Debates: 9
Username

Can't wait to hear the apologia on this one
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Username
hope there are at least 300,000 links to put the 3 million annual police interactions into perspective.

Nope, let down again by the rabid left.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
so the first is a horse trample, honest mistake-you cant control a horse in a massive city, and the police TRIED to control him but of course the communist crowd got upset, of course people would say "oh dont ride a horse" yet his wouldnt be proof of massive police brutality, a one off thing where it can be corrected(also in houston so good luck with covid)

I dont have the context for the second clip but it looks pretty bad

The intentional hit and run was 100% justified, he was on the road

the fourth clip is without context so its very hard to tell if it was escalated by that guy, then he should have been arrested

"for sport" nope, it was their order to move forward and those who resisted were beaten justified--Pro tip: if oyu dont want to get hit, move out of the way from the cops

the sixth clip is pretty bad, i dont think she sould have been recording but pepper spraying was bad, but "massive police brutality", idk about that

the seventh clip is not to be found but it is pepper spraying on unarmed protestors which is an excuse i have seen

the 8th clip is so funny. hes complain about "brutality" and then says that they burned the place down!

I dont feel like going through more but it is crazy how this is "massive police brutality" when it is simply a case of one hit on an annoying protestor, as well as it PALES in comparison to the riots across the country
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Even if we include the justified deaths, the rate of use of lethal force when judged against the total of police-public encounters?
Answer: 0.0000043535286 %
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Greyparrot
yup...a confronation between police and protestor would alwasy be the police fault
Username
Username
-->
@Greyparrot
hope there are at least 300,000 links to put the 3 million annual police interactions into perspective.

Nope, let down again by the rabid left.
... You're seeing how our law enforcers that are supposed to "serve and protect" is reacting when put in a situation where they have to serve and protect. And guess what? They're acting like fucking SS Blackshirts. 
Username
Username
-->
@Dr.Franklin
so the first is a horse trample, honest mistake-you cant control a horse in a massive city, and the police TRIED to control him but of course the communist crowd got upset, of course people would say "oh dont ride a horse" yet his wouldnt be proof of massive police brutality, a one off thing where it can be corrected(also in houston so good luck with covid)

I'm sure it was an "honest mistake" lol. You realize how negligent it is to ride a horse in a public area if you don't know how to ride a horse?

The intentional hit and run was 100% justified, he was on the road

The Civil Rights protestors were also on the road. They deserved to be abused too, I guess. 

"for sport" nope, it was their order to move forward and those who resisted were beaten justified--Pro tip: if oyu dont want to get hit, move out of the way from the cops

Police's job is to de-escalate, though I agree that this one wasn't the worst. 

the fourth clip is without context so its very hard to tell if it was escalated by that guy, then he should have been arrested
Seems pretty egregious, but yea context would help.  

the 8th clip is so funny. hes complain about "brutality" and then says that they burned the place down!

You conflate protestors with rioters. Those protestors were peaceful. They were also getting shot at. 

I dont feel like going through more but it is crazy how this is "massive police brutality" when it is simply a case of one hit on an annoying protestor
Read: People are getting attacked for expressing their free speech by people who's JOB is to SERVE and PROTECT their citizens. 
As well as it PALES in comparison to the riots across the country
....What's your point?
Username
Username
-->
@Greyparrot
"I support the police because they usually don't kill people"

Does any of this seem sus to you?
Username
Username
-->
@Greyparrot
@Dr.Franklin

Here's a whole subreddit chock-full of egregious police violations for you to look at :)
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Username
... You're seeing how our law enforcers that are supposed to "serve and protect" is reacting when put in a situation where they have to serve and protect. And guess what? They're acting like fucking SS Blackshirts. 

How many are doing that out of 3 million police interactions? Oh yeah...>>>that<<< many...
Username
Username
-->
@Greyparrot
Why do you think police lack blame for attacking people during a protest just because most of them don't? That's like the lowest possible standard to hold them too.
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
How many are doing that out of 3 million police interactions? Oh yeah...>>>that<<< many...
who the hell cares how many interactions there were? If I interact with 3 million people, but i only murder a few hundred of them, i am still a mass murderer. If police have harass, and attack people, they need to go to prison.

