Naruto Discussion

Author: Vader

Total: 112
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Apparently Naruto, an anime has gotten a lot of attention recently. I’m not gonna boost my own horn but I was the first one with the pic *cough*

Well I’ll give my story on how I got into it. Friends were watching but and started the series Mid April. I finished the first part in May and finished Shippuden early July.

I’m watching Boruto right now, but I’m not a fan of it. I love this show. I genuinely enjoy the characters and the plot with some cool villains. I only have 1 character I genuinely dislike

I’ll go over my favorites. I’m excluding Naruto 

Sasuke
Hinata
Itachi
Shikamaru
Danzo
Rock Lee
Gaara
Kakashi
Minato
—————-
I dislike Ino the most
Vader
Vader
-->
@RationalMadman
@WaterPhoenix
@Crocodile
@BearMan
Discuss
BearMan
Debates: 16
BearMan
I haven't watched that much, only to S5 I think.

Vader
Vader
-->
@BearMan
S5 Of Shippuden? Or the original
BearMan
BearMan
Favorites:
(I like support characters)

Shikamaru 
Kakashi
Rock Lee
Gaara
Sasuke

I dislike Sakura the most, but I'm probably biased because I've only watched the beginning seasons and haven't even started Shippuden.

BearMan
BearMan
S5 Of Shippuden? Or the original
OG.
Vader
Vader
-->
@BearMan
Understandable for where you at. She is less dislikable after that season. 
Vader
Vader
Oh I forgot about the best villain of all time, Madara Uchiha, the man so powerful that the creator didn’t know how to kill him 
Crocodile
Debates: 22
Crocodile
-->
@Vader
1. Naruto
2. Gaara
3. Nagato
4. Orochimaru
5. Jiraiya
6. Kakashi

these are my favorites idk bout you

to me sasuke is a salty brat
Vader
Vader
-->
@Crocodile
Naruto exceeds Sasuke, but I’m disincluding him from the list.

Sasuke isn’t a brat. He had just a rough childhood as Naruto. He saw his family get killed, and was lied to his whole life about Itachi. Itachi only wanted to protect Sasuke.

Then Sasuke learned about everything and wanted to change. It shows that even someone like Sasuke can be changed with the power of love and friendship. He’s the example of a changed person looking to do good.

Oh his power. He’s the only human form that can compete with the power that Naruto has. Everyone else would get destroyed. Sasuke possesses Rinnegan and Sharingan, master of all styles.
RationalMadman
Debates: 561
RationalMadman
I liked Sakura even early on, I saw her as a very kindhearted individual who simply had a feisty temperament.
Crocodile
Crocodile
-->
@Vader
Nagato holds a chance
Crocodile
Crocodile
Kaguya Ōtsutsuki
Vader
Vader
-->
@Crocodile
I don’t think so. Not in Naruto’s final state. Remember, Naruto defeated Navarro without taming Kurama and using that extra chakra. It was during the Fourth Shinobi War where he tames it and enters Six Paths and Bjuu mode. He would destroy Nagato without a doubt. 
Vader
Vader
-->
@RationalMadman
Disagree. I saw her as narrow minded for a lot of the time until S3-4. I also think her temper outshined her kindness and I only saw it through Sasuke
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
  1. Kakuzu
  2. Danzo
  3. Kakashi
  4. Sakura
  5. Kisame
I'd probably list those as my top 5. Itachi (the perpetrator and victim of the Hokage who Danzo served under and which admittedly Danzo was part of the strtegising force to eliminate the Uchihas) is not a hero for eliminating his family to save Konoha, he is a hero almost entirely because in spite of the order, he not only spared Sasuke but went to extreme lengths to help Konoha still remain safe by being a double agent inside Akatsuki reporting to Danzo from time to time. Sasuke isn't a simple crybaby on the matter, he's portrayed wrongly as an emo, he's instead a rage-fuelled short-sighted individual who understandably has daddy issues given how his father only appreciated Itachi. I resent the Uchihas in general, they represent extreme right-wing ethos both in how they use their powers and how they treat their siblings, children and whatever else but Itachi was certainly an enigma not just for an Uchiha but for ninja in general. 

