Why Didn't God Write the Bible?

Author: Goldtop

Total: 110
Goldtop
Debates: 0
Goldtop
God can do anything except write a book, the most important book ever according to theists had to be left up to humans, which makes it appear that God had nothing to do with the Bible.
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@Goldtop
Omnipotence means God wrote the OP.

Mopac
Mopac

"All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made."
Mopac
Mopac
"For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist."

Mopac
Mopac
"Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself; That frustrateth the tokens of the liars, and maketh diviners mad; that turneth wise men backward, and maketh their knowledge foolish"

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Mopac
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made

This is a claim. When one makes a positive claim one shoulders the burden of proof. Can you demonstrate that reality makes things rather than simply containing things?
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Mopac
Also why he and him? Seems an odd way to refer to the truth, whatever that may be.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@secularmerlin

Also why he and him? Seems an odd way to refer to the truth, whatever that may be.

Yet theology has never had a problem understanding that God  cannot be considered male or female.

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Mopac
Citation needed

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@secularmerlin
"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."

Both male and female are created in the image of God.

"in divinitate enim nullus est sexus"

eash
eash
-->
@secularmerlin

Forum posts: 994
Added: 10.07.18 01:30AM
--> @Mopac

why do use  me, myself and i?
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Mopac
"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."

Both male and female are created in the image of God.

"in divinitate enim nullus est sexus"

The bible can and is interpereted in many ways and christian theology is far from the only branch of theology. Also if some god(s) made male and female both surely that implies a hermaphrodite (both male and female)? And finally never is a long time are you really really sure that the iron age savages who actually wrote the bible thought of their god(s) as niether male nor female?
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@eash
I'm not sure but none of those pronouns suggest anything about the entity being referred to other than to be self referential.
eash
eash
-->
@Goldtop
God can do anything except write a book, the most important book ever according to theists had to be left up to humans, which makes it appear that God had nothing to do with the Bible.

// HE HAD them write text of their witnessing HIM. this appeance of their witnessing is there in the bible. the re editing of the first writers text by men causes the bible to have conflicts and mistakes. everyone who studies the text knows the 1611 translators gave 4 reasons as to anyone knowing the story are able to edit the story.
  if i were to say a male is Divine. would you trust my editing?
  the translators called a male "Divine" with a D

there is truth in your words to say their are mistakes in the bible to doubt the bible. people likethe sugar they read, but you finding the over salted words makes you truthful in your statement.
  since you know of over salted words. the others words about our CREATOR you should besaying have a hint of being true.

eash
eash
-->
@secularmerlin
yes, this is man's reasoning of different meaning to relate the state of man's expression. thus the reason men did write the words HE and HIM in the text. 
and your words are true saying God didnt write the bible. men did.
eash
eash
-->
@secularmerlin
we know savages did not write the text in the bible. let me see you come up with a language you can and are using with others. tand then make that language expressed with symbols to be made into a written language.

this is why speak makes man different from all moving creatures on earth. yet the making of a written language does move this man up higher then the savages that could not write or read.

usless you are defining savage different then i just did. please define your understanding of the knowledge base of a savage.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@secularmerlin
I wouldn't call those who wrote the bible iron age savages.

Why don't you ask a Rabbi? They will tell you the same thing I am. God is not a male or female.

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@eash
Savage has many uses. It can refer to the severity of an act for example (example: The beating was savage). In the context of my post it is merely a subject comparison between the misogynistic warlike superstitious tribes 9f the past (however learned they were) and pur modern society. People in a thousand years may refer to us as savages and subjectively they may be correct.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Mopac
I my ask rose ends when I next converse with him but even if you are right that only resolves one of the issues that I brought up. By the way I consider any society that uses execution as a punishment for minor infractions savage and the bible was I believe written in the iron age.
eash
eash
-->
@secularmerlin
your savage leans me to think your speaking of a beings actions. if they were all beating each other trust in one another could not bring about a defined trusted written language.
thus the bible text shows us over a thousand years there was a hebrew written language and savages would have been the lower class within nation of Israel.

