Naruto Mafia Endgame

Author: Vader

Total: 55
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Town wins

There is no such thing as mafia

MisterChris: You are Naruto Uzumaki. The main protagonist of the show, you were cursed with the spirit of the nine-tailed fox living inside of you, which labels you as an outcast. However, with this power, you use it to protect the Hidden Leaf Village and are one of the most powerful ninjas to ever exist, able to defeat some of the hardest opponents. You are a Demi God (even night). Each night, the great wheel is spun to determine what action you will do. The wheel decides between healing, killing, and investigative. Once the wheel has chosen, you may decide which action would you like to perform. If you decide to use your killing role, if you kill an innocent, you will be unable to vote for the DP. You win with town.

Greyparrot: You are Sasuke Uchiha. One of the last remaining of the Uchiha clan, you are considered the prodigy of the class and are considered the strongest by many peers. You act on revenge, trying to kill your brother Itachi and get revenge on him for killing your family. You are a Tracker. Each night you may choose to track someone. You win with town.

Oromagi: You are Lady Tsunade. The Fifth Hokage elected by the great counsel, you are heir to Sarutobi Sensai, the Third Hokage, after his tragic passing in his fight with Orochimaru. You are given the power of healing and creating medicine, and are ⅓ of the legendary Sannin. You are a Doctor. Each night you may choose someone to save. You win with town.

That1User: You are Sakura Haruno. You adore Sasuke and fall madly in love with him, to the point where you would sacrifice yourself for him. You are also adored by Naruto, but hate him because he is a punk. You come to your senses when Sasuke is kidnapped, and start to appreciate Naruto and all he has done for you. You are also the smartest in your field and can memorize various jutsu’s. You are a Weak Hider. Each night you may choose to hind behind another character. If you hide behind mafia or any killing role, you die. You win with Town

Speedrace: You are Gaara. You are similar to Naruto in a sense that a spirit lives inside of you and you are virtually impossible to stop, but you have a different motive. Your motive is to kill everyone, and your only way of living is through killing others, but in Shippuden, you reform yourself and soon become the Kazekage. You are Strongarm Vengeful. If (MisterChris) is killed in the night, you will kill the person that killed him the next night. However, if this person activates any form of defense on themselves, you ultimately sacrifice yourself. If anyone visits you, they will be shot. You win with town. You can not dye except by lynching

Crocodile: You are Kakashi Sensai. Labeled as the “copy” ninja due to your ability to analyze an opponents moves and copy them using the Sharigan, you are a fierce ninja with extreme quickness, and can de-escalate situations with a calming voice, you are hidden behind a mask of mystery. You are a Mimic. Once per game you may visit another player. You will permanently gain the role of that player, replacing this one. If you mimic a mafia player, you turn into a Vanilla. You win with Town.

Pattern: You are Hinata Hyuga. You are the heiress to the main branch of the Hyuga clan, therefore you are the one that is the savior to the clan, but you are worst than your cousin, Neji. You are Vanilla Town.

skittlez09: You are Rock Lee. You have literally no skill in Ninjutsu or Genjutsu, so you are overall worthless. However, your hard work and mastery in Taijustu’s leads you to give Sasuke troubles when in a friendly battle. You are extremely fast and can move at the speed of light. You are also a meme in the dubbed version. You are a vanilla townie.

WaterPhoenix: You are Iruka Sensai. You are the teacher of Naruto in the series and the first person that truly believed in him. You have no jutsu abilities besides the most powerful one, the talk no jutsu. You are Vanilla Town

============
iLikePie5: You are Pain. You are one of the most famous villains, which you possess the Rinnegan and reincarnate yourself in the body of your friend, Yahigo. You are a god like force, and want the world to be balanced under your version of the Akatsuki. You are the Janitor (x1) (Perma). One night, you may choose whether or not the NK target role will be revealed for the entire DP. You win with mafia.

Ragnar: You are Kisame Hoshigaki. Appearing with Itachi, you are able to block people out with a strong sword that stops enemies. You are a Roleblocker. Each night you select a person who you will block. You win with mafia

BearMan: You are Madara Uchiha. One of the main villains in the series, you are the creator and founder of the Akatskuki, and are responsible for the summoning of the nine tailed fox in the Hidden Leaf, trying to destroy the Leaf after the pain they caused the Uchiha clan. You have a Rinnegan, which means you are sent as a god of creation. You are extremely powerful in all of your jutsu’s, in fact, you are so powerful, the creator of the show had no idea on how to kill you since you are technically that powerful You are Ninja. Your steps do not appear on any radar. You win with mafia

============
NP Actions

NP1:
Chris receives 1x investigativeOromagi doc That1user
That1user hide behind Pie
BearMan NK That1UserGreyparrot track Ragnar

Endgame Comments:
Game Mechanics: Theme Split is Akatsuki vs Naruto’s Supporters. Some may even argue that Sasuke isn’t a supporter, but I argue without Sasuke, Naruto would not have grown into the hero proclaimed to be in the series in general. All justifications made sense for people who watched Naruto. There is some controversy about Sakura’s which I point out a key detail in the role of the PM. Notice how her role description relies heavily on Naruto and Sasuke for her character development, and not much on her overall ability besides her smartness. This is why she was a weak hider in the game. All justifications were linked. Another one was Greyparrot’s, which I did say you want to kill your brother Itachi! I mean, how do you even know where the guy is lmao. You have to TRACK him. Anyway moving on to balance.