Obviously if this was real life, someone slaughtering their entire clan just to stop a civil war would be seen as unforgivable but you need to understand some things about the Hokage and hierarchy inside Konoha before you blame Itachi for what he did. Even Danzo gets wrongly blamed for the elimination of the Uchiha, it wasn't his idea he just agreed to it because his idea was actually to recruit some Uchiha to Root (not just Itachi) and to make them cause the most aggressive Uchihas to fail. I know that I am reading in between the lines and I don't deny that Danzo was ruthless but you need to comprehend his character and the pain he had in life always being overshadowed by others and misunderstood before you call him a straight up villain. Danzo always acted in Konoha's best interests, the only time he ever waivered was when asked if he wanted to go on a suicide mission and it turned out to be a bluff mindgame by the Hokage who was cruelest to the Uchiha and that is how the next one ended up becoming Hokage. Danzo was toyed with, overlooked and underappreciated much like Sasuke was but unlike Sasuke he never betrayed Konoha or ditched his buddies.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Vader
What do you mean by narrowminded? Sakura is one of the only reasons that people didn't stay blinkered in how they saw and dealt with Sasuke upon his return. Konoha forgiving Sasuke was almost solely down to Sakura's defence of him.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Itachi would be my #6 but that's more of the influence that I feel Kisame had on him than necessarily he himself. Kisame and Itachi had a very strong bond.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
The Akatsuki had the best and the worst characters. Nagato was an overrated crybaby in my eyes, Tobi/Obito (who was actually letting his body be controlled by Madara and both were actually posessed and tricked by Black Zetsu) was basically an overpowered supervillain who gets to play the antihero only because Uchihas were slaughtered. If It wasn't for the Uchiha Clan being taken down, in a parallel reality where Uchihas actually ensued in the civil war against the Uzumackis and really did fight to take over Konoha I think you'd realise how utterly psychopathic and unlovable Madara and Obito were (especially Madara more so than Obito) but because they were victims even to Black Zetsu in the end, you never get to truly loathe them and this in turn makes you fail to understand how ruthless and problematic the Uchiha were that drove the assassination order that Danzo and the Hokage gave to Itachi.
WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
I don't know I've only watched like a few seasons of the original then discontinued it cause I didn't really like it. Apparently, Shippuden is better? I might watch it after I watch the other anime in my to watch list.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@WaterPhoenix
Yeah, it's 100% better. By the end of the 'children' series, you barely understand anything at all about the world of Naruto. Shippuden is infinitely better.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Wait this is not rickroll
WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
Okay. Though it's not a children's series, more of a teen's. Cause Shounen means young boys or something.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
Here is my story of how I got into Naruto...

I saw a total of a few hours of random parts spread through my childhood over a decade ago then nothing after that.

Then a bunch of nerds started talking about it on DART.

Now I have started watching it, currently at about the 00:00 mark of the first episode and counting.
Vader
Vader
-->
@RationalMadman
I said in the beginning, not near the end
Vader
Vader
-->
@RationalMadman
I enjoy Danzō a lot as an antihero figure 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Vader
I mean I'd call him an antivillain meaning that unlike an antihero he ultimately is a villain but with redeeming features.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Vader
Oh I saw how she was in the end, in her at first. In other words I completely 'read her as a person' to be the way she was in the end. Untapped potential is very obvious to me and her character clearly had a lot.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@WaterPhoenix
Okay. Though it's not a children's series, more of a teen's. Cause Shounen means young boys or something.
I am saying that they are children in the first series, Shippuden is when they are teens.
Vader
Vader
-->
@RationalMadman
I agree a lot. I end up thinking up she’s a really good character in Shippuden overall and a good moral compass, like I have said