KRISTIN URQUIZA SPEECH @2020 Democratic Convention

Author: oromagi

Total: 17
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
Hi, I'm Kristin Urquiza. I'm one of the many who has lost a loved one to COVID. My dad, Mark Anthony Urquiza, should be here today, but he isn't. He had faith in Donald Trump. He voted for him, listened to him, believed him and his mouthpieces when they said that coronavirus was under control and going to disappear, that it was OK to end social distancing rules before it was safe, and that if you had no underlying health conditions, you'd probably be fine.

So in late May after the stay-at-home order was lifted in Arizona, my dad went to a karaoke bar with his friends. A few weeks later, he was put on a ventilator. And after five agonizing days, he died alone in the ICU with a nurse holding his hand. My dad was a healthy 65-year-old. His only pre-existing condition was trusting Donald Trump, and for that he paid with his life.

I am not alone. Once I told my story, a lot of people reached out to me to share theirs. They asked me to help them keep their communities safe, especially communities of color, which have been disproportionately affected. They asked me, a normal person, to help because Donald Trump won't.

The coronavirus has made it clear that there are two Americas, the America that Donald Trump lives in and the America that my father died in. Enough is enough. Donald Trump may not have caused the coronavirus, but his dishonesty and his irresponsible actions made it so much worse.

We need a leader who has a national coordinated data-driven response to stop this pandemic from claiming more lives and to safely reopen the country. We need a leader who will step in on day one and do his job-- to care. One of the last things that my father said to me was that he felt betrayed by the likes of Donald Trump. And so when I cast my vote for Joe Biden, I will do it for my dad.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
A perfect summary of the utopia of unaccountable personal lifestyle choices.

Perhaps the daughter should be also held responsible as a person in authority for not caging her dad in an internment camp, preferably one with diet food since he looks rather obese in the political emotion photos.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@oromagi
Is this a copy paste or are you actually Kristin Urquiza?
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Intelligence_06
transcript from last night's Democratic Convention
oromagi
oromagi
A perfect summary of the utopia of unaccountable personal lifestyle choices. Perhaps the daughter should be also held responsible as a person in authority for not caging her dad in an internment camp, preferably one with diet food since he looks rather obese in the political emotion photos.
FROM Michelle Obama's 2020 Democratic Convention Keynote Address

"Over the past four years, a lot of people have asked me, 'When others are going so low, does going high still really work?'

My answer: going high is the only thing that works, because when we go low, when we use those same tactics of degrading and dehumanizing others, we just become part of the ugly noise that’s drowning out everything else. We degrade ourselves. We degrade the very causes for which we fight.

But let’s be clear: going high does not mean putting on a smile and saying nice things when confronted by viciousness and cruelty. Going high means taking the harder path. It means scraping and clawing our way to that mountain top. Going high means standing fierce against hatred while remembering that we are one nation under God, and if we want to survive, we’ve got to find a way to live together and work together across our differences.

And going high means unlocking the shackles of lies and mistrust with the only thing that can truly set us free: the cold, hard truth."
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
terrible speech,businesses opening is not what to blame for spiking cases, people not wearing masks and protests are
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
RIP to her dad though
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
My neighbor just put up a Trump flag. I’ve seen 5 Trump signia in my suburban neighborhood. Zero Biden signs.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Probably because it takes about the same amount of effort to put out a Biden sign as it is to take responsibility for individual personal life choices. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
Probably because it takes about the same amount of effort to put out a Biden sign as it is to take responsibility for individual personal life choices. 
It’s laughable. Biden is a joke. He’s not moderate like everyone says he is. Everytime I brought it up to a teacher of mine who identifies as a moderate Democrat that Joe is a radical he’s like no and justifies amnesty and free healthcare for illegal, Green new deal, etc. 
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
If a community doesn't wear masks, mingle in crowds, or drink bleach, it's too bad.
But even whatever I recall Trump saying so far, the people who make such decisions of their own free will, bother me more than Trump.
I don't like Trump, but the current left is still too far left for me.
Most I might do is vote for a third party, but not Biden at the current time.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
It’s laughable. Biden is a joke. He’s not moderate like everyone says he is. Everytime I brought it up to a teacher of mine who identifies as a moderate Democrat that Joe is a radical he’s like no and justifies amnesty and free healthcare for illegal, Green new deal, etc. 

After years of CNN saying 2+2=5 with no public accountability, they can make any willing viewer believe anything.
oromagi
oromagi
Might as well be graffiti for all the reasoning or wisdom displayed.  This little gang of super self-likers seem to have learned their dialectic from bathroom walls.
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@oromagi
Oh, why do you disagree?
I'm willing to listen.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lemming
Oh, why do you disagree?
I'm willing to listen.
Trump’s ban on China was xenophobia and we all should’ve partied in San Francisco’s Chinatown
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Pelosi should be held accountable for thousands of poor lifestyle decisions because of her "party in Chinatown speech". (of course not)

It's a fucked up belief that can only come from the mind of a coddled elite authoritarian.

Grow up and take responsibility for your own choices and stop blaming other people when you personally fuck up.
Otherwise, stay a child forever and do what feels right with no thought or worry about the consequences, and live in a predictable perpetual state of misery, fear, anger, despair, and learned helplessness.

How many happy victims do you know?

It's scientifically proven that your life is a LOT shorter if you walk around angry and depressed all day long.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
They seem to have the most problems with people