When Will They Ever Get It Right

Author: Stephen

Total: 63
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
This thread ties in nicely with another thread that  I have created to do with the diminishing of Christianity and what has been argued on that thread here #1

The times Christians and others have predicted the "second coming" and been left with egg on their faces is absolutely mind numbing. 

Hippolytus of Rome along with Sextus Julius Africanus & Irenaeus appear to be the first recorded prediction   which a date of the year 500 was predicted.  This prediction was based one nothing else but the measurements of Noah's Ark.  This turned out to be a no show.

Then came Beatus of Liébana who was adamant that the "return" of Jesus would happen in the month of  April in the year 793. And threw in the "end of the world" would also happen. 

Then there was another 12 failed predictions that took us up to the early 1800's and in that stretch of time there were 9! failed predictions for the second coming of the Christ.

Now, predictions stretched into the  1900's with  Catholic Apostolic Church .  This church,  claimed that Jesus would return by the time the last of its 12 founding members died. The last member died in 1901...... when , not unsurprisingly there was no appearance of Jesus.

And there was some 15 predictions   for the coming of the Christ Jesus for the years 1900 and 2000. And they  too came and went.  that's 15 more no shows. 

Then another 9 more failed predictions including the return of Christ in   September 2011 - 20012 and 2013.

This  takes us up nicely to our time where - in our time  more predictions for the second coming have been made.

Jeane Dixon
The alleged psychic claimed that Armageddon would take place in 2020 and Jesus would return to defeat the unholy Trinity of the AntichristSatan and the False prophet between 2020 and 2037.[37]
F. Kenton "Doc" Beshore
Beshore bases his prediction on the prior suggestion that Jesus could return in 1988, i.e., within one Biblical generation (40 years) of the founding of Israel in 1948. Beshore argues that the prediction was correct, but that the definition of a Biblical generation was incorrect and was actually 70–80 years, placing the Second Coming of Jesus between 2018 and 2028 and the Rapture by 2021 at the latest.[38]
Unsealed World News
A number of Christians believe that the Revelation 12 Sign (as popularised by the site Unsealed.org) marks the year of the Rapture, and that after a seven-year tribulation period the Second Coming of Jesus would occur. This seven-year span would also be marked by the 2017 Great American Eclipse and the subsequent 2024 American Eclipse.
Alice A. Bailey
In January 1946, the New Age Theosophical guru prophesied that Christ would return "sometime after AD 2025":530 (Theosophists identify "Christ" as being identical to a being they call Maitreya) to inaugurate the Age of Aquarius; thus, this event will be, according to Bailey, the New Age equivalent of the Christian concept of the Second Coming).Alice A. Bailey stated that St. Germain is the manager of the executive council of the Christ (Like C.W. Leadbeater, Alice A. Bailey refers to St. Germain as the Master Rakoczi or the Master R. in her books);:508 thus, according to Alice A. Bailey, St. Germain's primary task is to prepare the way for the Second Coming.
Jakob Lorber
Austrian musician who wrote during 24 years a vast number of works later called the New Revelation, claimed to be received through an inner voice which belonged to Jesus Christ, offered many detailed prophecies concerning the unfolding of the Second Coming, pointing to a time before the passing of 2,000 years after the death of Christ on the cross (note that most scholars assume a date of birth of Jesus between 6 BC and 4 BC).
By 2057
Frank J. Tipler
In 1994, the physicist Frank J. Tipler published a book called The Physics of Immortality, in which he claimed to scientifically prove the existence of God as a consequence of what he calls the Omega Point Theory. In 2007, he published a sequel to The Physics of Immortality called The Physics of Christianity, which applies the principles of the Omega Point Theory to the Christian religion. In this 2007 book, he asserts in the first chapter that the Second Coming of Christ will occur within 50 years, i.e., by 2057, and will be coincident with what futurist Ray Kurzweil calls the Singularity (which Kurzweil himself predicts will occur by 2045).

swows9
swows9
-->
@Stephen
This thread ties in nicely with another thread that  I have created to do with the diminishing of Christianity and what has been argued on that thread here #1
Quite so, and Christians will always make predictions as to the alleged second coming and always get egg on their faces.

Which doesn't make much difference anyway since they continually have egg on their faces through persistantly insisting that the world is 8000 years old, that life was created and there is a God.

And would they even notice? 