I do believe this did mildly favor the town side, however it was a 9v3 setup with major town disadvantages in general. 

Tracker ---> Ninja
Doctor ----> Roleblocker
Weak Hider is essentially a town detriment. No actions can be done on this person on both sides and they can die by hiding behind mafia, which seemed to be the case in general
Strong Vengeful + PGO is the role that makes it town sided in general, however, this can be countered by a RB, which kills the role. The strong variant in vengeful is simply the addition of a PGO variant.
Then there’s Demi God, which is just an additional ⅓ to any of killing, invest, heal.The Mimic turns into Vanilla when encountered with mafia, so mafia can get away with a fake claim of vanilla if worse comes to worse

The Ninja is obvious, and the Janitor stirs paranoia within town was the objective.

I ran the balance with Disc and Drafter, and both were OK with the balance

Behavior:

BearMan, skittlez, Croc: BearMan can fuck off and cry all he wants. skittlez and Croc need better reads in general. Just jumping on bandwagons

Pie and Ragnar: Fuck off

Chris and That1: You guys played well, especially Chris. Had some good analysis and really liked his reads

Greyparrot: Idek im pissed but you can live your life. claiming sasuke was dangerous

Speedrace: Should've claimed the variant IMO to try to lever off pressure, but I understand why. 

Pattern/Luna:  You had some good points overall about laziness and bandwagoning, but I think emotions somewhat clouded judgement

Town MVP is Chris. For his first time, he played really  well

Mafia MVP is no one

Vader
Vader
Also this was not mod abuse my any means. Challenge me to a debate on this and I will fight tooth and nail on this issue
Vader
Vader
i dont feel like pinging so just comment
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Definitely mod abuse. We would’ve had a free kill in the night phase which likely was going to be Oro with an RB on Chris per Oro’s wishes. It would’ve been enough to derail the entire convo into me
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@MisterChris
@skittlez09
@Crocodile
@BearMan
@Pattern
Ping!
Vader
Vader
-->
@ILikePie5
No it wasn't. You would've still gotten away with an Oro kill. You still had Madara the ninja, who was silent from tracks. You had a fair chance to win

Ragnar wouldn't have been lynched
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Greyparrot
@Barney
@That1User
@Speedrace
@WaterPhoenix
One ping only, Mister Vasili.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@oromagi
Because someone needs to do the pinging.
Barney
Debates: 49
Barney
-->
@Vader
@ILikePie5
You two really should just debate each other on either this specific game, or more generally the topic of extensions.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Barney
You two really should just debate each other on either this specific game, or more generally the topic of extensions.
I don’t debate on here. I hate the formal ness of it.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Barney
I'd be down too in general. I don't have a problem with Pie. I just think it's a shitty thing to do to concede a game where there is a way to win
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
Thanks for the MVP!
Vader
Vader
-->
@MisterChris
You did a really good job playing mafia for your first time. You had some good reads and justified a lot. I think you will be a good mafia player with practice. Now you know a lot about lying and justifications and such. 
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
wtf? Only two days passed and town won?
Vader
Vader
-->
@Intelligence_06
The scum conceded the game because of a time extension :/
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@Vader
The experience definitely helps. The only reason I could play this at all frankly was because I read a ton of info on the mafia wiki LOL
Vader
Vader
Oh, LVP is BearMan
Pattern
Debates: 1
Pattern
Dude read crocs role! If he would have claimed the part about turning to vanilla if visiting scum I'd have been screwed lmao
Barney
Barney
Final DASHBOARD
X.That1User               Sakura Haruno         HIDER(weak)          ???
X.Speedrace              Gaara                             VENGEFUL (PGO)  N/A
TOWN                          CLAIM                          ROLE                           NP1 TARGET       NP2 TARGET 
oromagi                      ???                                  ???                                ???
Ragnar                         Ensui Nara                  ROLEBLOCKER      iLikePie5
iLikePie5                     Kaguya Otsutsuki    SOLDIER                   N/A
Crocodile                    Kakashi Hatake        MIMIC (vanilla)     Pattern 
WaterPhoenix           ???                                  ???                               ???
BearMan                     CHOJI Akimichi          VANILLA                   N/A
skittlez09                    Rock Lee                       VANILLA                   N/A
Greyparrot                 Sasuke Uchicha        TRACKER                 Ragnar
MrChris                       ???                                   ???                               ???
Pattern                        Hinata Hyuga             VANILLA                   N/A
iLikePie5                    Kaguya Otsutsuki      SOLDIER                  N/A
SCUM                          CLAIM                            ROLE                         NP1 TARGET       NP2 TARGET

