Dr.Franklin
-->
@zedvictor4
win the debate

7 days later

ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
Firefox for many years now.  I remmber before I had internet access, my friend used Netscape   ---now firefox--- and the logo was an N inside of a green box [N].

Actually the ma in man behind Netscape was the peron who figured out to make the translations from bit signals of code to actually see what is type and presented as HTML.  Thats it, he was responsible for creating HTML if I recall correctly.

There is no good reason to leave a browser that works so well for me, for so many years.  I used Safari for a while, ---when was given an emac--   but it would not open some animated graphics I wanted.  This was maybe 10 - 15 years ago. Firefox opened those animated  graphics  ----here is LINK to them--- and I went back to Firefox permantly, with little brief trys with Chrome, Explorer, and one other I forget name of. Pearl or something like that.

Edge is not for me either.
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@ebuc
In my opinion, Firefox for brilliant user-enforcable privacy and Chrome for quality of webpage display and accessibilty and general browser's ease of use.

ebuc
ebuc
RMan, you stil have me blocked.  IF want to address me, then you need to have the kahunas to interact with me.

...."1. Mozilla Firefox
The best browser for power users and privacy protection
Operating system: Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS
Incredibly flexible
Cross-platform sync
Good privacy protection
A bit slower than rivals
Firefox has long been the Swiss Army Knife of the internet and our favourite browser. Version 72 is particularly good: it can alert you if your email address is included in a known data breach, it blocks those annoying allow-notifications popups, it blocks “fingerprinting” browser tracking and it brings its picture in picture video mode to the Mac version. As before it’s endlessly customisable both in terms of its appearance and in the range of extensions and plugins you can use. Last year’s overhaul dramatically improved its performance, which was starting to lag behind the likes of Chrome, and it’s smooth and solid even on fairly modest hardware."...

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ebuc
That source ranked Microsoft Edge above Google Chrome as a browser. It is blatantly sponsored by Firefox to write that review and they paid extra to rank Chrome lower. There is no way on Earth that ME is superior to GC as a browser.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ebuc
The word in Spanish, for 'balls' in the way you put it is:

los cojones

the term 'big Kahunas' doesn't refer to a multiple, it refers to having big authority in and of itself and is from a Hawaiian term for a Shaman who is particularly respected for his/her wisdom.

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@RationalMadman

Google pays Firefox, cause Firefox's primary search engine is Google.  Firefox is easy to user, because I using so many years.  Privacy is important to me also.

.."We’ll keep making the right decisions for you guided by our Data Privacy Principles. This means that we are actively forgoing additional profit-making opportunities by never tracking your browsing activities and avoiding any third party in-app data analytics platforms."...

H,mm I must not have the VPN model cause I pay nothing for Firefox.

..."We are working hard to make the official product, the Mozilla VPN, available in selected regions this year. We will continue to offer the Mozilla VPN at the current pricing model for a limited time, which allows you to protect up to five devices on Windows, Android, and iOS at $4.99/month."...

....."As much as we love Firefox – right now it’s still our favourite browser – we’re worried about its future. 2019 wasn’t a great year for Mozilla, with a major add-on crisis in May that Peter Saint-Andre and Matthew Miller claimed “was the result of having an interlocking set of complex systems that were not well understood across the relevant teams”. The lack of in-house quality assurance teams was also highlighted – much of Mozilla’s QA is outsourced – and in early 2020 the QA leads were reportedly let go in a round of layoffs. Mozilla’s struggling for income, so if you value Firefox you might want to visit donate.mozilla.org to help secure its future. "....
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ebuc
Firstly, I am not denying Firefox is a great browser. I am extremely skeptical of the VPN though especially if it's free. 

Secondly, Google paying Mozilla to make their default search engine Google is not the same as the two browser rivals being aligned, it's a vicious rivalry that Firefox and Chrome have.

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@RationalMadman
May 31st 2017...."They are at 12 -10% market share.'... Enterprise business uses Chrome or other. 

I hope Firefox does not cease to exist, as the common people like me and you { Rational MM } are satisfied with it."... LINK....

So here we are 3 years later and I dont know the percentage of market share by FFox.