Has BLM gone too far?

Author: BearMan

Total: 153
BearMan
Debates: 16
BearMan
Not the concept of Black Lives Matter, but the actual group. I think it has gone too far, and I was about to write and entire rant about it, but then I realized I'd probably get doxxed and physically threatened by the internet for not following leftist propaganda.
BearMan
BearMan
-->
@RationalMadman
@Greyparrot
@Vader
@ILikePie5
@bmdrocks21
Thoughts?
BearMan
BearMan
-->
@WaterPhoenix
Read Above.
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
Stop confusing for cause-hijackers and cybercriminals for genuine BLM.
BearMan
BearMan
-->
@RationalMadman
Nah I'm not. BLM is not aiming for Black Lives Matter but Black Lives Better.
TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@BearMan
problem is anyone can form a group and name it anything they like, that has been the issue since the catch phrase was ever uttered.  It was built on too many lies (hands up don't shoot).  Whatever meaning it may have had is largely ignored.  Just saw a video of a black guy chased down and beaten by a very large mob of black people because he was wearing a Trump hat or something.  He may have died, I'm not sure.  None of it makes any sense.  The outrage isn't consistent, especially when you look at the number of children murdered in Chicago as just one example.  Imagine if you added in the other states, how many children would that add up to?  Where's the protests for their lives?
BCLM?  not is many cities they don't.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@BearMan
Black Lives Matter but Black Lives Better.
Well they are doing it in a very retarded way if that is their goal.

"We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable."

– Children in father-absent homes are almost four times more likely to be poor. In 2011, 12 percent of children in married-couple families were living in poverty, compared to 44 percent of children in mother-only families.
– Children living in female headed families with no spouse present had a poverty rate of 47.6 percent, over 4 times the rate in married-couple families.
– The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services states, “Fatherless children are at a dramatically greater risk of drug and alcohol abuse.”
– A study of 1,977 children age 3 and older living with a residential father or father figure found that children living with married biological parents had significantly fewer externalizing and internalizing behavioral problems than children living with at least one non-biological parent.
– Children of single-parent homes are more than twice as likely to commit suicide.
– Data from three waves of the Fragile Families Study (N= 2,111) was used to examine the prevalence and effects of mothers’ relationship changes between birth and age 3 on their children’s well being. Children born to single mothers show higher levels of aggressive behavior than children born to married mothers. Living in a single-mother household is equivalent to experiencing 5.25 partnership transitions.

In 1965, 24 percent of black infants and 3.1 percent of white infants were born to single mothers. By 1990 the rates had risen to 64 percent for black infants, 18 percent for whites. Every year about one million more children are born into fatherless families. If we have learned any policy lesson well over the past 25 years, it is that for children living in single-parent homes, the odds of living in poverty are great. The policy implications of the increase in out-of-wedlock births are staggering.

Btw..Brookings is a radical far left research group. So you can drop the Orangemanbad pretenses at the door.

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
There is also that other Black man that was EXECUTED for having a Trump sign.

BLM doesn't care about improving those Black Lives though.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@BearMan
Better than they are now, yeah.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@BearMan
Not the concept of Black Lives Matter, but the actual group. I think it has gone too far, and I was about to write and entire rant about it, but then I realized I'd probably get doxxed and physically threatened by the internet for not following leftist propaganda.
They’re trained Marxists and want to burn down the system. 2+2 equals?
WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
the moment they came up with the concept they had gone too far. damn libtards.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@BearMan
absolutely
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@BearMan
The whole organization is a scam. Most of what they “protest” are “unjust” police killings of black people. It is predicated on the lie that police are shooting black men all the time and that our “racist” country doesn’t think their lives matter.

They aren’t just now going too far. They have been pushing the lie of “hands up don’t shoot” for years. They have never cared about the truth, just money and power
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
If you want my take, check out the BLM debate I'm doing with RM. 
BearMan
BearMan
-->
@MisterChris
I read it and I absolutely agree with what you are conveying.
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@BearMan
Thanks, I worked hard on that constructive. Anyway, I haven't seen enough public opinions dissenting with what BLM is doing. Feels like they have a total monopoly on information these days
BearMan
BearMan
-->
@MisterChris
Yeah. If you post something against BLM, you'd probably lose your job the next day. It's this awful censorship which completely undermines "freedom of speech".
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Yes.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
Honestly the movement is too far. The concept is good on paper, but if you say anything good about the white americans the next you are going to be suspended on the social media because more than a handful of people just reports you.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
If we are at a point where "all lives matter" is racist then yes, BLM is too far.
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Intelligence_06
I see you've changed your opinion on this one
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@MisterChris
My opinion changes all the time. From sticking for years to changing within a matter of hours.

I don't even remember what my stance was back in the past. What is my stance?
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Intelligence_06
Not sure exactly, but you commented on my BLM debate to say you disagreed with me but decided against taking it. That was what I was referring to
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@MisterChris
Those are not mutually exclusive. BLM movement in my eyes is still somewhat healthy, but its net benefit is going down. If it is going even further, it will go into the net harm territory.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@MisterChris
He has not changed his mind, he's fallen for bullshit propaganda that suggests BLM don't value non-black lives (this is a lie).
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@MisterChris
Why are you thanking Bearman for agreeing with you based on confirmation bias?
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Intelligence_06
I see, fair assessment
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
I guess. It is not I believe that blm doesn’t care about other people. Is that I believe that other people believe that blm does not care about other races, including black Americans and protesters themselves.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
It is genuinely disturbing and hilarious at the same time, to me, that people can say an organisation has gone 'too far' when not nearly enough has been done towards making black lives equal to caucasians in quality of legal representation, high-ranking corporation representation or anything of that sort.

Ghettos still exist in US (when I say ghetto I don't mean just a poor area, I mean so poor that the youth are almost forced into gang violence or scared for their life, where they can barely do well at school given how busy and rough home life is for them needing to work part-time just to put food on the table while handling the same workload as an unemployed privately tutored wealthy caucasian).

They are then told they need to compete 'equally' and there is/was already a bias against them on top of them having such an unfair start in life. This doesn't even begin to explore social isolation, bullying etc that can result from being the 'one black kid' in a group of whites growing up or even in an adult working environment. You may think 'that doesn't happen' but that is only because of BLM's work

I suggest clicking every single link I give in my round 2 of this debate and truly soaking in what has been said in the debate:
BearMan
BearMan
-->
@RationalMadman
See this is the type of thing I'm talking about. It's not racist for BLM to say that most black people are poor, but it is apparently racist for any police department to say that since most black people are poor, they commit more crimes.

The problem is BLM is not solving the actual task at hand.