You could hold a mirror to their faces and they would totally deny that their faces are completely yellow.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@swows9
Quite so.

The point I was making is that on the thread mentioned above , a claim -second from last line down at post  #8 - is also made about the return of Jesus, and what can only be described as a 'sign'/prediction, of his return.

One would have thought that predictions concerning the return of Jesus was a bad idea in the 21st century, but prophecy, even shite one's,  would be better left in the past, but it appears that Christians are just gluttons for failure.

Would I be a prophet if I were to predict that all of those future predictions will also fail to come to fruition? We are 7 months in to 2020 and I believe that Jean Dixon's prophecy that  Armageddon would take place in 2020 and Jesus would return to defeat the unholy Trinity will fall flat on its face along with the hundreds of other prophecies of the "return".

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
The Bible itself says no one knows the time, and that anyone saying he knows should be dismissed. So doesn't that just make the Bible correct?

None of the "predictions" you listed were made by Christianity or even Christians. Jane Dixon? Really?

Perhaps you aren't aware that no one is supposed to know. Or are you just greatly impressed that the Bible has been proven right repeatedly?
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
Exactly.....You do not know......It's taken a long time for you to admit it.....But well done.

And the nature of  a mythological hypothesis is that it contains elements of reality/correctness.... So the Abrahamic tales and Christian claims are nothing special.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
The Bible itself says no one knows the time, and that anyone saying he knows should be dismissed. So doesn't that just make the Bible correct?
It does but it hasn't stopped the likes of Jehovah Witnesses getting in on the failed prediction bullshite act has it. They are Christians,  aren't they?

None of the "predictions" you listed were made by Christianity or even Christians. Jane Dixon? Really?

I also wrote "and others" , . this is not to mention that Sextus Julius Africanus who I have mentioned was a Christian  historian as was  Irenaeus who was brought up in a Christian. I also mentioned St Beatus of Liébana he was a christian  , theologian and geographer. Hippolytus of Rome  was one of the most important second-third century Christian theologians.

There were others that I didn't mention such as Pope Sylvester II  predicted Jan 1000, John Wesley predicted 1836, Catholic Apostolic Church predicted 1901 and the very famous Jehovah's Witnesses who predicted 1914.  ALL ARE  Christians .  They too must have , just like you, failed to read and understand the bible too.

Perhaps you aren't aware that no one is supposed to know. Or are you just greatly impressed that the Bible has been proven right repeatedly?

Right about what? The bible hasn't been proven right at all, you idiot. Those predictions made by MANY CHRISTIANS, have failed to materialise and the people who made those predictions were wrong. Their miserable failures do not make the bible right about anything.   Or are you saying that the Christ Jesus the Jew, King of the Jews and Jewish Rabbi has "returned"  and even you don't know about it?

Here . I know you like Wikipedia... but only when it suites you. So read how silly and bible ignorant Christians are for yourself. 

Predictions and claims for the Second Coming of Christ

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
Exactly.....You do not know......It's taken a long time for you to admit it.....But well done.
Do you know what we're talking about homer? When Jesus will return. I don't know and have never claimed to know. Wake up.

So the Abrahamic tales and Christian claims are nothing special.
Right. Human history is divided by Christian claims. All great human literature has been influenced by it. All great architecture. Every language on earth bares its mark, today it has more converts than any other religion by far, and 2, 000 years later, you, and avowed atheist, is parked on a religion board talking about it, but it's nothing special.

Lol, OK.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
The Bible itself says no one knows the time, and that anyone saying he knows should be dismissed. So doesn't that just make the Bible correct?

It does but it hasn't stopped the likes of Jehovah Witnesses getting in on the failed prediction bullshite act has it.
The bible itself foretells that many will try to predict it. So they have been wrong, just as the bible said.

They are Christians,  aren't they?
Err. No. But even if they were, it would still not be the bible (Christianity).

I also wrote "and others"...
So what do the failed predictions of "others" have to do with Christianity?

Right about what? The bible hasn't been proven right at all, you idiot. Those predictions made by MANY CHRISTIANS, have failed to materialise and the people who made those predictions were wrong. 
Just as the bible said they would be. Lol. The people making predictions have been proven wrong. The bible said they would be. Where is your difficulty?

The only predictions and claims I'm interested in are the ones made by the bible.

