ILikePie5
Cause of the Middle East and the shithole it is
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@ILikePie5
Cause of the Middle East and the shithole it is
so because the middle east is a "shithole" that means america has to funnel billions of tax dollars into israel? That doesn't make any sense. 

ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
so because the middle east is a "shithole" that means america has to funnel billions of tax dollars into israel? That doesn't make any sense. 
It’s called having an ally in the region that has faced the problems for half a decade and knows the Muslims
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
I know you want to abolish Israel. That’s fine. It’s your opinion. Just know the Palestinian leaders and their supporters in the Middle East want the same thing
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ILikePie5
It’s called having an ally in the region that has faced the problems for half a decade and knows the Muslims
Ok, but america could just as easily make those muslim countries allies. Choosing to back one repressive regime over another doesn't make all that much sense. Especially when the repressive regime being backed by the US requires billions and billions of US tax dollars to keep it afloat. 

I know you want to abolish Israel. That’s fine. It’s your opinion. Just know the Palestinian leaders and their supporters in the Middle East want the same thing
I have never said that. I have said that Israel should have to give back the Palestinian land they have stolen. And having a blank check from the US government to be as repressive as they want and still get billions of US tax dollars doesn't help the situation. It makes sure the Israeli's have no reason to ever negotiate in good faith. They can steal more land from the Palestinians and also get paid billions by the US while they do it. 

By blindly supporting Israel, the US helps to ensure no permanent solution can ever be found. It just deadlocks the middle east. 
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@ILikePie5
How is Israel being an ally beneficial to the United States?  They don't give us anything in return.  All they do to the US is they use our taxpayer money and we don't get anything out of it.  If anything, our relationship with the middle east is being harmed by it, with exceptions going to Saudi Arabia.  Why we are allies with Saudi Arabia, I have no idea either.  Lets not be allies with any nation that takes tax dollars from the US and doesn't give us anything in return.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
Ok, but america could just as easily make those muslim countries allies. Choosing to back one repressive regime over another doesn't make all that much sense. Especially when the repressive regime being backed by the US requires billions and billions of US tax dollars to keep it afloat. 
Which Muslim country? Saudi Arabia? Oh wait...

If we leave Israel it wouldn’t be long before it gets destroyed by the radical Islamists.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@TheUnderdog
How is Israel being an ally beneficial to the United States?  They don't give us anything in return. 
Really? What about a Base of Operations against Iran? What about intelligence from one of the world’s best: The Mossad? These people know how to fight the radical Islamists because they’ve been doing it for years. Perfect allies imo.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ILikePie5
Which Muslim country? Saudi Arabia? Oh wait...
Saudi Arabia is also a US ally

If we leave Israel it wouldn’t be long before it gets destroyed by the radical Islamists.
As it is, yeah. Israel acts like assholes because they know the US will bail them out of any problem. The US should made aid contingent on them not acting like dicks. If they want to continue to try to annex Palestine, then they are deciding they want to go it alone. If they are destroyed, then it would be their own doing. 

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
Saudi Arabia is also a US ally
I know it is, but I vaguely remember how you were saying we shouldn’t be helping them with weapons and stuff. Why can’t we be allies with both the Israelis and the Saudis?

As it is, yeah. Israel acts like assholes because they know the US will bail them out of any problem. The US should made aid contingent on them not acting like dicks. If they want to continue to try to annex Palestine, then they are deciding they want to go it alone. If they are destroyed, then it would be their own doing.
Glad to know you support the destruction of Israel
Barney
Debates: 49
Barney
In short, key factors include intelligence sharing and ideological unity: https://www.businessinsider.com/us-israel-allies-2017-2

If it might overall be a waste of money, does not change the existence of reasons for such expenditure.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@ILikePie5
These people know how to fight the radical Islamists because they’ve been doing it for years.
What they have been telling us hasn't worked.  We have been in Iraq for 18 years or so and ISIS still isn't destroyed.  I think the more we fight in the middle east, the more ISIS gets recruitment because although most Muslims see ISIS as bad, they see the US involvement in the middle east as worse.  When we have killed more innocent civilians than ISIS has, it's easy to see their point.  

The War on terror is a counterproductive failure that has resulted in more terror because of US involvement.  If we pulled out of the region, the locals would hate us less, and things would eventually go back to the way they were, more or less.  I think the War in Iraq is more like the Vietnam war than the Korean war.

The Iraq war is certainly not putting America first either since we spend trillions on a war that is dragging us further into debt.  Trump said he would put America first and he has yet to do that with the Iraq War.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@TheUnderdog
The Iraq war is certainly not putting America first either since we spend trillions on a war that is dragging us further into debt.  Trump said he would put America first and he has yet to do that with the Iraq War.
He tries to. He removed troops from Syria: uproar on both sides of the aisle. He’s trying to remove troops from Afghanistan: uproar on both sides. When he has Congress at his heals there’s only so much he can do legally.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@ILikePie5
When he has Congress at his heals there’s only so much he can do legally.
He could pull troops out of the middle east and if the democrats try to accuse him of something from it, he could respond, "Well, you asked for it, so here you go".  The GOP is basically Trump's party so they ought to go along with the pulling out of troops.  He could dejustify US intervention in other countries and hopefully that works.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@TheUnderdog
He could pull troops out of the middle east and if the democrats try to accuse him of something from it, he could respond, "Well, you asked for it, so here you go".  The GOP is basically Trump's party so they ought to go along with the pulling out of troops.  He could dejustify US intervention in other countries and hopefully that works.
Democrats have the media backing them up which gaslights the entire nation. He does it anyways. The GOP is filled with Deep State agents that want Trump to fail. They’re masters of hiding it. Why do you think Lindsey Graham went from hating Trump to being his b****? He knew he’d get primaried as soon as 2020 came. I promise you Mitt Romney will get primaried in 2024 for the exact same reason. 
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@ILikePie5
@HistoryBuff
It is because they throw some wicked dance parties!

