-->
@disgusted
Hehe Opium for the people there Karl?
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@ethang5
Do you have evidence that I, personally, said or endorsed any of those things? Because I didn't.

Personally I just thought (and still do) that he's an unqualified, racist, sexist  asshole.
disgusted
Debates: 0
disgusted
-->
@Greyparrot
Don't you get sick of being so abjectly frightened. I'll admit I find it hilarious.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@disgusted

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Greyparrot
Lol. Its the teeth that always gets me.
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@Greyparrot
That's funny. Did you endorse or support Trump before he decided to run for and become Head of State?
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@drafterman
Lol. Wish we had about a thousand more such "unqualified" politicians.

America would actually be able to balance its budget.

MAGA!

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ethang5
A good, classy politician is like a televangelist with proper makeup and hair.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ethang5
I am SPARTACUS!
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
At the clear risk of sounding xenophobic, I think it's kind of disturbing that we have a First Lady who speaks with a Slavic, Russia-ish accent. Melania has conducted herself pretty well, but let's be honest: Trump imported a mail-order bride from an exotic country. It sets a very bad example for America.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Swagnarok

ethang5
ethang5
Young people. Check the BBC archives on voice recordings of past 1st ladies. Many did not "sound" American. Some weren't. The point is that Trump married before becoming president.
Castin
Castin
Enlighten me on how they met, when they met, why he divorced his previous wife and what a deep, soulful lover Mr. Trump is to Mrs. Model
They met at a party in New York in 1998. He divorced his previous wife after he committed adultery, though I believe she also accused him of assault. I have no idea whether Melania finds him a satisfying lover, but my guess would be she doesn't and that their marriage is generally loveless.

I don't understand what any of this has to do with what I should think of her as first lady. But if she did turn out to have been a prostitute, I would probably respect her more. It would mean she comes from a background that is shamed and debased by society, but must hold her own in an environment dominated by well-educated political socialites from upper class well-to-do American backgrounds. It would mean a call girl from an obscure country most Americans can't even find on a map wound up the first lady of the United States and had to step up to that duty and build something in this world.

And for the record, I don't think being a prostitute is shameful. Though I realize you didn't say it was.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Castin
Though I realize you didn't say it was.
He didn't have to.

+1

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@ethang5
Often!
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Greyparrot
Why do you create posts without any of your content? Is it because you have nothing to offer to any discussion?

30 days later

Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@drafterman
That's funny. Did you endorse or support Trump before he decided to run for and become Head of State?
Personally I endorse anyone who is anti establishment or pisses the establishment off. I just hope I can become a billionaire like Trump someday so I can have the power and influence to start burning this shithole to the ground from the inside.

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@disgusted
Why do you create posts without any of your content? Is it because you have nothing to offer to any discussion?
You have no room to talk, just one sentence posts full of cynicism on every thread you participate in. I always have just assumed it was because your low IQ would be more obvious if you started writing whole paragraphs of content, instead of just random one or two sentences of shit talking, that add no value to the conversation.

ethang5
ethang5
Lol
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@drafterman
1. “Two-For-One” – Reducing Regulation and Controlling Regulatory Costs - Nothing here about creating jobs, raising consumer confidence, or boosting the economy.
That is like the number one way to create jobs. Before the FDA was around we had food from a variety of sources, a bunch of mom and pop grocers, and the food was wholesome and good. We eat McDonalds now and about 5 companies control 80% of the food market. The FDA was created to create regulations that were too expensive for mom and pop places to adhere to, so that the big companies could grab more market share. Now instead of having an industry full of self employed people, you have assembly line workers making minimum wage.

Same thing with the major banking regulations, in the early 1900s most people did banking at small locally owned banks, and in the 1930s when banks started to be regulated to death many people were put out of work so that the big banks could grab more market share and replace local bank owners with miniimum wage employees.

Cable companies literally used regulation to keep small companies out of the market and on a handshake deal along with a few governors decided to negotiate for regions so they could get away without competing with each other. Dude regulations kill the economy and virtually all of us would be small business owners making a decent wage if not for that.

disgusted
disgusted
@shrivelled plant.
And yet when I type more than one sentence you and your pissant hero thang run away in deathly fear. Simply because your pathetic, superstitious, ancient god stories are unsupportable, you know it and I know it. My one liners, even though they are beyond your capacity to fathom at least let you pretend, to you, that you are responding.
This post being more than one line has you completely bamboozled and that is hilarious for all the thinking people on these boards.
I'm sorry that you don't understand this post, but tuff titties simpleton. Can you even count the number of times you have been insulted in this post without breaking the CoC...............................you are so pathetic.
Wylted
Wylted
I didn't read that. I only engage with you on my terms, please learn that bulprof
disgusted
disgusted
@shriveled plant.
I love the fear.

8 days later

ethang5
ethang5
So it is concluded that Mrs. Trump is great, intelligent, and beautiful, and the country loves her.

Does not surprise me.

disgusted
disgusted
Mrs Trump is a freaking immigrant, send her back like you want done with all immigrants. That would include yourself, oh dear.
ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
Going off Wylted's post, my grandfather talked about this, how a lot of local autobody shops owned by families closed down or sold out to big chains because they just couldn't manage with a bunch of the regulatory stuff that was coming down the pipes. The rags to stable middle-middle-class story that defined my family was only possible for that generation, all of the people who started their own businesses will tell you that it would be almost impossible to do what they did then, now. The combination of regulatory burden and competition with big chains would kill your business. He also talks about how much more trust-based everything was back then, and how, since there were no big chains, reputation was everything.

I know people who have worked in small body shops since then, and without fail the chains all pushed for profits. Mechanics were rewarded for marking up prices or selling repairs that customers didn't need, and met with an icy reception if they provided honest service. Most of them felt horrible working there, and a couple of guys that I knew left to work for a drone company instead. Just can't shake the feeling that in a saner world they would be doing body work and building a reputation with their skills, instead of squabling for other interns to design the most efficient means of delivering payloads to Yemeni weddings.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
Cultures like the one you miss are not created in vacuums. You must have the values, the principles. But what we have today is what we get from rampant political correctness and wanton progressive humanism.

Pick one.
ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
-->
@ethang5
I think the scale of society and consumerism play an even bigger role and that the loss of values and principles are just symptoms. Human social ecosystems are delicate things, and Schumpeter's gale is wailing louder now than it ever has before.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
I think the scale of society and consumerism play an even bigger role and that the loss of values and principles are just symptoms. 
Hmmm. I was sure it was the other way around.
Mharman
Debates: 18
Mharman
-->
@drafterman
The effects of those still boosted the economy.