The bible says no one knows. Yet here you are trying to blame the same bible because .....no one knows! Are you daft?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
I'm referring to tales and associated claims.....Not architecture...LOL

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
I'm referring to tales and associated claims.....Not architecture...LOL
Those "tales and associated claims" are all over your architecture. Your language. Your art. Your history. But they're nothing special.

OK genius.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
Where?

All religions, histories and architectural styles get a look in...It's the unavoidable nature of things......There is nothing special that singles out Christianity.....Other than the biased nature of your thought processes.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
When a Muslim says to you, "1934", what does he mean?

If you were asked to list two great works of art, or literature, or architecture, what would you say?

You can play the obtuse game because it soothes your irrational worldview, but I don't have to. How much Australian aborigine dreamtime architectural influence do you find in the buildings of Florence Italy?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
A Muslim has never said 1934 to me....Muslims tend to chat about all the usual day to day stuff, the same as most people do.

Art appreciation is very specific to the viewer, though I appreciate skill in all art styles.

Literature is very specific to the reader, I prefer informative stuff and have a particular interest in  accounts of life in Europe and on the Eastern Front during WW11....Though, I would say that the key to good literature is readability. 

Architectural aesthetics are also very specific to the viewer.....Though architecture inevitably inherits it's basic principles of structure from techniques established way before Christianity.

And the World and therefore literature, art and architecture are far bigger than Christendom, and human history therein, predates Christianity by millennia.

I reiterate that you simply hold a biased and therefore inaccurate opinion relative to a conditioned mindset.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
The Bible itself says no one knows the time, and that anyone saying he knows should be dismissed. So doesn't that just make the Bible correct?

No. It makes those CHRISTIANS who made these predictions wrong. And goes nowhere in proving the bible right.

For you and the bible to be right as in what you are  claiming, you have to show us when and where in the New Testament that Jesus tells of Christians or anyone else,in the future, predicting his return. You haven't done this. it is just another one of your easily lies.  

It does but it hasn't stopped the likes of Jehovah Witnesses getting in on the failed prediction bullshite act has it.
The bible itself foretells that many will try to predict it. So they have been wrong, just as the bible said.

Ok. Then let us see those verses where Jesus in the bible "foretells" of the many that will try predicting his return".

Jehovah Witnesses getting in on the failed prediction bullshite act has it. They are Christians,  aren't they?They are Christians aren't they?
Err. No. But even if they were, it would still not be the bible (Christianity).

So here you are AGAIN denying the cold hard  facts. Who the hell are you to say who  is or isn't Christian!?  And do you realise that you have just wiped away 8 + million Christians from the Christian congregation with that stupid statement. That will be the same Christian congregation that you are adamant is growing!!  My,  is it any wonder that Christians are on the decline and the churches closing down all over the globe .#35 #37 

I also wrote "and others"...
So what do the failed predictions of "others" have to do with Christianity?

About the same as Pope Sylvester II, Christian Bishop the Roman Catholic Church. He got it wrong too.

Right about what? The bible hasn't been proven right at all, you idiot. Those predictions made by MANY CHRISTIANS, have failed to materialise and the people who made those predictions were wrong. 
Just as the bible said they would be.

Yes you have suggested this twice now so lets have the chapter and verse/s where the Christ foretells that people in the future will predict his return and get it wrong every time. so again;  Where in the New Testament does Jesus tell of Christians or anyone else in the future, predicting his return and would be wrong. ?

The only predictions and claims I'm interested in are the ones made by the bible.
Yes we all know that. It is just that you said:........
  ethang5 Wrote: None of the "predictions" you listed were made by Christianity or even Christians.#4

.......and I have shown you AGAIN to be totally wrong AGAIN.   This then causes you to make false claims about the bible and Jesus and lie about about the content of those links that show you to be absolutely averse, not to mention ignorant, to the facts. 

The bible says no one knows. Yet here you are trying to blame the same bible

Blame the bible!!! for what?  You just cannot get it through your own dense pile that because those CHRISTIANS failed to predict the second coming, does not and cannot mean that the bible is correct.  So for the THIRD time,  let us see those verses where the bible "foretells of the many that will try" to predict his return .

Where in the New Testament does Jesus tell of Christians or anyone else, in the future, predicting his return. You haven't done this.

