Lightfoot Bans Protesters At Her House To "Keep Home Safe."

Author: Vader

Total: 35
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
But aren't most of the protests peaceful? You would have nothing to worry about at all? So why do you do this? Or maybe it's cause you admit that you have lost control in the city you were elected to run, have not used enough force to get rid of the looters and rioters, and have failed your city. She is a selfish mayor running my beautiful city. If she wins re election, I will be shocked
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Vader
Generally, I agree.  Elected officials have less right to immunity from civil protest than non-elected citizens, not more. It's hard to get behind any executive order designed to exclusively benefit one executive.

I recall in June that 500 protesters tore down a gate to enter the private neighborhood of St. Louis Mayor Lyda Krewson.  When Mark and Patricia McCloskey stood armed on their front porch in a (melodramatic) defense of their property and the story went national, some left-wing pundits defended the tactic of taking the protest to  that Mayor's doorstep.  I wonder if those same pundits will criticize Lightfoot's exceptionalism.

Overall, I'm not an advocate of taking civil protests into residential and business venues.  The context is always supposed to be demanding government action and all non-violent action should be closely predicated on achievement of that action.  Going to the Mayor's house is provocative and escalatory, it inconveniences neighbors and creates unpredictable hazards for legit city work like policing and fire fighting.

Nevertheless, a civil protest is a sacred American rite and Lightfoot requires far heavier justification for interrupting that right than mere personal safety.  Of course, Lightfoot has the right to protect her wife and daughter but as the Mayor she enjoys many options and abundant protection.  The most effective action she could have taken would have been to simply advise the mob that she was at work in the Mayor's office and any protest at her home would fail to achieve the objective of her attention.

Most of the reports I see of violence in Chicago seem well distanced from political protests. Certainly, this most recent looting was just an opportunistic mob and under age to a remarkable degree.  Police shot a few people, right?  so I am wondering what increase in force you're looking for? Shooting a bunch people would be the next level of escalation but I doubt a massacre would achieve the peace Chicago seeks.    Blaming Lightfoot for  increased violence also strikes me as pretty disingenuous.  Lightfoot has been in office for a year while Chicago has been the most violent top 10 US city for more than 20 years.   It seems to me that the Cartels' drug war is the primary contributor to violent crime in Chicago and that sort of crime has proved fairly impervious to police escalations and mayoral decrees.
Vader
Vader
-->
@oromagi
 Of course, Lightfoot has the right to protect her wife and daughter but as the Mayor she enjoys many options and abundant protection.  The most effective action she could have taken would have been to simply advise the mob that she was at work in the Mayor's office and any protest at her home would fail to achieve the objective of her attention.

I agree with this. But she repeatedly says this is peaceful protest. Yet why should she block protests in her neighborhood? The hypocrisy she shows is surmountable 

Most of the reports I see of violence in Chicago seem well distanced from political protests. Certainly, this most recent looting was just an opportunistic mob and under age to a remarkable degree.  Police shot a few people, right? 
Not that I've seen. From my vision, there was no real police present at the riots
so I am wondering what increase in force you're looking for? Shooting a bunch people would be the next level of escalation but I doubt a massacre would achieve the peace Chicago seeks.    Blaming Lightfoot for  increased violence also strikes me as pretty disingenuous.  Lightfoot has been in office for a year while Chicago has been the most violent top 10 US city for more than 20 years. 
There is a stat where Chicago's crime has increased since her tenure
  It seems to me that the Cartels' drug war is the primary contributor to violent crime in Chicago and that sort of crime has proved fairly impervious to police escalations and mayoral decrees.
And the solution overall is to defund the police? Crime is raging in our city, and apparently the solution is to defund the police
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Vader
Sorry to hear that Supa.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Greyparrot
It's terrible. I love my city, but sometimes it disappointing to me
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Vader
The problem with showing people that things can be better (lower unemployment, more jobs, better security etc...) is that people get furious when it is taken away.

Perhaps there is some value in the philosophy of Obama's "new normal" opiate that placates the masses with a false sense of normalcy.

