The best possible society should not have any defined religion or politics

Author: Intelligence_06

Total: 21
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Anyone agrees and/or disagrees? And, oh, please, no insults for I will report to the mods. Warning here.

I think the claim above is true.

Conflict=loss. Less conflicts=less losses. The closest we can come to a utopia is if there is as little conflicts as possibly can.

The term "religion" and "politics" implies that there are separate sides, and even if it is a one-party authoritarian dictatorship, there will still be people that will NOT believe in it, unless the term is utilized so extremely that there is NO other known method of government. In this case, the word "politics" would not even need exist because it is completely integrated within the society and it cannot be separated from within. No opposition could rise in such a government in which the term "politics" would cease to have any practical meaning. Kim Jong Un of North Korea has done a very good job operating like this, except he is horrible at doing what he is supposed to do. The people knows no other good, and this state can ideologically run as its own planet outside of any intervention of anything else: Self-sufficient(What is ironic is that lots of money have gone to censorship).

Religion too. Religion is opposite to "irreligion", meaning that there is possible opposition towards this belief. If one belief is completely integrated into the society and everyone is happy, there should be no other religion/irreligion(vice versa for a completely atheist state, no religion). 

The best possible society is a self-sufficient, jubilant, conflict-less society. One party rules and one belief is penetrated extremely deeply into every existing population's minds. There is only one side, and that would mean that there is practiacally no defined religion or politics. 

I remember John Lennon singing a song about this, but I don't remember the name. You guys can tell me the name in the next posts.

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
it is in a lot of other nations where they have one languange and ethnicity but hard to do in AMerica
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Fulfilling every possible desire, and you get Utopia. It is impossible, so that is why Utopia isn't either.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Intelligence_06
society is already like that-people who think the same stay together in groups
n8nrgmi
Debates: 0
n8nrgmi
john lennon sang a song called "imagine" that talks about no religion. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Dr.Franklin
@Intelligence_06
Thinking the same together in groups is a contradiction.

And religion is either defined or not.

And no politics is anarchy.

And utopia is not impossible, but nonetheless probably unachievable.

And anarchy unless utopic anarchy is probably not the "best possible society".

Philosophically, communism without hierarchy is utopic, but unachievable in practice as all people are not equal and things need to get done.
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
-->
@Intelligence_06
oh, please, no insults for I will report to the mods.
This is a threat to mod action.
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
-->
@Intelligence_06
The best possible society 100% should have defined politics that acts in favour of morality.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@RationalMadman
Oh, so it is counted as mod threat? I apologize if anyone perceives any harm. I intend no harm. 

Anyways, even if there is a system of belief and operation within this absolutely best society, the concepts will be obsolete since there is only one such concept. If a nation has only one type of vehicle and it is the best humans can make it, then unless you literally call this thing “car”, there is no concept of car. There is just the concept of that vehicle.
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@Intelligence_06
Since human behavior is virtually impossible to legislate and expect 100% compliance, I suggest a utopian society will not result until human behavior overcomes individual motivation to maintain and advantage their personal power, pride, or possession at the expense of others.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@fauxlaw
Well stated.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@RationalMadman
RM...."The best possible society 100% should have defined politics that acts in favour of morality."..

Well stated RM.  However I would add that morality = religion= spirituality i.e. in empathetic consideration of the health and well being of each individual, and the whole of humanity.

8 days later

Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
No religion or politics? How do I decide which strangers to hate and which to like?!?!
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
In the best possible society, you don't hate anyone. The existence of hate would make the society worse.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Intelligence_06
In the best possible society, you don't hate anyone.
I don't get it...

33 days later

Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Intelligence_06
Just a passing thought of mine, a 'bit related to the topic, I 'think.

I think religious laws came about due to our genetic predisposition allowing for them, as well as game theory.
I don't think a person 'completely wrong to think that, religion giving rise to the foundational elements of morality seems illogical.
After all, I think that without our biological presupposition for it, and game theory, we wouldn't have bothered inventing the laws.
But at the same time, those genes and those game theories were only able to be honed to a high extent by the 'existence of religious laws, and their indoctrination of moral habit.
I suppose one could try to argue a more pure carrot and stick approach, coldly rational, and disputing objective morality. But I think such a method flawed.
I think that Plato had a point, in The Republic, when he talked about the Noble Lie.

You define Utopia as
"Conflict=loss. Less conflicts=less losses. The closest we can come to a utopia is if there is as little conflicts as possibly can."
It sounds a bit like a political stance.

Maybe it's sleep deprivation, but somehow utopia seems to me, whatever one desires.
And people desire many different ideals.
Supposedly an ancient Norseman might view Valhalla as utopia, bloodshed, violence, feasting, and what else I forget.
Looked rather grisly in that Vinland Saga (manga) though.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
Wouldn't that be nice?
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
Wouldn't that be nice?
Dream a little dream for me, Rose Maria, Rose Maria.....sung to tune of ...I forget.

Actually it is a big pipe dream, and only Martin Luther King had such large dreams.

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
America itself is built on civil discourse. We can debate each other on different policies and respect each other. In 2020 however, if you speak what you believe and it's contradictory to society, you are a danger

There is no such thing as an Utopian society. Every society will come with flaws and dangers. The perfect Utopia doesn't exist. It is about how you perceive your life in order to make it an Utopia
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Vader
I know said society is never achieved.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Intelligence_06
I know said society is never achieved.