Author: Speedrace

Read-only
Total: 410
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
Welcome to MCU Villains Mafia!

RULES

Read all of the following information carefully. It will behoove you to do so.

Activity

You are required to make 10 posts per DP. At least 5 of those posts must be substantive. A substantive post is any post that advances the progress of the game. The determination of what is or is not a substantive post is mine, and mine alone, to make.

Failure to meet this activity standard makes you eligible for replacement. If you know in advance that you won't be active, tell me ahead of time, otherwise I will have a lot less sympathy for you. For those who were insufficiently active but who had legitimate reasons for the low activity, I will expect you to make up for your inactivity in the next DP. You may receive 1 activity prompt in the last 24 to 12 hours of a DP; this is not guaranteed. A failure to get this prompt out to you will not excuse any inactivity.

PM Etiquette

Don't use PM structure, wincons, PM time stamps, or things of that ilk as points of analysis in the game. Discussion of these issues is strictly prohibited. You may not C/P anything from your PMs into the game or take photos of your PMs. There is to be no communicating via non-mod-initiated methods, even with teammates or hydra-halves. This means there is to be no game-related discussion on G+ hangouts, rabb.it hangouts, unauthorized PMs on site, PMs offsite, etc. If you suspect or know that any such communication is taking place, you are obligated to inform me immediately.

Remember, paraphrasing is your friend. You may only paraphrase PM content. An acceptable paraphrase should substantially change the original wording of the passage, and that change should be noticeably more than mere deletion, addition, or substitution. I am willing to pre-screen your paraphrases if I have time.

Other Issues

Observe civil and good conduct. Except in cases of exceptional rudeness, anyone who violates the conduct policy will receive 1 warning. Violations past that warning will result in you being replaced or mod-killed. What constitutes civil and good conduct is at my discretion. Additionally, all players must play to their wincon. Attempts to throw the game will not be tolerated. Play to win. Finally, excessive spamming, post editing, trolling, or thread derailment will also not be tolerated, and operates on the "1 warning, then replacement/mod-kill" paradigm. I reserve the right to bring back in any previously eliminated player as a replacement at least once, unless that player had an investigative role and received results prior to being eliminated.

Cycles and Voting

All DPs will be 72 hours long or will end when someone is hammered (or VTNL is hammered). NPs will be 48 hours long; however, if all actions are submitted early, the NP may be concluded earlier. I am willing to grant extensions for the DPs or NPs upon request, but it will be at my discretion whether to grant those requests. DP extensions will be 12-24 hours; NP extensions will be 6-12 hours. Votes or unvotes cast in twilight will not be assessed. Once a lynch is secured, the DP immediately ends; you must refrain from posting after a lynch is announced or secured. Only two warnings will be offered in twilight reminding people to stop posting. Posting after the warnings may result in a mod-kill. A policy of majority (as opposed to plurality) lynching is in force for this game. You are not required to unvote before re-voting, but you are required to use the acronym "VTL" to preface your votes and to bold your votes. Sometimes, when I am in a hurry, I will do a ctrl+f search for "VTL" and "unvote;" so using those specific phrases is important for ensuring an accurate count.

THEME

There is no theme split between town and mafia. A "villain" is anyone who is classically considered a villain in the MCU movies. This includes characters that were originally villains but became heroes, or were originally heroes but became villains. It does not include characters that are heroes but made very bad mistakes. Deadpool does not count in the MCU movie list.

LASTLY: All roles can be found in Drafter's Mafia role list.

RESOURCES

*neither a comprehensive nor a definitive list

LIVING PLAYERS

1. Crocodile
2. Bearman
3. RationalMadman
4. SupaDudz
5. oromagi
6. PressF4Respect
7. User_2006
8. ILikePie5
9. WaterPhoenix
10. LittleCookie08
11.warren42

With 11 players, it takes 6 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 2:00 PM, EST, on 7/5/2020.

Good luck! And let the games begin!

P.S.

It's my birthday :)

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@RationalMadman
@Vader
@oromagi
@skittlez09
@BearMan
Let's go
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@ILikePie5
@WaterPhoenix
@PressF4Respect
@User_2006
@Crocodile
Let's go
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@warren42
Let's go
warren42
Debates: 2
warren42
Awh I was all alone in the last tag :(
warren42
warren42
Happy birthday speed!
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Speedrace
Happy Birthday bro 🎂🎂
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Speedrace
VTL BearMan 
BearMan
Debates: 16
BearMan
-->
@ILikePie5
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@ILikePie5
@warren42
Thanks!!
warren42
warren42
-->
@BearMan
Bearman has linked a rickroll in the only scum game he's played, now again in this one. Coincidence? I think...

NOT
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
I am posting here to clarify that yes I am online but currently am in a 'god exists' debate and will be busy IRL. In order to not get scumread for early inactivity, I post here to say hello.

I have already got a grasp on the structure of this game, I believe.

I am also certain that given that it's Marvel and the fact that the 'split' is not mentioned in the description in the OP, there are definitely third-party win conditions here.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Speedrace
happy birthday
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Also, I never ever support early bandwagon pressure until we agree that we are going to prey on everyone for outs until someone cracks/slips.

I believe in information withheld or information dished out, no middleground. The Town either operates in a game of poker or chess (hidden information vs open information) and applies game theory like this.

I know that I just said 'the town' in third person, I am one of the town but I always think in third-person in games, in fact the game where I used 'us' and 'we' the most, was the last game I was in here (where I was mafia). I will always interchangeably use these and it is not a slip, it is to do with my switching between different perspectives in how I think about strategy as I type out my thoughts.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Speedrace
VTL COOKIE
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@RationalMadman
My pressure is for activity. And subsequent pressure will be for claims from people we find scummy.

Speedrace
Speedrace
Vote Count
LittleCookie08 - IlikePie5 (1/6)
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Vader
(forst things first)
VTL SupaDudz

cuz he's a big boy now
User_2006
Debates: 50
User_2006
I am going to play it safe here. 
User_2006
Debates: 50
User_2006
At this time, since everybody is vtling supadudz at dp1, nothing useful is extracted at the message. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I am going to play it safe here. 
strange thing to mention out of the blue like that. What does that mean exactly? Did you play 'not safe' last game?
Crocodile
Debates: 22
Crocodile
VTL User

That 90 degrees looks scummy.

Crocodile
Debates: 22
Crocodile
At this time, since everybody is vtling supadudz at dp1, nothing useful is extracted at the message. 
Only one person is vtling supa. 

i guess we should L.A.L.
warren42
warren42
I townread RM? I feel like I shouldn't have such a strong read so early but that all felt very pure and transparent? I dunno.
BearMan
Debates: 16
BearMan
You can see evidence that User is mafia here.
PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
-->
@Speedrace
Happy birthday Speedbuddy
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@BearMan
What was the point of the rickroll?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Crocodile
You are far too calm and non-troll-like this game. Last game, as doctor, you were aggro af, replying to people only to either wind them up or interrogate them almost (on day one especially). This game the first thing you say implies 'friendly disagreement' but I like that you actually VTL'd user while stating that. 

You are still someone I scumread overall now, based on this, but the scumread is only nullified by the fact you actually did VTL User. Why are you not digging into why he said he will 'play safe'? Why only that he said everyone is voting Supadudz? Also, last game User got many things wrong and even unvoted his character counterclaim as a town power role, so you shouldn't scumread ignorance by User_2006, he's prone to misreading situations in my opinion.
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@RationalMadman
@PressF4Respect
Thank you!
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@RationalMadman
I think Croc realized that his gameplay last time was extremely bad.