Stephen
Stephen

ethang5 wrote;  Those "tales and associated claims" are all over your architecture.

zedvictor4 wrote : I'm referring to tales and associated claims.....Not architecture...LOL

ethang5 wrote;   Right. Human history is divided by Christian claims. All great human literature has been influenced by it. All great architecture.OK genius.

So the Great Egyptian pyramids were all "influenced" by Christianity? I see.  What about the Neo-Sumerian ziggurat of Iraq?  Or what about Göbekli Tepe in Turkey? 
This is not to mention the hundreds of cities and structures of  South America, China and  India? And  that ALL came before a single Christian landed on the planet!  

Your sheer desperation to right is mind-blowing  and bordering  psychosis, ethang5.  It is more than simple denial, it is a blatant refusal and unwillingness to accept reality.  This is what causes you to  tell lies..... repeatedly. 

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
A Muslim has never said 1934 to me....Muslims tend to chat about all the usual day to day stuff, the same as most people do.
That you have to dodge is sufficient.

Art appreciation is very specific to the viewer, though I appreciate skill in all art styles.
I spoke about art, not its appreciation. That you have to dodge is sufficient.

I reiterate that you simply hold a biased and therefore inaccurate opinion relative to a conditioned mindset.
Were that true, or even at least believed by you, you'd see no need to dodge. That too is sufficient to demonstrate my case. Thank.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
No. It makes those CHRISTIANS who made these predictions wrong. And goes nowhere in proving the bible right.
It was the bible correctly saying they would be wrong homer. Think about it a little, I promise, it won't hurt.

Ok.
Thanks. Did that hurt?

Who the hell are you to say who  is or isn't Christian!?
Nobody. But the word Christian has a meaning. That meaning is defined by the bible, and that meaning isn't flexible.

And do you realise that you have just wiped away 8 + million Christians from the Christian congregation with that stupid statement. 
You asked me a question homer. Answers you like are not the only correct ones. Only God can add or remove a person from the congregation of Christians.

He got it wrong too.
Just as the bible said he would.

..and I have shown you AGAIN to be totally wrong AGAIN. 
Your ignorance does not make anyone wrong. It just shows you to be militantly clueless. I am not here to teach you Christian doctrine. You need to be educated if you are going to open your mouth on the subject. And I will not allow you to ooze to another point every time you get beaten on the previous one.

Blame the bible!!! for what?
For the failed predictions of the people whom the bible said would fail at predicting.

You just cannot get it through your own dense pile that because those CHRISTIANS failed to predict the second coming, does not and cannot mean that the bible is correct.
Even if the bible said they would fail at those predictions? Is your brain on? Do you have one?

NO ONE can know the time of the 2nd coming, therefore no one can predict it. But we know it's not time yet because the bible did say the second coming would not occur till certain things had happened. Not all of them have happened, so the second coming is not yet.

Would you like a quarter to purchase a clue?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
Muslims never say "1934" to me....Direct answer.....No dodge....And a Muslim might be female.

My appreciation of Art, Literature and Architecture is variable as they are not subjects that interest me greatly, so I can think of none that I personally consider to be "great".

As I stated, I appreciate skill and effort just as much as I appreciate the end product.....Yep a dodge if you like....But an honest answer, because I'm do not know what it is that I am supposedly dodging......You perhaps have favourite "greats" stored within your conditioned database.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
Muslims never say "1934" to me....
No one asked you if they ever did.

And a Muslim might be female.
Lol! Ever hear the one about a poor aim not being able to hit the side of a barn with a shotgun?

The topic of our exchange is the side of the barn, guess who the poor aim is?

Lol! Rich.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
And my name isn't Richard....LOL

Up late or up early Mr Ethan?......It's probably all that angst.....Worrying about all those other scary people out there....Democrats, Muslims, Atheists, Chinese to name but a few.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
It was the bible correctly saying they would be wrong homer. Think about it a little, I promise, it won't hurt.

But you haven't shown us where in the bible it actually says so , have you you idiot!   Support your claim. You are confident "the bible says so" so simply put up the chapters and verse which confirms what you claim.

Then let us see those verses where Jesus in the bible "foretells" of the many that will try predicting his return".

Who the hell are you to say who  is or isn't Christian!?
Nobody. But the word Christian has a meaning. That meaning is defined by the bible, and that meaning isn't flexible.

