I will bet you.

Topic's posts
Posts in total: 98
--> @secularmerlin
Aren't all things just abstract concepts, isn't that just an easy way to dismiss the importance of something?
--> @Wylted
Who said anything about dismissing the importance of money. But seriously since you agree that it is an abstract concept you owe me ten money. Don't welch now.
--> @secularmerlin
Okay, but I am paying you in crypto currency. I'll give you 10 sfter the most popular one crashes in 2045
--> @Wylted
Fair enough.
--> @secularmerlin
Stop, I am trying to get the last post on every forum topic.
--> @secularmerlin
I did not say that it wasn't a useful made up concept. If it did not facilitate human interaction it would be an occasional curiosity rather than an all pervasive fact of modern living. That doesn't change the fact that money itself is intrinsically worthless and only has the worth we ascribe to it. 

Also you owe me ten money.
Well stated.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaanddddddd... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQUhJTxK5mA

Money is an evolutionary tool. It inspires the handful of people that really matter, to get on with things.

It also inspires all the other organic human dross to do the donkey work. 

--> @zedvictor4
Indeed... the donkey work? What precisely is the donkey work?
--> @secularmerlin
The donkey work maintains the illusion. 

--> @zedvictor4
You seem confused. I did not ask its purpose but for its definition.

--> @3RU7AL
Nice video.
--> @secularmerlin
Apologies.
Maybe it's just a British expression.
Donkey work is defined as: The boring or laborious part of a job; drudgery.
And your contenention here is that some people do not have work they consider drudgery that they must do?
--> @secularmerlin
You seem confused. I did not ask its purpose but for its definition.
R B Fuller references metal, shaped in half moon crescents, --or really horns of a bull---  found in Meditrerannean floor that he believe was one of early forms of money.

Minoan culture{ 2000 BCE } ---see Altantis/Crete-- worshiped the bull and most likely loaded their ships with this valuable, shaped metal, and traded instead of trying to haul around and trade since so much less  messier than  cows, calves, goats etc that may die before getting to another shore.

East India Company was first mutli-national corporation
..."These Dutch companies amalgamated in March 1602 into the United East Indies Company (VOC), which introduced the first permanent joint stock from 1612 (meaning investment into shares did not need to be returned, but could be traded on a stock exchange)"......

Greenback, penny, nickel, dime, quarter etc are all money irrespective of their changing values for bartering/trading consumers living or killing goods. 

If they have too little or no value, then another medium ---ex digita/crypto-- will take their place.

..."So it seems that it wasn’t money, necessarily, that was the root of all evil, but rather the development of necessary evils like hard labor, debt, slavery and lordship, prostitution and organized systems of governance that gave rise to money."...

--> @mustardness
Thank you so much the link about Sumerian economics is positively fascinating. I look forward to checking out the sources in the bibliography.
--> @secularmerlin
SM, welcome as always.

Greenback, penny, nickel, dime, quarter etc are all money irrespective of their changing values for bartering/trading consumers living or killing goods. 

If they have too little or no value, then another medium ---ex digita/crypto-- will take their place.  Just as valuble metals --for making swords etc--- took the place of real wealth cows, sheep, goats, lambs for barter/exchange.

Payment-in-kind stems from german 'kinder' as in kindergarten i.e. you will pay me back with the first born young calf ---young calf is kinder--  of the cow I have given you

..."Payment-in-kind (PIK) is the use of a good or service as payment instead of cash. Payment in kind also refers to a financial instrument that pays interest or dividends to investors of bonds, notes or preferred stock with additional securities or equity instead of cash"...

Real { royal } wealth stems from real estate i.e. land or cows the king{ royal } gives you.

Real wealth is what you can eat to sustain your days forward.

Money aka virtual/fake wealth is a temporary holding space, that can later be used  --hopefully---  to trade/barter for real wealth{ food-water etc }.

--> @mustardness
Oh they may be money but money doesn't have intrinsic value. It only has the value of whatever it represents or the value we agree it has. So you owe me ten money. But the link was awesome.
Oh they may be money but money doesn't have intrinsic value. It only has the value of whatever it represents or the value we agree it has. So you owe me ten money. But the link was awesome.
It has intrinsic changing value and I stated that via a couple of differrent statments.

Money aka virtual/fake wealth is a temporary holding space, that can later be used  --hopefully---  to trade/barter for real wealth{ food-water etc }.

"intrinsic" value.  Well again, metal has had and still has intrinsic value to humanity, as to many other substances.

Paper as greenbacks have intrinsic value  for wiping our butts, and more so if the greenback has lost all of it 'money' value.

Paper greenbacks also have intrinsic value as a fire starter underneath the kindling wood.

Paper greenback also can be used to blow our nose on, or write a message on if no other medium is avaiiable.

Also paper can be used for its insulation value and more so if shredded and sprayed in with boric acid treatment to make bug proof.

Magicians do tricks with paper and metal.

Children always inventing games ex paper football that we kick through fingesr-thumbs goal post or paper airplanes.

metal coins can be used as sinkers on fishing line for catfish and more so if the coins are melted in to other specific sinker-like shapes.

If a ten-spot, truly had no intrinsic value, you would not be so interested in recieving it from so many posters in your thread :--D

--> @mustardness
Not a ten spot. Ten money. Virtual/fake wealth (which is the same as saying not really valuable).

--> @secularmerlin
Not a ten spot.
Ten money.
Money aka tender ..."Legal tender is any official medium of payment recognized by law that can be used to extinguish a public or private debt, or meet a financial obligation. The national currency is legal tender in practically every country. A creditor is obligated to accept legal tender toward repayment of a debt."...

Virtual/fake wealth (which is the same as saying not really valuable).
As I stated in one or more ways.

If a ten-spot, ---irrespective of what you want to call it--  truly had no intrinsic value, you would not be so interested in recieving it from so many posters in your thread :--D
--> @mustardness
It's the principle of the thing ebuc. Just don't want to think you are a welsher.
--> @mustardness
Also not necessarily ten dollars any ten money will do