Death23
Debates: 24
Death23
-->
@Username
Honestly what's absent from the discussion of police brutality is the magnitude of the problem and the impact it has on communities. The impact of the problem should be measured when it comes to making policy changes. I suspect that it's not a very significant problem in most jurisdictions and that the real problem is overraction to the incidents. I don't intend to imply that officers should just get away with shit. They shouldn't because justice demand that they be held responsible for violations. But when it comes to protesting on a national level - I just don't see the issue as rising to the level where the response is proportionate.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
Chicago killed more blacks in a week than police killed all year. Your tolerance is whacked.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
Chicago killed more blacks in a week than police killed all year. Your tolerance is whacked.
And Lori Lightfoot let it happen.
Username
Username
-->
@Death23
Honestly what's absent from the discussion of police brutality is the magnitude of the problem and the impact it has on communities. The impact of the problem should be measured when it comes to making policy changes. I suspect that it's not a very significant problem in most jurisdictions and that the real problem is overraction to the incidents.
Police brutality scares me conceptually (as I'm sure it does for many others) as it is the state abusing it's power. Any nation where police violence goes unchecked is creating a huge problem in the future. 

But when it comes to protesting on a national level - I just don't see the issue as rising to the level where the response is proportionate.
I get the feeling that people are protesting about more than they say they're protesting about. Overpolicing + corruption from within in the police force and also the material disadvantages that black people face in America make people angry too, I imagine. Here's a good video about police accountability. His humor is kind of annoying but it's a good repository of info for how fucked American policing is. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
And Lori Lightfoot let it happen.

Yep. Unlike the manufactured outrage of police where there is way less than a 1% chance in any given police encounter for a person to be treated wrongly (which we have a court system to rectify btw you antifa lovers)

There is a far greater chance over 1% from every encounter with a random black person from Chicago that he will either assault you or kill you if you are Black.

Manufactured tolerance says it's no biggie though. Just ask Lightfoot.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Same old story....Us and them.....Nothing ever changes does it?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Username
So your solution is defunding the police? Gotcha. Police unions are what protect the bad actors. Conservatives have been against unions for a while now. Unions are the largest contributors to Democrats. So now tell me. Is the fact that 0.00000001% of police interactions result in deaths a larger problem than black on black violence? Are there bad cops? Definitely. Should they be punished? Sure. Is police brutality a bigger problem for Black Lives Matter than black on black violence? Nope. 
Death23
Debates: 24
Death23
-->
@Username
Honestly what's absent from the discussion of police brutality is the magnitude of the problem and the impact it has on communities. The impact of the problem should be measured when it comes to making policy changes. I suspect that it's not a very significant problem in most jurisdictions and that the real problem is overraction to the incidents.
Police brutality scares me conceptually (as I'm sure it does for many others) as it is the state abusing it's power. Any nation where police violence goes unchecked is creating a huge problem in the future. 

But when it comes to protesting on a national level - I just don't see the issue as rising to the level where the response is proportionate.
I get the feeling that people are protesting about more than they say they're protesting about. Overpolicing + corruption from within in the police force and also the material disadvantages that black people face in America make people angry too, I imagine. Here's a good video about police accountability. His humor is kind of annoying but it's a good repository of info for how fucked American policing is. 

The youtube video was helpful. The data necessary for policy decisions doesn't exist and there are problems with records of misconduct and impartial oversight. This is something that's easily solvable with a federally administered national database of incidents and investigations; A file for each particular officer and liability risk for local departments for negligent hiring if such records aren't reviewed and considered reasonably during the hiring process. Disposing of local control and sovereign immunity is essential for success. Not saying do that specifically but something like that may go a long way toward preventing incidents from happening because it would get rid of a lot of the bad apples.
Username
Username
-->
@ILikePie5
So your solution is defunding the police? Gotcha. Police unions are what protect the bad actors. Conservatives have been against unions for a while now. Unions are the largest contributors to Democrats
That's a big claim to go completely unsubstantiated. The Police are pro trump

Is the fact that 0.00000001% of police interactions result in deaths
You sure give a lot of credit to police for not killing people. What a world we live in... Have you seen the videos? Like, at all? Have you seen this?

Black Lives Matter is a movement about police brutality, not "black on black crime". 

I'm pretty sure that if Black Lives Matter actually did address black on black crime you wouldn't like it either. Something tells me that they'd be more into improving black communities by funding education and funding healthcare than echoing the classic "lol fix ur shit" Ben Shapiro talking point.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Username
You sure give a lot of credit to police for not killing people.

That's not the point. If you are going to make the claim that the police system is so corrupt that it must be fundamentally changed from the ground up, you need the numbers to back that claim up. A few rogue cops out of millions of encounters isn't sufficient.