And what it likely would have looked like DP3
Projected DASHBOARD
X.That1User               Sakura Haruno         HIDER(weak)          ???
X.Speedrace              Gaara                             VENGEFUL (PGO)  N/A
X.oromagi                  Lady Tsunade            Doctor                         ???                            ???
TOWN                          CLAIM                          ROLE                           NP1 TARGET       NP2 TARGET 
Ragnar                         Ensui Nara                  ROLEBLOCKER      iLikePie5              MisterChris
Crocodile                    Kakashi Hatake        MIMIC (vanilla)     Pattern                  N/A
WaterPhoenix           ???                                  ???                               ???                             ???
BearMan                     CHOJI Akimichi          VANILLA                   N/A                           N/A
skittlez09                    Rock Lee                       VANILLA                   N/A                           N/A
Greyparrot                 Sasuke Uchicha        TRACKER                 Ragnar                   ???
MrChris                       ???                                   ???                               ???                              ???
Pattern                        Hinata Hyuga             VANILLA                   N/A                           N/A
SCUM                          CLAIM                            ROLE                         NP1 TARGET       NP2 TARGET
X. iLikePie5                Pain                                Janitor                       
Barney
Barney
-->
@Pattern
To be clear, this isn't about a villain being lynched. We accepted that the moment both Type1 turned out to be a hider, and had Grey followed me as planned. Three whole days to lynch Pie after that, which we were fine with.
So your entire strategy to win as mafia is to hope town has too many lazy or inactives to ever pull a lynch off? I think your time is better off re-evaluating your scum play then blaming the mod for a common extension. I encourage extensions even if they dont benefit me. I asked for one last day phase when I was still a likely lynch candidate lol
Literally the opposite of what I said.
Pattern
Pattern
-->
@ILikePie5
Definitely mod abuse. We would’ve had a free kill in the night phase which likely was going to be Oro with an RB on Chris per Oro’s wishes. It would’ve been enough to derail the entire convo into me
Why oro? Could have used him to mislynch me or croc.
Pattern
Pattern
-->
@Barney
Literally the opposite of what I said.
Extensions are very common and frequent in mafia games, so this is ridiculous. If I'd have quit every time I was scum and screwed over by an extension, my scum w/l record would be much lower.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Pattern
Why oro? Could have used him to mislynch me or croc.
Power role. 
Pattern
Pattern
-->
@ILikePie5
Power role. 
But what about grey? You would have just ignored him?
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
  • I, for one, am just fine with Supa's conduct and game design as mod,  including time extension.  I remember that in bsh1's beginner's series (which  revival we know Supa is considering), time extensions were commonplace.  Personally, I think DP time periods are way too long and a big part of why people lose interest and drift away from investigations.  If time periods were shorter -12 hours, 24 hours there would be a greater sense of urgency to participation, and slackers would be sorely disadvantaged.
  • Losing your first mafia in DP2 is hardly unusual or profoundly disadvantaging.
    • The number one reason for lynching Pie was provided to town by Ragnar- a very damning accusation.  I am quite surprised to discover Ragnar was scum and if Ragnar's gambit was NOT to get Pie lynched in DP2 then I think SCUM only has themselves to blame for the result.
  • SCUM's early quit, especially when they had numerous factors in their favor (esp Ragnar's manifest towniness when Pie flipped SCUM) is poor sportsmanship in my estimation.
  • If we want to increase participation on DebateArt and if we play Mafia as one instrument towards that increase, I think it is incumbent on all players to disagree with gameplay courteously and objectively.  If we want to have a discussion about hard sticking DP end times, I think that discussion is legitimate but should be held after a full faith effort in the game is done and when emotions have cooled to promote objectivity.    Kicking over the chessboard  mid game is never cool and does not encourage new players to participate.

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Pattern
But what about grey? You would have just ignored him?
Yup he served his purpose by tracking Ragnar
Vader
Vader
-->
@oromagi
If we want to increase participation on DebateArt and if we play Mafia as one instrument towards that increase, I think it is incumbent on all players to disagree with gameplay courteously and objectively.  If we want to have a discussion about hard sticking DP end times, I think that discussion is legitimate but should be held after a full faith effort in the game is done and when emotions have cooled to promote objectivity.    Kicking over the chessboard  mid game is never cool and does not encourage new players to participate.
I agree with this. I know on DDO there was a lot of philosophy, mod psyche, and balance posts discussing this stuff as well. I think there needs to be more of that in discussions as well versus playing to what you believe

I also want to revive the series, but there is a lack of interest among most people.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@ILikePie5
Yup he served his purpose by tracking Ragnar
If he tracked the nk or something thats pretty risky. Not judging, I have frequently allowed known power roles to live to try and work out other threats.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Greyparrot
who would you have tracked np2?
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@oromagi
I agree with your last post. That said; Can you stop always being so damn suspicious of me lol. I mean statistically I am going to be down in the majority of games I play. You even suspected me when I counterclaimed in the last game lol.