Gun Control is dead after riots

Author: Dr.Franklin

Total: 140
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
When you live in a Democrat-run city with few guns. One gun is the difference between a rich criminal and a poor one.
you don't even seem to be trying to make a point any more. I explained why gun control would work. you responded with absolutely nothing. 

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
There no way to take guns away from criminals, all your points on gun control are invalid.

Even if we tried anything you propose, ACLU would just step in as usual and call it racial profiling or some bullshit.

Unless part of your gun ban proposal involves abolishing the ACLU, good luck.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
There no way to take guns away from criminals, all your points on gun control are invalid.
of course there is. It won't be easy or fast given how bad the proliferation of guns has been. But the fact that doing something will be hard does not mean it isn't worth doing. If you control the flow of guns and keep new ones from going out. Then you step up measures to seize the guns that are out there with big prison time for being in posession of gun. You will slowly get the glut of firearms out of the market. 

Even if we tried anything you propose, ACLU would just step in as usual and call it racial profiling or some bullshit.
how does controlling the sale of guns have anything to do with racial profiling?

Unless part of your gun ban proposal involves abolishing the ACLU, good luck.
this doesn't even make sense. 
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
@TheDredPriateRoberts
@bmdrocks21
@fauxlaw
I know why Democrats are so afraid of guns! They know they’d get crushed if a Civil War came, so they’re trying to take our guns before it comes to that. As a Texan, I tell any gun grabber: Come And Take It. 

The day guns get banned is the day there will be a Civil War in the nation, and these snowflakes won’t stand a chance.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@ILikePie5
Why people are afraid of guns , is because when you have a gun pointed at you, the holder's mental state alters and their reasoning diminishes....And of course ultimately if the trigger is pulled it's probably not going to be good news.

The gun is an inanimate object and not to be feared unless it is in the hands of a predictable human being, such as yourself or even a democrat.... There is no special difference between you and a democrat, other than a dumb ideas that you have in your heads.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@HistoryBuff
sell it on the blackmarket of course, I'd rather keep it in my house and take my chances, if someone breaks in it's better to face a gun charge than a death penalty via criminal don't you think?  
look at the criminals getting gun charges now, as a would be first time offender I'm not concerned in the slightest based on what repeat offenders are charged and punished with.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@HistoryBuff
so the solution to the police being unaccountable and abusing their power is to hand guns to anyone that wants one, including lunatics, untrained idiots and criminals. That is just a fantastic plan. 

never said give guns to criminals or lunatics
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Dr.Franklin
that's his m.o. claims you say things that you never did, typical leftist, can't comprehend that criminals get guns which is obvious on the news every night.  He's familiar with the multitude of links and posts I've made about homemade guns, blackmarket guns etc.  But that is contra to his arguments so selectively ignored/forgotten.  While the concept of unintended consequences seems pretty basic it sure seems a concept some just can't fathom, though I can't understand why.  Probably need a psychiatry degree to figure that out. 

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Watch them make white people give up their guns first to promote “equality”
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@ILikePie5
hmm I want equality then, when it comes to dropping charges and light sentencing, especially for felons and repeat offenders.  I wanna be a dindu!!!
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
sell it on the blackmarket of course, I'd rather keep it in my house and take my chances, if someone breaks in it's better to face a gun charge than a death penalty via criminal don't you think?  
no, why would it be? If your choices are give a guy your stuff or go to prison for 20 years, that's a pretty simple choice. 

look at the criminals getting gun charges now, as a would be first time offender I'm not concerned in the slightest based on what repeat offenders are charged and punished with.
yeah, you would definitely need stiff penalties for owners of illegal guns in order to make it not worth it for people to buy them anyway and hide them. Because if they feel like you do, that it is better to commit a crime than deal with an unlikely hypothetical scenario, then they will commit that crime. If you can convince them that they are worse off breaking the law (by illegally hiding firearms) then you remove the incentive for people to do so. 
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Dr.Franklin
no, but you want them readily available to everyone else. And with that many guns saturating the market then there is absolutely no problem for criminals and lunatics to get them. There are loopholes that let them do it legally. There are less than scrupulous gun shops that don't care who they sell to. There are random people who just re-sell their guns. There are criminals who just steal guns (since they are everywhere). 

You will never be able to get guns out of the hands of criminals if there are hundreds of millions of them available. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Not only that, but New York also attempted a ban on criminal guns with stop and frisk, and it was struck down by the ACLU.

There's not a single damn gun ban plan targetting criminals HB can propose that ACLU won't similarly strike down with the force of the radical left mob. Why do you think there are comparatively so so many more armed criminals in Democrat-run cities?
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Not only that, but New York also attempted a ban on criminal guns with stop and frisk, and it was struck down by the ACLU.
because they were stopping people for no reason and subjecting them to searches without any cause. Additionally, they were targeting minorities with this policy. You don't need to use racist abusive tactics to do gun control. 