Google "dancing Israelis".
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@TheUnderdog

Both parties are bought by the military-industrial complex. The Democrats might give more lip service to withdrawal, but both parties will come together to keep troops there indefinitely when tested.

Trump, not the Republican party, wanted to take about 1/3 of our troops from Afghanistan. Democrats AND Republicans blocked it.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@bmdrocks21
It is because they throw some wicked dance parties!

Google "dancing Israelis".
😂😂😂
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
Both parties are bought by the military-industrial complex. The Democrats might give more lip service to withdrawal, but both parties will come together to keep troops there indefinitely when tested.

I'm absolutely 100% convinced Trump kept Bolton on until the warhawks figured out he wasn't going to play the game with DC. Then there was no need for Bolton.

Also used Bolton as a barking dog to get Iran to back down and stop with the terrorism bullshit in the ME.

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
because at some point, Israel was the most powerful country in the region but not anymore
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheUnderdog
theres tons of more reasons but nobody likes israel and israel isnt a democratic gem in a sea of dictators anymore, its hundreds of millions of people against 8 million
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@HistoryBuff

Why doesn't it make sense to you?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@HistoryBuff
Ok, but america could just as easily make those muslim countries allies.

Because they cannot be trusted . Remember Arafat after the Oslo Accord was signed? 

"I see this agreement as being no more than the agreement signed between our Prophet Muhammad and the Quraysh in Mecca… The prophet had been right to insist on the agreement, for it helped him defeat the Quraysh and take over their city of Mecca. In a similar spirit, we now accept the peace agreement, but [only in order]to continue on the road to Jerusalem". 

He was referring to Hudaibiyah, history buff.
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@HistoryBuff
Why do I keep finding history to be contrary to your claims?

David purchased, with 50 shekels of silver, Araunah's [a Jebusite king] expansive threshing floor, leveled and cleared from what was once Mt. Moriah, and surrounding land, where Abraham is said to have intended to sacrifice his son, Isaac generations previous, and which David, through his son, Solomon, eventually had built Solomon's Temple, and the place is now called the Temple Mount. Once purchased by David, no subsequent purchase of the property has ever occurred. The Palestinian's, and then others, occupied that property and claim it today. Let them show their deed. They do not have one.

A side note: a threshing floor is where wheat grain is separated from chaff [refuse], and the same occurs figuratively in the temple to the human soul. 
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@HistoryBuff
If they want to continue to try to annex Palestine
As I said above [post 25] David owns the property deed. Time is immaterial. There are two legitimate means to obtain property: Buy it outright [David did], or inherit it from a deceased owner. Anything else, such as occupation by force, is a counterfeit deed. So, what "annex?" The Jews already own it, outright.  Tell me I'm wrong, and back it up. Or, shall I just come occupy your property, if you own one?
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@TheUnderdog
and giving people who are lazy a living wage is not a waste of money?
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@fauxlaw
If your referring to the minimum wage, I oppose the minimum wage as well, did a segment on that.  Forgot where it was though.  But try and stay on topic.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@TheUnderdog
No, I am not referring to min wage, which I find curious that is has so much support among Democrats. It's a low goal. Why should they clamor for min wage when they have, contrary to Oba'a, access, by ambition, to an unlimited money supply, and they want minimum wage? My topic was a living wage for all 9which must be higher than a minimum wage, because min wage was never, and will never be a wage meant to sustain a family according to its originating law, the Fair labor Act of 1938. As for topic, that's for debate. The forum is a free expression. of ideas.
triangle.128k
triangle.128k
-->
@fauxlaw
David purchased, with 50 shekels of silver, Araunah's [a Jebusite king] expansive threshing floor, leveled and cleared from what was once Mt. Moriah, and surrounding land, where Abraham is said to have intended to sacrifice his son, Isaac generations previous, and which David, through his son, Solomon, eventually had built Solomon's Temple, and the place is now called the Temple Mount. Once purchased by David, no subsequent purchase of the property has ever occurred. The Palestinian's, and then others, occupied that property and claim it today. Let them show their deed. They do not have one.

A side note: a threshing floor is where wheat grain is separated from chaff [refuse], and the same occurs figuratively in the temple to the human soul. 
1. The Temple Mont is not the entire land of Palestine.

2. You're claiming this as a Christian but according to Christianity, God's chosen people are the Christians - not those who reject Christ (modern day Jews). The land therefore belongs to the Christians, of whom the Palestinian Christians are persecuted in by the state of Israeel through their settlement policies. 
Jewish claimants to the land are completely null.

It truly is amazing how many so called "Christians" in the west have been brainwashed by Zionist propaganda.