Has BLM gone too far?

Author: BearMan

Total: 153
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@ILikePie5
No matter what you do. Just like killers are going to exist, police brutality is going to exist. The key is getting it as low as possible which it arguably is right now.
Do you understand that soldiers in an ACTIVE WARZONE are held to a higher standard for combatant shootings than domestic police?

Hint: Shooting anyone in the back, even if they are carrying a loaded weapon, is a WAR CRIME.

Domestic police can act with impunity because of a special law called "QUALIFIED IMMUNITY".

In 25 minutes,
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Crocodile
don't fucking defund the police tho like wtf is that about.
Only 4% of police calls are for violent crimes (like assault or robbery).

This means that 96% of police calls could be handled by unarmed civil servants.

In 25 minutes,
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Crocodile
Literally out of 10 people i see while walking down the road, half are doing drugs, and the other half are dealing them
Do you understand that THE WAR ON DRUGS was originally concocted specifically to allow NIXON to lock up HIPPIES AND WAR PROTESTERS?

THE WAR ON DRUGS IS A WAR ON CIVIL LIBERTY.

THE WAR ON DRUGS IS A WAR ON PERSONAL PRIVACY.

THE WAR ON DRUGS IS A WAR ON PERSONAL PROPERTY.

Federal asset forfeiture laws were championed by JOE BIDEN.

Federal agents can confiscate your vehicle and even your house WITHOUT TRIAL.

SOMETHING IS SERIOUSLY WRONG.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@3RU7AL
Do you understand that soldiers in an ACTIVE WARZONE are held to a higher standard for combatant shootings than domestic police?
Domestic Law is different than Foreign Law. We have Civil Rights and Liberties here.

Hint: Shooting anyone in the back, even if they are carrying a loaded weapon, is a WAR CRIME.
Where’s your source?

Domestic police can act with impunity because of a special law called "QUALIFIED IMMUNITY".
How many cops do you think would be cops without this? Qualified immunity doesn’t stand in the way of clear cut cases like George Floyd does it? And anyways the Supreme Court has found it legal. In Harlow v. Fitzgerald, 457 U.S. 800 (1982), the Supreme Court held that federal government officials are entitled to qualified immunity. The Court reasoned that "the need to protect officials who are required to exercise discretion and the related public interest in encouraging the vigorous exercise of official authority."

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@3RU7AL
Only 4% of police calls are for violent crimes (like assault or robbery).
I wonder how much that number would be without police officers?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ILikePie5
I wonder how much that number would be without police officers?
Are you aware that violent crime is in a long term down-trend?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ILikePie5
Domestic Law is different than Foreign Law. We have Civil Rights and Liberties here.
Actually, we have FEWER rights than an "enemy combatant".
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@3RU7AL
And how does that correlate with police funding?

Really? Would you rather be in a federal prison or Guantanamo Bay?
Crocodile
Debates: 22
Crocodile
I honestly like all genders.

Blacks are equal to whites
Whites are equal to Asians
Hispanics, I love em.

But honestly, the whites taste better in my stew.

I like eating all tho
Crocodile
Crocodile
-->
@ILikePie5
I can say, from expierience, orange men taste bad.
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@Crocodile

"except for those few rare occurences"

Ah yes, I meet 1 thousand people and I only kill 2, and I maybe assault like 10 of em. I put like 20 in my basement.

I am a good guy right?

Interesting take. Now, are you a police officer dealing with a thousand CRIMINALS ? But not only meeting them, but also ARRESTING a thousand criminals (something they often resist), many of whom are violent?

I don’t know if you are purposely being dishonest or if you can’t see the obvious lunacy in your little analogy. But being a civilian meeting a thousand random people is a helluva lot different than arresting a thousand criminals in a job in which you can be killed if you make one mistake.
Crocodile
Crocodile
-->
@bmdrocks21
they all taste the same

all races

Crocodile
Crocodile
-->
@bmdrocks21
i do not discriminate. i eat all
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@Crocodile
Ok, bro, didn’t ask
Crocodile
Crocodile
-->
@bmdrocks21
bro you are the coolest kid i've ever seen
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@Crocodile
excuse me what
But honestly, the whites taste better in my stew.

I like eating all tho
Are you a cannibal?

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Crocodile
WTF lol
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Crocodile
Spoken like a true apex reptile.
Crocodile
Crocodile
-->
@Intelligence_06
Is eating people of you same species being a cannibal?

it's not is it?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ILikePie5
Where’s your source?