What is that meaning?  And why does it  - ACCORDING TO ONLY YOU - disqualify over 8 million Jehovah's witnesses from being Christians and also disqualify over 15 million Mormons from Christians? keeping in mind that is is only YOU  that has  made it more than clear on a few threads now that neither of these religious groups are Christian.

And do you realise that you have just wiped away 8 + million Christians from the Christian congregation with that stupid statement. 
You asked me a question homer. Answers you like are not the only correct ones. Only God can add or remove a person from the congregation of Christians.

So then why are you taking it up on yourself to disqualify these groups as Christians? It was ONLY you who have told the forum that neither Mormons or Jehovah's Witnesses are christian here>>>>> 

Jehovah Witnesses getting in on the failed prediction bullshite act has it. They are Christians,  aren't they?They are Christians aren't they?
Err. No. But even if they were, it would still not be the bible (Christianity).#14

AND HERE>>

..the rapid decline of Christians isn't helped any by you claiming that 8 +million Jehovah Witnesses are not Christians , either.
Lol. Neither are Mormons, #48

Blame the bible!!! for what?
For the failed predictions of the people whom the bible said would fail at predicting.

Show me where I have blamed the bible for these failed predictions.  And while you are at it,  show us where the bible or Jesus states that Christians of the future or anyone else will  try to predict his return but fail?  

You just cannot get it through your own dense pile that because those CHRISTIANS failed to predict the second coming, does not and cannot mean that the bible is correct.
Even if the bible said they would fail at those predictions?

AGAIN!!!! Show us the chapter and verses where it states that. Or stop with your lies.

NO ONE can know the time of the 2nd coming,

I got that. It is the point of the thread, stupid.

therefore no one can predict it.

I got that. It is the whole  point of the thread,.

But we know it's not time yet because the bible did say the second coming would not occur till certain things had happened. Not all of them have happened, so the second coming is not yet.

No need.  I have read the bible.  Mathew in particular.  This thread is concerned with Christians  and their continual failed predictions concerning Jesus' return on a cloud.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
It's probably all that angst.....Worrying about all those other scary people out there....Democrats, Muslims, Atheists, Chinese to name but a few.
The only thing scary is when  think of all the people put with delusions like you and how some of them might be near my kids.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
What is that meaning?
Of Christian? You don't know?

And why does it  - ACCORDING TO ONLY YOU - disqualify over 8 million Jehovah's witnesses from being Christians and also disqualify over 15 million Mormons from Christians?
Start another thread. Try to stay on topic in this thread.

So then why are you taking it up on yourself to disqualify these groups as Christians?
I'm not disqualifying anyone jedthro. The definition of Christian is not decided by me.

It was ONLY you who have told the forum that neither Mormons or Jehovah's Witnesses are christian...
You're only talking to me loser. The truth does not depend on numbers.

I got that.
And how did you know that? Because it is at that same place in the bible that Jesus predicted many would claim He had come again. So how can you know where the bible says that no one knows when Jesus will return, but not know the same passage predicting that many would claim he had returned?

No need.
Lol. Clues are useless without the IQ to process them. My bad.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
What is that meaning?
Of Christian? You don't know?
You have said -  "the word Christian has a meaning. That meaning is defined by the bible, and that meaning isn't flexible.#17

Where in the bible does it "define"  the meaning of the word "Christian"? 

And why does it  - ACCORDING TO ONLY YOU - disqualify over 8 million Jehovah's witnesses from being Christians and also disqualify over 15 million Mormons from Christians?
Start another thread. Try to stay on topic in this thread.

I have, and you lie on that thread just as much as you do on this thread. 

So then why are you taking it up on yourself to disqualify these groups as Christians?
I'm not disqualifying anyone jedthro. The definition of Christian is not decided by me.

Yes you are and you have. You have said "Jehovah's Witnesses are not Christians" and   followed that up with and "neither are Mormons". That is you dismissing and rejecting both these religious groups from the Christian community. You are now trying to deny you have said this but it is far too late for more of your denials.

But what can anyone seriously expect from a man that claims that 8+ million Jehovah's Witnesses are not Christians;

Jehovah Witnesses getting in on the failed prediction bullshite act has it. They are Christians,  aren't they??
Err. No. .#14

And that over 14 million! Mormons are not Christians either:

..the rapid decline of Christians isn't helped any by you claiming that 8 +million Jehovah Witnesses are not Christians , either.
Lol. Neither are Mormons, #48

It was ONLY you who have told the forum that neither Mormons or Jehovah's Witnesses are christian...
You're only talking to me loser.
 I am pretty sure that there are a few others READING your lies apart from me , petal.