Nobody really complained about homelessness, crime and poverty in liberal cities this much when it had been a problem for over 50 years and is still a problem under Democrat dynasty control.

It's like taking a kid into a toy store for 5 minutes before dropping her off at school for the day. Cruel.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Greyparrot
That's a pretty good point in general. Chicago had 283 killings this year and is a leading nation in homicides. Nothing is done about that
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
@Vader
Rules for thee but not for me — the motto of the Democratic Party
dustryder
Debates: 5
dustryder
-->
@ILikePie5
Don't be ridiculous. One instance of selfishness does not paint the entire democratic party.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
@dustryder
Don't be ridiculous. One instance of selfishness does not paint the entire democratic party.
This statement just proves my point
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Yep, full tolerance for the radicals in the DNC. 

Another reason why a bartender is challenging the DNC status quo.
dustryder
dustryder
-->
@ILikePie5
How so?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@dustryder
How so?
I’m not going to convince you to vote for Trump no matter what I say. I don’t see a point in telling you what I see because you’re going to argue the opposite, which is fine. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Did you hear that Tulsi was barred from the DNC?

I guess that's one of those "isolated instances of selfishness"

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
Did you hear that Tulsi was barred from the DNC?

I guess that's one of those "isolated instances of selfishness"
Ya I told my friend and he just laughed it off 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
That's fine.

Talk to the bartender for the next DNC spin.

Tulsi has been cut off. Too drunk on rationality and caring about people over power.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
That's fine. 

Talk to the bartender for the next DNC spin.

Tulsi has been cut off. Too drunk on rationality and caring about people over power.
Yup. Nowadays I just point out certain things to liberals. Get them thinking and hopefully looking for the answer themselves. Some just repeat talking points, others ask for my source and I just provide it then leave.
dustryder
dustryder
-->
@ILikePie5
In that case it obviously doesn't prove your point because it's been left unsubstantiated
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@dustryder
In that case it obviously doesn't prove your point because it's been left unsubstantiated
Thats your opinion that I will never be able to change. Fine with me
dustryder
dustryder
-->
@ILikePie5
It's not really a matter of opinion. Here's some light reading that will hopefully elucidate you

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@dustryder
It's not really a matter of opinion. Here's some light reading that will hopefully elucidate you
I think my opinion still stands. You’re entitled to your opinion that my opinion doesn’t stand though.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Lol, it's insane liberals are going to argue there is no rift in the DNC, that the extremists are not blatently taking over the party.

Rules for the moderate liberal (and Tulsi Gabbard)... but not for them... (cough, cough Antifa...cough, cough BLM, cough, cough Lightfoot)
Joe isn't even allowed to speak without permission due to his white maleness. (and other reasons), so they need sock-puppet Kamala to speak for him.

That's what happens whe everyone is treated on the basis of skin color, ideology, and groupthink instead of the actual good of the people in America. 

Inequality in action. Thank you DNC.
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@Vader
I feel for you. I've visited Chicago about 4 times I think, and I'm always fascinated by the city. It is a huge shame it is so crime-ridden. The double whammy is that it is ran by the same people who made it so crime-ridden in the first place. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5

Juan reacts exactly like every liberal I talk to. Bad things are ALWAYS equated to Trump...somehow...

"Democrats are leveraging Terror.."
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
Juan reacts exactly like every liberal I talk to. Bad things are ALWAYS equated to Trump...somehow...

"Democrats are leveraging Terror.."
People are tired of their bs
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Vader
Boston Gang rise up-atleast were smart enough to elect a RINO, or RINOS-weld,romney and baker
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Vader
but yes, democratic mayors are indeed-the worst
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Dr.Franklin
It's really sad that RINO's, as shit useless as they come, are still better then any establishment Democrat.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Greyparrot
yeah i know but our senators are pretty progressive and the ethnic minority part of Boston is part of the squad

did you see markey vs kennedy debate and "when did you cry last"
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Dr.Franklin
This is a FANTASTIC clip highlighting the quintissential "rules for thee but not for me" Democratic party.