There's not a single damn gun ban plan targetting criminals HB can propose that ACLU won't similarly strike down with the force of the radical left mob. 
Why would they? The reason they fought stop and frisk is because it was really illegal. The police do not have the authority to forcefully search whoever they want without probable cause. 

Why do you think there are comparatively so so many more armed criminals in Democrat-run cities?
Cities tend to be democrat run because populations in cities tend to have higher education and/or benefit from lots of government programs. So republican policies of slashing public services to funnel money to the rich directly hurt them. 

Since population in cities is so much higher, there is also more money to be made. This attracts criminals. And the more money and the more criminals there are, makes it more likely those criminals will get weapons to protect their criminal enterprises. It is all very straight forward. It has nothing to do with democrat policies. 

But again, you are looking at gun control as if who is in charge of a specific city is an important detail. It is not. It doesn't matter what gun control laws a city passes because guns will pour in from the next city or state over. There is no way for a single city or state to make much of a difference. Real change has to be national. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
Since population in cities is so much higher, there is also more money to be made....
So republican policies of...

Let me stop you right there. One word. Detroit. Systemically run into the ground for three generations by Democrats and ONLY Democrats.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@HistoryBuff
criminals will always exist and their mindset just doesnt go away when guns arent there

knives are used a lot yet there will always be knives

they are no legal loopholes as the majority of criminals get their guns through non registered sales, there is no gun show loophole or anything like that

banning alcholol didnt stop the production of it, did it

the problem is 100% culture.white US crime is less than most European countries or about the same, black and hispanic crime rates are the ONLY reason why there is a gun problem and when you have a culture that is complete garbage in these communities, thats what happens
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
Since population in cities is so much higher, there is also more money to be made...

Democrats have NEVER "taxed the rich" otherwise, every celebrity in Hollywood and every woke Athlete would be living in a community approved housing unit. 50 years of empty promises to poor people is the Democrat party. 50 years of excuses for managing urban centers with massive homeless populations. "Systemic racism" being the most fashionable scapegoat recently for 50 years of failure.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Dr.Franklin
black and hispanic crime rates are the ONLY reason why there is a gun problem and when you have a culture that is complete garbage in these communities, that's what happens.

This isn't just an American thing. Anywhere you look outside of the USA (except maybe Poland) where 3rd world immigrants are allowed and encouraged to segregate into cultural ghettos, cultural violence follows. Even in Sweden and Norway. Cultural tribes policed by lawless gangs.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Greyparrot
@Dr.Franklin
@HistoryBuff
If your choices are give a guy your stuff or go to prison for 20 years, that's a pretty simple choice. 
sure, how can you tell they just want your stuff and not kill,rape, beat etc?  I'd really love to know how to do that.
you would definitely need stiff penalties for owners of illegal guns in order to make it not worth it for people to buy them anyway and hide them.
certainly agree with that, which could be/have been done anytime in the last 50+ years?  but hasn't?
 Because if they feel like you do, that it is better to commit a crime than deal with an unlikely hypothetical scenario, then they will commit that crime.
do you favor punishing people, putting them in jail for victimless crimes?

the problem is 100% culture.

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Greyparrot
yup..
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Let me stop you right there. One word. Detroit. Systemically run into the ground for three generations by Democrats and ONLY Democrats.
ok. but there is literally no way for detroit to get guns under control. No matter what they do, there will always be a steady stream of guns flowing in from outside the city. In order for detroit, or any other city, to get guns under control there needs to be national policy. 

Democrats have NEVER "taxed the rich" otherwise, every celebrity in Hollywood and every woke Athlete would be living in a community approved housing unit. 50 years of empty promises to poor people is the Democrat party.
I partially agree with you. For the past few decades the democrats have been pushing economically right wing policies that have caused damage. They decided that as long as they were less terrible than the republicans, then the left would have to vote for them. So they just had to try to take right wing voters away from the republicans. It worked electorally but screwed the country with terrible right wing policy. But the solution to bad, right wing policy is not worse right wing policy from the republicans.

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
sure, how can you tell they just want your stuff and not kill,rape, beat etc?  I'd really love to know how to do that.
in some cases that might happen. And in those cases the person will need to defend themselves. But those are, by far, the minority of cases. Compared to the harm guns cause the potential good is minuscule. 

certainly agree with that, which could be/have been done anytime in the last 50+ years?  but hasn't?
the problem is that there are guns everywhere. It does no good to have stiff penalties for a product that is literally everywhere. In order for it to be effective you also have to get the massive glut of guns out of the market. Strict punishment on it's own is not an effective solution. 

do you favor punishing people, putting them in jail for victimless crimes?
But it isn't victimless crime. People die every single day from guns in america. owning those guns is putting lives in danger. It is killing people. Assuming enough political courage can be found to address the issue properly, then people who undermine or break this law are actively trying to get people killed. They will choose to not look at it that way, but that is what they are doing. 

