How normal people argue

Author: Intelligence_06

Total: 7
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
As that I am a pretty chill person, I don’t start arguments unless the controversial topic greatly affects the world. The last time was a few months ago. I want know how normal people argue, as well as all these questions:

What count as sources in a verbal debate, and how does its justification operate?

Why that logic rarely works on normal arguments with people?

Suppose you are a good debater on DART, then does that mean you will do better in verbal debating? Why or why not?

Can you win against one person of your family in an ordinary argument? Why or why not?

Why is that people often use Ad hominem as the dominant strategy in their arguments?
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
What count as sources in a verbal debate, and how does its justification operate?
nothing, thats why its hard

a lot of people dont get it

Suppose you are a good debater on DART, then does that mean you will do better in verbal debating? Why or why not?
i think being on dart would give you some advantage

Can you win against one person of your family in an ordinary argument? Why or why not?

yes but i wouldnt want to do that

Why is that people often use Ad hominem as the dominant strategy in their arguments?
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Intelligence_06
forgot to tag you,post above
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Intelligence_06
What is normal, what is ordinary and is there a distinction to be made between a discussion and an argument?

And ad-hominem is usually indicative of a shortage of relevant information, so at that point it's best to walk away with confidence. 
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Intelligence_06
I don't know the answers to your questions.
But you could probably find some users willing to get into verbal discussions/arguments online, with the express purpose of reviewing the debate afterward, perhaps by having a third party ask the two debaters 'separately their thoughts during certain parts of the debate, what their justifications were for why they responded with certain statements, or what emotions they might have felt.
Which could be accomplished by either audio recording the debate, or taking notes.

9 days later

seldiora
Debates: 158
seldiora
normal persons response

news I guess

emotion

depends, you might get caught up in stuff

not my mom, I get too reckless and dumb

it works

131 days later

Jasmine
Debates: 4
Jasmine
People in real life tend to avoid issues, so then they bottle it up...One day, they crack and it's all emotional, no facts. At least, that's w
hat 
happens 
when I agrue.