Mask Poll

Author: sadolite

Total: 36
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
Would you wear a mask for the rest of your life if the same "health experts" that are telling you to wear a mask now tell you you have to wear one forever to make sure this never happens again? 
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
I don't even wear one now except when my employer requires me to so... No.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
No. I will not wear a mask for the rest of my life. 

Adults and CNN don't understand the mental toll this has on lots of young people. They blame them for this entire thing, but I doubt Anderson Cooper couldn't attend his senior year homecoming or graduation due to something out of his control. Adults don't understand the mental toll it has. I'm glad I have a Dad that does understand the mental toll it has

Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Vader
Mental toll?
Barney
Debates: 49
Barney
I got mistaken for 28 when I tried to hit on women my own age, and I never want to be mistaken for 30 (well at least not until I'm in my 40's). So wearing a mask to protect my face from the sun, seems like a fine idea so long as it's socially acceptable.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
yes people wore masks in the spansih flu for 2 years
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@sadolite
..."Would you wear a mask for the rest of your life if the same "health experts" that are telling you to wear a mask now tell you you have to wear one forever to make sure this never happens again?"...

I have to wear a mask, but there are times I dont.  Nobody likes wearing a mask for hours and hours, and nobody is perfect.

So change your scenario to, if we know the kind of mask we're wearing is to keep us from dying ---and otherwise we're in good health---  then people are going to sometimes make a descission based on frustration with whatever kind of mask it could be and remove the mask, and die immediately, or in 8 hrs, or 24hrs or whatever.

So circumstances and context and nature of individual and what their limits are all come into play.

So sadolite, if you know you will die in 3 days if you remove your mask, what amount of time before you become so frustrate with with wearing a mask before you take it off?  5 minutes, 24 hrs, 1 week, 1 year etc.

Every human has their limits, within whatever context/circumstance/situations/environment etc. 
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Vader
I am 55 and I consider it a form of torture. It's inhuman to make a person wear a muzzle over their face that restricts  breathing 8 hours a day 5 days a week or more.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@ebuc
Its a dumb analogy, you cant predict when you will die. Me personally, I have accepted that killer viruses are part of life on earth and there is no point in destroying everyone's financial futures to try and not get them. Shutting down business has caused infinitely more human suffering than corona virus ever will. People who say its better to err on the side of caution never have any skin in the game and nothing to loose by doing so.  Untold millions have everything to loose by erring on the side of caution. Better for those who would die from the virus to die than those who wont and have their entire financial future destroyed.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
I say NO. 

Forever? I will only wear it when diseases appear. This is if the disease is similar to the one we have now. In fact, most diseases that are different compared to Covid19, may not even be blocked by the mask. 

I'd say wearing a mask at the cleanest places would make me look like a jerk. 

I would rather wear it and off free will. The "No" option does not equal to NEVER wear one because semantics. 
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@sadolite
So you refuse to answer the scenario as laid out clearly for you.  Come back and talk to me when you want to answer the question posed to you, with rational, logical common sense reply.  Think you can do that? No? I didnt think so.
Vader
Vader
-->
@sadolite
They expect us to swim with masks on
WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
-->
@sadolite
This scenario is completely unreasonable. Why the hell would I wear a mask when there's no disease? I know this is meant to be sarcastic but you do know that the doctors aren't telling you to where a mask to harm you or are just doing it on a whim for the fun of it. It's because they have scientific proof that wearing a mask helps prevent spreading of corona, or will you tell me that's not real either.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@ebuc
I answered your question, you just don't like the answer
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@WaterPhoenix
Why is the scenario completely unreasonable? Viruses are a part of life on earth. Viruses are everywhere all the time waiting for a hoast to infect. Wearing a mask continuously would help prevent any new pandemics from happening so we can make sure this never happens again
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@sadolite
MOre BS from Sadoltie, you respeonded, you did not answer the question as posed to you in prior message #7.  Educate yourself on the differrence between what and answer is to a spsecific question and a response.  I thouught you were maybe above some of the cluelless we have running loose here at DArt.

You lack kahunas and spinal chord to answer question as posed to  you is staring to put in same class of clueless.

If you know you will die within relatively short time, how long do you wear the mask?  You cant eve give us a rough estimate?  Lame

It is obvious, that you would not even wear the mask at all.  Get real dude.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@ebuc
How do I know when I am going to die? Doctors say people will die all the time and they live for decades
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@ebuc
I wear a mask when I cut granite with an angle grinder.

WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
-->
@sadolite
haha very funny. i think you're intelligent how unreasonable that is. why weren't we wearing masks everyday before the pandemic began? if there's no virus, unless you were sick or were a doctor, there's absolutely no reason to wear a mask. if you practice proper hygiene you probably won't get infected. but with the coronavirus you need to wear the mask so you can even further lower the chance to be contaminated as WE CANT CURE IT. it's better to be safe sorry and in a case where sorry means you end up dead, just wear the damn mask.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@sadolite
.."How do I know when I am going to die? Doctors say people will die all the time and they live for decades"..

Ha, your ego still afraid --no kahauna's or spinal chord-- to answer the sceario as posed to you and even after I had to give the correct answer for you. NO!

It is obvious, that you would not even wear the mask at all even if you knew you would die within 2 weeks. Get real dude.

Whens the last time you cut granite 24 hrs a day for two weeks?  Never.  The mask is off and your dead in the scenario I presented End of sadolite story.

Here lies the person that  would rather die, than wear a mask more than 10 - 24 hrs.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Vader
They also expect you to swim with trunks/shorts on....Not being naked has become the accepted norm.....So why wouldn't wearing  a mask become the accepted norm too?

It's just another cover up item.

Vader
Vader
-->
@zedvictor4
Lol are you seriously saying swim with a mask? You already can’t breathe under water but to restrict that flow even more by wearing a mask is madness. What about professional swimmers. That’s a death sentence for them. It cuts off airflow, causing suffocation in a quicker time
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Vader
If you cannot breathe underwater then you cannot breathe under water...But that was neither the issue nor the point....And professional underwater swimmers generally tend to wear breathing apparatus anyway...And the focus has somewhat shifted from the psychological trauma of wearing a mask to the problems that underwater swimmers face.

I was merely suggesting that what isn't currently the social norm will eventually become the accepted social norm....A bit like the new ignorance that has become the new norm associated with the evolution of mobile devices.
BearMan
Debates: 16
BearMan
Survival of the fittest. Those who have masks survive, those who don't well they spread and die. 

26 days later

skittlez09
Debates: 1
skittlez09
-->
@sadolite
lol currently i only wear face masks when i have too ex. inside stores or near large crowds of mask wearers 

but whenever i walk around town i almost never wear one 

105 days later

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@sadolite

Sadolite, this one is for your soul s creative spirit of visual sound, laughter and other social dilemma distancing reality.

Music for the angels on Earth
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@ebuc
Turned it off after the beginning credits 5 seconds in to the song. Ultra Gay
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@sadolite
Sad :--(
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@ebuc

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@sadolite
Sounds like a cousin to Ozzy Osbourne and 70's Black Sabbath that I listen to when they first came out.

I would say your a confused individual at best and at worst.......?

I recall interview with Black Sabbath members here few years back, and one of them was saying how that was time of these bands seeing who could be most crazy.  So he then goes on to say how, one day they come to the hotel room and Ozzy is already there and has taken a crap in middle of rug, and the smeared crap all over the walls.

He then goes on to say how it was just too much for some of them, and I forget if he said they felt sick or something another and left the room.