Culture is certainly a big part of it. But the guns themselves are a huge problem. 
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Dr.Franklin
criminals will always exist and their mindset just doesnt go away when guns arent there
absolutely. Crime will still exist without guns. But alot less people will be dead. 

knives are used a lot yet there will always be knives
sure. But alot less people will be dead. It's alot harder to kill people with a knife than it is with a gun. Also, you could extend this argument in the other direction. IE well there are already guns so why should people have belt fed machine guns. Or grenade launchers. Or nuclear weapons. The idea that just because there are less dangerous weapons people could use, we should allow them to have more dangerous ones, is dumb. 

they are no legal loopholes as the majority of criminals get their guns through non registered sales, there is no gun show loophole or anything like that
lol you described a massive loop hole (non registered sales) then go on to say there are no loopholes. Do you read the things you write?

banning alcholol didnt stop the production of it, did it
no, for the same reasons i described with the war on drugs in comment 28. The 2 things are not particularly similar or comparable. 

culture is certainly part of it. But there is also systemic racism, massive proliferation of deadly weapons and a seriously flawed economic structure where the rich get richer and the poor get crushed. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
 But there is also systemic racism.

Which is nowhere near as big as a problem as the 3 generations of monopolistic systemic Democrat rule in urban centers of violence.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Which is nowhere near as big as a problem as the 3 generations of monopolistic systemic Democrat rule in urban centers of violence.
lol you say that as if republicans would have done anything any better. I'm not sure how cutting services and funneling cash into the hands of the rich really helps with crime. 

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
lol you say that as if republicans would have done anything any better. I'm not sure how cutting services and funneling cash into the hands of the rich really helps with crime. 
Wtf can Republicans do lmao. If people vote Republican then they could. But Democrats come every 4 years promising shit and then do nothing. There’s a reason why the top 20 cities with the most crime are Democrats. Democrats haven’t done shit and won’t do shit
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ILikePie5
Wtf can Republicans do lmao. If people vote Republican then they could. But Democrats come every 4 years promising shit and then do nothing.
Republicans do everything they possibly can do block and undermine gun control. You whine that the democrats don't do anything while the republicans actively work to make sure nothing gets done. 

here’s a reason why the top 20 cities with the most crime are Democrats. Democrats haven’t done shit and won’t do shit
that would be because most major cities end up voting democrat. because as education levels rise and population density increases, people realize that republican policies are complete shit. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
Republicans do everything they possibly can do block and undermine gun control. You whine that the democrats don't do anything while the republicans actively work to make sure nothing gets done. 
I’m referring to police brutality that seems to happen in Democratic cities. Democrats are the mayors and control the city council. Nothing has happened.

that would be because most major cities end up voting democrat. because as education levels rise and population density increases, people realize that republican policies are complete shit.
And yet they continue to choose to live in shitholes. Smart realize that the people we’ve elected for 30 years haven’t done shit and vote someone else. You won’t know if Republican policies work because you’ve never tried it. Try it once if you don’t like it then vote Dem next time. Only fools continue to vote for failed Democratic policies at the local level. I would be saying the same if sides were flipped.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@HistoryBuff
in some cases that might happen. And in those cases the person will need to defend themselves. But those are, by far, the minority of cases. Compared to the harm guns cause the potential good is minuscule. 
so you've decided that the potential to me and my loved ones is miniscule so I can't have a gun?  do you wear a seatbelt even though an accident so bad that a seatbelt would save your life is so miniscule?

But there is also systemic racism, massive proliferation of deadly weapons
for all the posts and discussion of systemic racism, not one person is able to point to a racist system or give an example
can you list the non deadly weapons for us?
most anything used as a weapon has a potential to cause death right?  but it's only a deadly weapon if it actually does cause a death, otherwise it's just a weapon?

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ILikePie5
I’m referring to police brutality that seems to happen in Democratic cities. Democrats are the mayors and control the city council. Nothing has happened.
fair point. Democrats are certainly also not doing nearly enough to address this issue. But I also argue that most establishment dems need to be forced out too. Many of them are corrupt, right wing hacks who pay lip service to progressive social issues to pretend they are anything other than what they are, republicans. 

You won’t know if Republican policies work because you’ve never tried it.
that's like saying I haven't tried dousing myself in gasoline and lighting a match, so I can't know what would happen. making the rich richer is exactly what both democratic and republican policy has been for decades. We know what it does. 

Only fools continue to vote for failed Democratic policies at the local level.
I agree. We need actually progressive policies and to get rid of the ridiculous right wing policies both parties have been pushing for decades.