We have actual numbers to back up systemic corruption in public education in Chicago. A 22%+ failure rate to graduate high school has been for 50 years and continues today to perpetuate generational poverty and generational violence in Chicago. Where is the outrage for systemic reform and defunding of public education with those huge numbers? Wouldn't you want to rebuild that system from the ground up first when the numbers are soo much worse in proportion? We are talking about millions of disenfranchised people here, mostly young people. Not a handful of the ones you see on circus media hour.

As a career educator, I would fully support BLM if this was one of their stated goals instead of "the destruction of the western family structure and western values"
Username
Username
-->
@Greyparrot
That's not the point. If you are going to make the claim that the police system is so corrupt that it must be fundamentally changed from the ground up, you need the numbers to back that claim up. A few rogue cops out of millions of encounters isn't sufficient.

The police are reacting to the protests/riots extremely violently. This is fairly obvious. 

Police accountability, the white supremacists within police, and overpolicing are all massive problems police have. It's not just the shootings, though those are a disporportionately American phenomenon.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Username
You're seeing how our law enforcers that are supposed to "serve and protect" 

“Neither the Constitution, nor state law, impose a general duty upon police officers or other governmental officials to protect individual persons from harm — even when they know the harm will occur,”
Police Have No Duty to Protect You, Federal Court Affirms Yet Again

so.....
we need to have better, clearer and more realistic expetations.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@zedvictor4
i suppose
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Username
i dont really care to be honest as if you are anti=police in public and screaming in ther face and supprting the riots, yes they will be "brutality" or so you say

the fact is that you overwhelm the enemy, the enemy is the anti police demonstrations, they did a great job overhweling them before future damage
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Username
That's a big claim to go completely unsubstantiated. The Police are pro trump
Your own source claimed the same union supported Joe is 08 and 12. Of course they’re going to support Trump. They don’t want to be defunded like you propose doing. 

You sure give a lot of credit to police for not killing people. What a world we live in... Have you seen the videos? Like, at all? Have you seen this?
Anecdotal evidence proves nothing. Back your claims up with statistics. The vast vast majority of police interactions result in no deaths. That’s statistically proven.

Black Lives Matter is a movement about police brutality, not "black on black crime".
Is that a bigger problem than black on black crime? Statistically? No.

I'm pretty sure that if Black Lives Matter actually did address black on black crime you wouldn't like it either. Something tells me that they'd be more into improving black communities by funding education and funding healthcare than echoing the classic "lol fix ur shit" Ben Shapiro talking point.
No. I’d fully support reducing black on black crime because I’m against crime. Inner cities get the most funding in terms of education and still they suck. School choice and embedding family values are the most important things for African Americans.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Username
I'm sure it was an "honest mistake" lol. You realize how negligent it is to ride a horse in a public area if you don't know how to ride a horse?

who said he didnt know hw to ride a horse? overeaction

The Civil Rights protestors were also on the road. They deserved to be abused too, I guess. 
thet was organized and they werent ANY cars on the road, that road was off limits, theres plently of protests recently that were on roads

Police's job is to de-escalate, though I agree that this one wasn't the worst. 
they cant do that if they morons trying to stop them advance

Seems pretty egregious, but yea context would help.  
if he escalated things, police try and isolate him to arrest him, seems he was running through the crowd creating chaos, but blame the cops on that?

You conflate protestors with rioters. Those protestors were peaceful. They were also getting shot at. 
with blanks at his from far away so we dont where it hit people, and yes they WAS RIOTS, maybe that shooting was neccessary?

Read: People are getting attacked for expressing their free speech by people who's JOB is to SERVE and PROTECT their citizens. 
and its a duty of the civilian to not interfere with their ways if not brutality which is 99% of the time

....What's your point?
the enemy is the communist anarchist protestors and mobs, not the police
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Dr.Franklin
the fact is that you overwhelm the enemy, the enemy is the anti police demonstrations, they did a great job overhweling them before future damage
you realize you are describing the kind of repression that characterizes dictatorships right? Anyone who dares challenge the state deserves to be attacked or killed. That is basically what you are arguing. That is completely antithetical to american ideals. 

Also, incidentally, you are describing serious crimes. IE that guy might do something wrong, so I am going to shoot him in the head. That is a serious crime. And you are attempting to defend it. 

Username
Username
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Whatever. Police are trained in de-escalation. What you're seeing is brutal violence and unorganized beatings. This is completely undisputable. Police are literally covering their tags so that they can't be identified. They're kidnapping people. Look at the videos I presented. Look at these. This is 1984 shit. I don't have time for authoritarians.