Archived
Read-only
Total: 132
Barney
Debates: 49
Barney
Hall of Fame II
Nomination Stage Rules
 Welcome to DART's second official Hall of Fame induction process! This thread is for the first stage of that process, namely, the nominations stage. During this stage, users (you) may propose nominees in four categories (users, threads, debates, and miscellaneous) for inclusion in the Hall of Fame. The nominees with the most nominations in each category (approx. 4-6 per category) will advance to the second stage of the process.

Any user will be able to propose up to three nominees per category for a maximum of 12 nominations per nominating user. Nominators may choose to nominate less than the maximum number if they so choose. You may nominate any of your content, but not yourself as a user. The nominating process will close sometime on 08/30/20 (most likely morning around 10:00am, PST).

When you propose a nomination, you are permitted nay encouraged to offer a brief justification for, explanation of, or reason for your nomination. Please also bold your nominations to make them more visible. You are permitted to change your nominations within reason.

There are no formal criteria for determining who/what can be nominated except that it must be on DART and cannot be a previous winner within said category. However, if moderation concludes that a nomination is wholly and blatantly incongruous with the purpose of the HOF (that purpose being to highlight good, notable, and/or consequential inductees), we reserve the right to withhold forwarding that nomination to the second stage of the process.

There are no prerequisites or eligibility requirements for users to participate in the Hall of Fame nominating process, except that they have an account on DART and are not voting/nominating from more than one account. Importantly, please don't engage in coordinated vote trading and such, as that would be incongruous.

Categories
  • Users: A way to honor any noteworthy user for their contributions to the site and community.
  • Debates: A way to highlight must read debates.
  • Threads: A way to highlight must read or at least influential threads.
  • Miscellaneous: Anything else, particularly but not exclusively for comedic value.

Let's Begin!
With all that said, let the nominating process begin! If you have questions, feel free to ask. Good luck to everyone and best wishes on a fantastic Hall of Fame process. This is a wonderful site and community, and there is so much greatness out there to recognize! We look forward to honoring those contributions and users who have made this site what it is!
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
I will start with my nominations. These are the two users I think deserve to be in. I am deciding a third

oromagi
What else can I say? He is a talented debater and is good at challenging BoP's. He knowledge and has contributed a lot to the site in general with his mafia and his debates. He is a valued user

Ragnar
Ragnar has proven himself to be a capable moderator for DART. He has made some appropriate decision and difficult decisions as well. He is someone who has stepped up after some drama

Thread

When Utopia Crumbles LIVE THREAD
While this is my fanfic thread, this had MUCH more of an impact due to the fact that this caused a new wave of moderators to form, and was the most impactful thread for the site in genera

Marvel Cinematic Universe Heroes Mafia 
A legendary mafia game, currently with the record for most posts, and almost beat the DDO record! Insane!

Tyranny at Lafayette Park
Very relevant thread that had thought proactive discussion
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
I'll just focus on debates for now, come back to users later:

Resolved: The US should institute congressional term limits
bsh1 vs. blamonkey

Abortion should be illegal
SkepticalOne vs. PGA2.0

Ethics of cloning and genetic engineering in humans
nvmarco vs. fauxlaw
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
USERS: 

1. OROMAGI - Oro is still undefeated and his rating is the year Germany remilitarized the Rhineland (1936). No elaboration needed.

2. RAGNAR - An invaluable user and moderator. Without him, the site crumbles... Both in the moderation realm and the debate realm. In fact, pretty sure his votes are the only thing keeping the majority of debates from being ties. He is perhaps the user I respect most.

3. SUPADUDZ - A fun user with almost unlimited energy, this guy is #1 in the forums at almost 10,000 posts. Jesus Christ. He is also a talented debater and a valued advisor for the mod team. In many ways, Supa's energy keeps the site going. 

DEBATES:

Legalized Abortion
Vector vs MisterChris

bsh1 vs. blamonkey

The Pro-Choice Position Should Not be Compared with Language or Actions Used by the Nazis
PGA2.0 vs Whiteflame

THREAD:

1. I am being banned over pure lies.
Author: RationalMadman,17 days ago

This one is a jumble of comedy and drama that is virtually unbeatable. Probably will be my only forum nomination. 

Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@Barney
Debates:

Resolved: Atheists have a burden of Proof
CalebEr vs Intelligence_06

Resolved: On Balance, Charter Schools are Beneficial to the Quality of Education in the United States.
Seldiora vs Supadudz

Legalized Abortion
Vector vs MisterChris

Users:

Oromagi- Flawless record of 86:0. Honestly, no one has beaten it yet.

Supadudz- He is very contributional in this community. From being active in Mafia games to hosting polls to discussing useful(or even useless) ideas, he is really a very contributional user.

