Blazing Saddles

Author: sadolite

Total: 13
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
I think the movie Blazing Saddles should be played on every TV station every cable station and  every social media site  non stop  24/7 for 5 days. What say you?

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@sadolite
This would just mean that I wouldn't watch TV, or use social media for 5 days....Which isn't a bad thing.

Though what would the purpose of the exercise be?
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
To eat more, or less beans, and less bans is not good, because beans is the one food all centenarians have in common.

..."Many of the longest-living populations in the world are lovers of legumes (more commonly known as beans). The people of Okinawa, Japan, who have the highest percentage of centenarians on earth, eat a diet rich in soybean-based products like tofu."...

...The researchers found that legumes were the most important dietary predictor of survival among the elderly, “regardless of their ethnicity,” they wrote.* For every 20-gram increase in daily legume intake (20 grams is about three-quarters of an ounce), “there is a 7 to 8% reduction in mortality hazard ratio.”.......
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@zedvictor4
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess you have never seen the movie?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@sadolite
Saw it and enjoyed it, probably 40 years ago....Perhaps it's worth another look, but definitely not 24/7 for 5 days.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
Well, there's a coincidence......I had cannellini beans yesterday and broad beans and cannellini beans this evening....I'm a beans fan.

Thanks for the info.

And here's to the next forty years.
User_2006
Debates: 50
User_2006
I would not let my horses' accessories being lit on fire, huh?
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@sadolite
Humor is dead 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Humour has evolved.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@zedvictor4
evolved?  nope, intolerance to anything offensive or could be offensive has killed humor.  I can see why you'd think that's evolution.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@zedvictor4
Show us an example of "evolved humor" I'm really curious as to what that is. I may have seen it, didn't know it was evolved humor and didn't laugh because I need to be trained in what is funny in this new "evolved humor."
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@sadolite
Do you not think that a modern stand up comics material is different to what would have made us laugh 40 years ago....Though I would suggest that this reflects a general change in social expectation. 

I would further suggest that what we might regard as timeless humour, is perhaps as much to do with nostalgia as it is to do with humour.....In so much as it makes us smile rather than makes us laugh.

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@sadolite
I dont know abut evolved, but culturally relevant. Ex, Larry the cable guy doing his on stage routine ---I dunno what year--, says.

...' any of you out there ever see your parents having sex? yeah, you there. Uh huh, Well, I saw my parents having sex once and whew boy, I tell you, I ain't never going to that web site again"....... :--)

I think an older one ---80's--   is Jeff Foxworthy saying...'you know your a redneck, when the tires on you pick-up truck cost more than the truck'.... :--)

Then there are the Mark Twain award routines. Will Farrow { I give a #9 }, Steve martin { 9 }, Ellen Degeneris { 10 }, Lilly Tomlin { 8 }, and I forget the other ones I just happened to catch.

..'you know why the easter bunny hides his eggs? He dont want nobody to know he's been messing with a chicken'.....

I bet Mel Brooks got the Mark Twain award. I dunno, but it was probably and 10.