I got that.
And how did you know that?
I got it because I don't believe anyone in the whole world can predict the future, you idiot. I certainly didn't get it from the bible.

No need. I have read Mathews gospel, you idiot.
Clues are useless without the IQ to process them. My bad.
 Yes. it is your "bad" and that is your downfall every time, princess. You only know what you have been led to know.  This is why you cannot support anything that you claim about the bible. you just lie consistently and make shite up as you.
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

I know that I am preaching to the choir, therefore, the TRUE meaning of a Christian is just a JEWISH follower of Jesus.

JESUS STATED: “He answered, "I was sent ONLY to the lost sheep of Israel” (Matthew 15:24).  Since Jesus was "King of the Jews" (Matthew 27:37), and He was ONLY interested in the people of his Jewish heritage, and not of other religions, then a Christian has to be a JEW! 2+2=4.   When was the last time that you addressed the many pseudo-christians within this forum, and asked them in what Jewish sect they belong too, since Jesus was sent only for the Jews?

BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

YOUR QUOTE RELATIVE TO ETHANG5: " Yes. it is your "bad" and that is your downfall every time, princess. You only know what you have been led to know.  This is why you cannot support anything that you claim about the bible. you just lie consistently and make shite up as you."

Listen, as we all know, ethang5 is just flotsam within this forum, whereas every religion forum has to have their meaningless member like him that takes up valuable space within threads and runs away from proven indisputable fact.  Ethang5 is the true definition of;  he is who he pretends to be!  When I feel very sorry for him, I throw him a small bone at times so he thinks he has purpose within this particular forum. As it has been shown at DEBATEART Religion forum, Ethang5 is embarrassingly laughable at best.  

ethang5
ethang5

Yes you are and you have.
No Sir. Your poor reading comprehension is tripped you up again.

You have said "Jehovah's Witnesses are not Christians" and   followed that up with and "neither are Mormons".
This is true.

That is you dismissing and rejecting both these religious groups from the Christian community.
I have no authority to dismiss or reject anyone from the Christian community. What god do you imagine I am? All I've done is stated a truth. JW's and Mormons remain as they were before.

You are now trying to deny you have said this but it is far too late for more of your denials.
I have not denied I said it, I denied that I "dismissed and rejected both these religious groups from the Christian community". Your poor reading comprehension confused a simple stated truth with rejection and dismissal.

You're only talking to me loser.

I am pretty sure that there are a few others READING your lies apart from me , petal.
Tell me you see the stupidity.

I got that.

And how did you know that?

I got it because I don't believe anyone in the whole world can predict the future, you idiot. I certainly didn't get it from the bible.
And yet here you are shouting that it isn't in the bible! Did I not say you were bible ignorant? See now why I do not throw my pearls to swine?
wlowsi9
wlowsi9
-->
@ethang5
Do you know what we're talking about homer? When Jesus will return. I don't know and have never claimed to know. Wake up.
Maybe you should wake up yourself.

You seem to know that Jesus will return through some God-given gift of perception.

But you don't know when?

Come on!
wlowsi9
wlowsi9
-->
@ethang5
Talking of which; consider this topic……..
Cherry Picking The Bible:
Isn't it ironic that homophobes will lean on the Bible tojustify their distasteful and primitive views.............
Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, aswith womankind: it is an abomination.
Yet, read a bit further in the Book of all that is wise andwe read:
Leviticus 19:27 You shall not round off theside-growth of your heads nor harm the edges of your beard.
Do we see all Christians walking around with long hair andshaggy beards?
No, we don't and just goes to show how bigots willcherry-pick the Bible for their own devious ends.
wlowsi9
wlowsi9
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Talking of which; consider this topic……..
Cherry Picking The Bible:
Isn't it ironic that homophobes will lean on the Bible tojustify their distasteful and primitive views.............
Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, aswith womankind: it is an abomination.
Yet, read a bit further in the Book of all that is wise andwe read:
Leviticus 19:27 You shall not round off theside-growth of your heads nor harm the edges of your beard.
Do we see all Christians walking around with long hair andshaggy beards?
No, we don't and just goes to show how bigots willcherry-pick the Bible for their own devious ends.