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ILikePie5
Really? Would you rather be in a federal prison or Guantanamo Bay?
Would you rather be shot in cold blood, or held in violation of the Geneva conventions?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@3RU7AL

Which page? I’m not reading through all of that. Not to mention those rules of engagement are outdated now

Would you rather be shot in cold blood, or held in violation of the Geneva conventions?
That makes no sense lol. Americans have more rights than enemy combatants.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ILikePie5
And how does that correlate with police funding?
Police are armed in order to deal with violent criminals.

Police only face violent criminals on roughly 4% of their calls.

Therefore, it stands to reason, the armed police should get roughly 4% of current police funding, with the rest (96%) distributed to unarmed civil servants.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@3RU7AL
Police are armed in order to deal with violent criminals.

Police only face violent criminals on roughly 4% of their calls.

Therefore, it stands to reason, the armed police should get roughly 4% of current police funding, with the rest (96%) distributed to unarmed civil servants.
That doesn’t answer my question. Crime has gone down but police funding has gone up. Crime is already up in cities because there are less police officers. And I mean violent crime.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ILikePie5
Which page?
Scenario #9Your convoy is on the outskirts of a city and approaching an overpass. A crowd isgathering in the area just beneath the overpass. You see a man running in an alleytoward the overpass with an AK-47. What do you do?Possible reaction points and EOF considerations:• Increase the aggressiveness of your posture.• Use EOF to negate the potential threat.• Remember that locals may legally have small arms for the protection oftheir homes.• Attempt to identify the individual with the weapon.• Do not engage unless there are further indications of hostile intent or ahostile act. [LINK]

OPENING FIRE.a. You may open fire only if you, friendly forces or persons or property under yourprotection are threatened with deadly force. [LINK]
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ILikePie5
That makes no sense lol. Americans have more rights than enemy combatants.
no they do not.

Under the Bush administration, similar claims of worldwide detention authority were used to hold even a U.S. citizen detained on U.S. soil in military custody [INDEFINITELY AND WITHOUT TRIAL OR CHARGES], and many in Congress now assert that the NDAA should be used in the same way again. The ACLU believes that any military detention of American citizens or others within the United States is unconstitutional and illegal, including under the NDAA. In addition, the breadth of the NDAA’s detention authority violates international law because it is not limited to people captured in the context of an actual armed conflict as required by the laws of war. [LINK]
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ILikePie5
That doesn’t answer my question. Crime has gone down but police funding has gone up. Crime is already up in cities because there are less police officers. And I mean violent crime.
Citation please.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@3RU7AL
Scenario #9Your convoy is on the outskirts of a city and approaching an overpass. A crowd isgathering in the area just beneath the overpass. You see a man running in an alleytoward the overpass with an AK-47. What do you do?Possible reaction points and EOF considerations:• Increase the aggressiveness of your posture.• Use EOF to negate the potential threat.• Remember that locals may legally have small arms for the protection oftheir homes.• Attempt to identify the individual with the weapon.• Do not engageunless there are further indications of hostile intent or ahostile act. [LINK]

OPENING FIRE.a. You may open fire only if you, friendly forces or persons or property under yourprotection are threatened with deadly force. [LINK]
Where does it say anything about the back? Also what does this mean: “Use EOF to negate the potential threat.“
And how is this relevant at all? Rayshard Brooks turned around and aimed and shot a weapon at the officer, which any person in the military would’ve shot instantly.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@3RU7AL
Citation please.
Police funding has gone up 

Crime going up in NYC after police defunding

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ILikePie5
How many cops do you think would be cops without this?
The correct number.

Soldiers don't get "qualified immunity" and we certainly employ quite a few of them.

Qualified immunity doesn’t stand in the way of clear cut cases like George Floyd does it?
It certainly increased court costs.  And judges are often swayed by community outrage.

And anyways the Supreme Court has found it legal.
I guess they're infallible, even if their conclusions are incoherent.

In Harlow v. Fitzgerald, 457 U.S. 800 (1982), the Supreme Court held that federal government officials are entitled to qualified immunity. The Court reasoned that "the need to protect officials who are required to exercise discretion and the related public interest in encouraging the vigorous exercise of official authority."
Do you realize that "qualified immunity" is literally "if the perpetrator (cop) thought they were doing the right thing at the time, then they are immune to legal consequences".

If that same standard were applied GENERALLY, nobody could ever be charged for a speeding ticket if "they didn't see the sign".

It rewards incompetence (specifically ignorance).  If you didn't know it was illegal, then you can't be charged.  Imagine what a utopia that would be.

I thought it was perfectly legal to shoot a woman through a locked living-room window, while she was sitting in her own home, playing video games with her family.

CIVIL RIGHTS YOU SAY??