therefore savages would not have written the text over a thousand years. but men holding on to the trust of their written language before them shows savages did not write the text in the bible.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@eash
As I said this is subjective. In comparison with modern first world countries the Hebrews were savages. Compared with the Hebrews aboriginal societies and Neolithic peoples were savages. In any case the use of execution as a punishment for minor infractions is a savage practice and any society that does so is a savage nation.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@eash
/ HE HAD them write text of their witnessing HIM. this appeance of their witnessing is there in the bible.

This is as close as anyone here who has attempted to answer the question.

Are you claiming each and every author of the Bible was writing what they observed? How did the authors observe God creating the Earth and everything on it? Why are there no verses from Adam and Eve?
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
I wouldn't call those who wrote the bible iron age savages.

Bronze Age savages, then?
eash
eash
-->
@secularmerlin
the text in the bible lets us know the descendants for Ham/Canaan and Japhets (noahs sons) did fall into a people/nations without being able to keep a written record over time. in fact the bible tells us they were having sex with animals. and we have no written records from them aka,  ameleks and philistines.

but the bible gives us a people who witnessed OUR CREATOR AS A BEING WHO MADE everything. because they themselves had to want to bring their sin offering to a TENT/HOUSE to be FORGIVEN BY HIM. this shows a willingness of their righteous truth wanted to obey YHVH.
  it is these people who first penned the words into a record for their descendants to trust and live by. thus they had high morals and a willingness to obey YHVH'S COMMANDS. not savages. but a nation of people all willing to do such sin offering shows many people understood their forefathers did the same because they witnessed YHVH. for they knew HIS TENT/HOUSE is for MEETING WITH HIM. not a temple where people placed an image of a gOd and then came into that temple to bow down as a symbolic meaning to worship it.

there is moregoing on in the bible then what your claiming
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@eash
but the bible gives us a people who witnessed OUR CREATOR AS A BEING WHO MADE everything.
But, if those people weren't created yet, how is it possible they observed God creating everything?

eash
eash
-->
@Goldtop

Are you claiming each and every author of the Bible was writing what they observed?
// kind of. i am saying the frist witnesses did write about a CREATOR they seen and witnessed. over time others came in and re edited the text for another gOd. i show this in a topic i started.

How did the authors observe God creating the Earth and everything on it? Why are there no verses from Adam and Eve?
// this goes to the point i a making YHVH THEE CREATOR of everything had these men write their witnessing of HIM. they could not come up with a story on their own. this is part of the reasoning why the bible is different then all other so called religions.

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@eash
this goes to the point i a making YHVH THEE CREATOR of everything had these men write their witnessing of HIM.
So. you're claiming the authors of the Bible were created before the Earth, before Adam and Eve, and they hung around in a void watching God creating the Universe and everything in it?

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@eash
the text in the bible lets us know

I'm going to go ahead and stop you right there. The bible is the claim not the evidence and unless you can demonstrate that it is more than a work of fiction/mythology it doesn't matter what the bible tells us.
PGA2.0
Debates: 7
PGA2.0
-->
@Goldtop
The Bible throughout claims to be a written revelation regarding Him and His relationship with humanity that was written through human beings who He revealed Himself through. There are over 1,000 times where it says that God spoke. There is a test there - will you believe or not? That same test is present throughout Scripture starting in the Garden when the serpent said to Eve, "Did God really say...?" The problem arises from this point in time when Adam disobeyed God. When Adam decided to know the difference between good and evil relativism was born. We lost the ability to think objectively unless we think God's thoughts after Him in the area of morality.

So, God chose to reveal Himself to humanity via human beings who were inspired by His Spirit to write what He wanted us to hear. You have a volition that chooses. 
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@eash
The earliest proto hebrew written language is dated around 800BC.