn't agree with the state religion into reeducation camps.