Threads:

How de-scaled are you?(Political and social poll)
Mharman
Debates: 18
Mharman
Supadudz, oromagi, and bsh1 are my 3 nominations
Crocodile
Debates: 22
Crocodile
super dumb, wagbar, and uwu magic
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Crocodile
Please use coherent english.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
Nominate supa

How did this not already happen last year?
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
Oh yeah mharman has a good point

Nominate bsh
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@MisterChris
This one is a jumble of comedy and drama that is virtually unbeatable.
Hm, like the part where Ragnar posted a link to RM saying "I now have permission to reveal this info" and RM responded to that link by saying "That was me asking for permission"? That was pretty funny I admit. I will consider possibly supporting this nomination.
Vader
Vader
My third nomination for user is Speedrace

He's been an active member, was a forum mod for a bit, and is someone who contributes to the site in general always willing to help. He's one of the nicest people I've met on DART and while we differ politically, I'm glad me and him can have civil discourse. He's also talented at mafia
Vader
Vader
Vote Tally

User
SupaDudz (5)
oromagi (5)
Ragnar (4)
bsh1 (2)
Speedrace (1)

Debate
Seldiora vs SupaDudz R1 Charter School (1)
Legalized  Abortion (2)
Atheists have BOP (1)
The Pro-Choice Position Should Not be Compared with Language or Actions Used by the Nazi (1)
Congressional Limits (1)

Thread
I am being banned for pure lies (1)
When Utopia Crumbles LIVE THREAD (1)
MCU Characters DP1 (1)
Tyranny at Lafayette Park (1)
How de-scalled are you? (1)
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
Oh yeah I totally forgot ragnar.

Nominate Ragnar
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
I haven't decided on a third yet, but I do nominate both Ragnar and Bsh1 for the user category. 
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
None other has so good a claim;;
Put Supadudz in the Hall of Fame.
Don't neglect to add his name;

Su-pa-pa-dudz, Su-pa-pa-dudz.

If he doesn't get in, t'would be a shame;
Once again, repeat the same:

Users:
Supadudz: Irrepressibly friendly, tremendously active, and almost universally well-liked, Supadudz is one of DART's most valuable members. He's near 10000 forum posts, is extremely active in mafia, and has competed in 27 debates and rap battles. He is also a very creative user, as evidenced by his collection of poetry, raps, and songs that he's written. He would be a worthy addition to the Hall of Fame.

oromagi: He's undefeated at 86 wins and counting. His style of debate is well-organized and logical, yet also interjected with some humor. This has allowed him to reach a rating nearly 200 points ahead of his nearest rival. But more than just being a good debater, he is a good person. This combination of formidable debating skills and an approachable friendliness should earn him a place in the Hall of Fame.

Ragnar: He is the second-ranked active debater on the site, third overall. Some consider him to be the most skilled debater, although he denies this with genuine modesty. He also applies his talents as the site's deputy moderator, a duty at which he excels. His fairness as a moderator and talent as a debater shows where he belongs: the Hall of Fame.

Debates:
bsh1 vs. blamonkey
A masterpiece from two of DART's best debaters. It really helped me understand both sides of the debate.

I'll probably nominate more debates later.

Forums:
DART Bard, 1st Edition, 1/3/2020
Presented without comment.

I'll probably add more threads and a miscellaneous item later.

Vader
Vader
Vote Tally

User
SupaDudz (6)
oromagi (6)
Ragnar (6)
bsh1 (3)
Speedrace (1)

Debate
Seldiora vs SupaDudz R1 Charter School (1)
Legalized  Abortion (2)
Atheists have BOP (1)
The Pro-Choice Position Should Not be Compared with Language or Actions Used by the Nazi (1)
Congressional Limits (2)

Thread
I am being banned for pure lies (1)
When Utopia Crumbles LIVE THREAD (1)
MCU Characters DP1 (1)
Tyranny at Lafayette Park (1)
How de-scalled are you? (1)
DART Bard 1 (1)

Vader
Vader
-->
@SirAnonymous
I knew it was Bard, but my brain auto-corrected itself HAHA

Also that's a very nice write up! Thank you :)
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Vader
Whoops, I deleted my post between the time you fixed it and the time you replied.

You're welcome for the write-up.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
wait y'all are voing for a user that has left half a year ago? That sounds strange.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Intelligence_06
He was the former chief mod (if you didn't know) 
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Intelligence_06
He was the former chief moderator. If you read the Utopia Crumbles thread that was nominated, you can find out why he is no longer the chief moderator.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Barney
Upon that there are only 3 categories of data that are publically shared, what is misc for?
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
Ninja'd by Supa.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Vader
There is one each for two abortion debates. they aren't the same people overall and just not the same discourse.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Intelligence_06
Good point. I'll add the users once more votes come

Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Vader
What is one example for misc category? what can even be in it?
Vader
Vader
-->
@Intelligence_06
It can be like a funny comment, a funny post, an interest post. Also, there isn't any rules to it integrity wise versus categories such as users and debates
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06

Oromagi coronavirus poems(Forums)
Oromagi
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
wait I can't nominate 4 debates... Ok I think delete that one.