Barney
Debates: 49
Barney
Primary voting has ended.

Awardees

Debates:

Threads:

Miscellaneous:
This is only 2 from Misc. What do you all think, a round of voting for a third, or simply advance only 2 forward this year?
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@Barney
Doesn't matter to me.
Barney
Barney
Okay here is the draft. Recipients are encouraged to reach out to any specific users they would like to do the final write-up to be posted in the main HoF thread, or even submit their own (and yes, they may be updated later).

Hall of Fame II

Pursuant to the first Hall of Fame election process, the following are inducted into the DebateArt.com Hall of Fame:

-- Users --

oromagi

He’s undefeated at 88 wins and counting. His style of debate is well-organized and logical, yet also interjected with some humor. This has allowed him to reach a rating nearly 200 points ahead of his nearest rival. But more than just being a good debater, he is a good person. This combination of formidable debating skills and an approachable friendliness should earn him a place in the Hall of Fame.
          -SirAnonymous

Ragnar

Ragnar has been my model for online debating since he handed me my first debate loss back in 2013.  A US immigrant who served our country as a medic under fire in Iraq with the 82nd (“DEATH from ABOVE”) Airborne division, Ragnar has earned my admiration and gratitude far above and apart from any website participation but I believe that history and strength of character is evident in his leadership here among our little company of madmen and malcontents.  He is not just a paragon of persuasion, he is also an composer of crystal clear prose.  He is not just a moderator, he is also moderate and fair-minded and restrained in wise opinion.   After our losses in leadership late last year, Ragnar stepped up into the breach to preserve the legitimacy and quality of debates on this site and remains the strongest arch upholding the leaky roof that is our voting policy.   In fact, he’s just weeks away from becoming our all time top voter.  For his humor, keen reason, good sportsmanship, even-handed leadership and easy friendship, Ragnar is most worthy of this elevation to DebateArt’s Hall of Fame.
          -Oromagi

SupaDudz

A fun user with almost unlimited energy, this guy is #1 in the forums at almost 10,000 posts. Jesus Christ. He is also a talented debater and a valued advisor for the mod team. In many ways, Supa’s energy keeps the site going. 
          -MisterChris

Also earned a poem about why he should be in it from oro: https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/4681/post-links/194599

-- Debates --

Resolved: The US should institute congressional term limits

This was an intense debate between two incredible debaters that ended up being one of the hardest decisions I have had to make as a judge. As someone who has had the pleasure of debating bsh1 twice before, he brought his best to this debate, and I was impressed to see blamonkey rise to the challenge. These are two debaters for whom I have a great deal of respect, and they put on a clinic in a debate that rivals the best I have read on both DA and DDO. This is well worth the read for anyone who wants to see the best the site has to offer.
         -whiteflame

Legalized Abortion

This is an odd one, since it offers no middle ground (without exception all abortions legal or illegal, when the issue is clearly not black and white like that).
Still, while being short it manages to offer good value for research of the sides, to include an interesting chicken egg analogy.
Plus it is argued well enough that even a feminist like me ends up favoring con on the strength of arguments presented.
         -Ragnar

Is Jesus the Messiah?

While drilling down to one core issue, this was possibly the most in depth religious debate we’ve had. The educational value of this debate cannot be overstated.
         -Ragnar

-- Threads --

DART Bard, 1st Edition, 1/3/2020
SirAnonymous

The DART Bard, created by the user, SirAnonymous, seems like a normal DramaAlert esc news source discussing the topics. However, when you read it, it is much more than just that. SirAnonymous creates fictional character’s to relay the news to the people of DART in each characters own unique way. The DART Bard is extremely well written, comical, and most importantly, gives you the news going on in DART. This piece of work is always funny and informative, leaving the users of DART craving for another edition everytime! This thread would eventually become a Hall of Fame thread, and I am glad it was nominated sooner rather than later.
         -SupaDudz

I will stereotype debaters properly.
RationalMadman

It’s just too much fun, and could be picked back up at any time.
         -Ragnar

DEBATE ART TOURNAMENT ROUND ONE
Bearman

Despite being a relatively new user, BearMan has established his value to the site very quickly; and this thread is just another proof of it. Organizing and executing a tournament is an immense task, and BearMan and the voters (Ragnar and Whiteflame) have outdone themselves in making sure it goes smoothly. Not only was this a fun and unique idea, but it also had ramifications for the site as a whole. Before the tournament, debate activity on the site had grinded to a near halt. But as soon as it kicked off, DART saw a massive influx of debate activity and new, energetic users. While probably not the sole cause, this thread (the one that started it all) has certainly earned some credit.
         -MisterChris

-- Misc.--

Ragnar is the natural alpha male of this website.
RationalMadman

It is certainly interesting to see unorthodox discussions about our site’s users(especially in a positive light), with battles that intend no serious harm whatsoever.
         -Intelligence_06

BrotherDThomas’ performance art
BrotherDThomas

Seriously, love him or hate him, BrotherDThomas is probably the highlight of the religious forum... Which probably confirms me as a pseudo-christian needing to be bible-slapped silly™ for talking about him instead of Jesus!
         -Ragnar

I can’t help but enjoy reading his posts. They are the perfect level of over-top-ness.
         -SirAnonymous

Conclusion
This concludes the induction announcement. Congratulations to all those inducted!

SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Barney
Looks like you still need some write-ups.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Barney
@SirAnonymous
The write ups should be from the users selected. I know Speed is still doing write up lol
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Vader
Gotcha.
Barney
Barney
-->
@Vader
@SirAnonymous
The above write-ups are placeholders. Nothing (except for what and who won) is finalized yet.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Barney
Ok was just informing. No worries
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@Barney
As someone who closely followed the debate between Vector and I, I think you'd be great to do the write up for it. 
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@blamonkey
Hey, as one of the voters on this debate, I'd be happy to do the write up for this one.
blamonkey
Debates: 24
blamonkey
-->
@whiteflame
I'd be honored to let you do it. 
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@blamonkey
Pleasure's all mine, best debate I've read in a long time.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Barney
I can do a write up for the DART Bard
Barney
Barney
-->
@Vader
SirAnonymous would probably like that. In lue of any other preference expressed by the author, I see no reason not to trust it to you.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Barney
@Vader
I think Supa will do a good job with that.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Barney
@SirAnonymous
The DART Bard, created by the user, SirAnonymous, seems like a normal DramaAlert esc news source discussing the topics. However, when you read it, it is much more than just that. SirAnonymous creates fictional characters to relay the news to the people of DART in each characters own unique way. The DART Bard is extremely well written, comical, and most importantly, gives you the news going on in DART. This piece of work is always funny and informative, leaving the users of DART craving for another edition everytime! This thread would eventually become a Hall of Fame thread, and I am glad it was nominated sooner rather than later.

-SupaDudz

Vader
Vader
Please correct my grammar mistakes if there is any
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Vader
That's a nice write up. Thanks.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Vader
Please correct my grammar mistakes if there is any
Absolutely. That should be "if there are any."
Vader
Vader
-->
@SirAnonymous
No problem. And I am confident there are some just knowing me despite me re reading it 2x
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Vader
"each characters own unique way." It should be character's because it's possessive.
"The DART Bard is extremely well written, comical, and most importantly, gives you the news going on in DART." This bothers me because it violates the principle of parallelism. For instance, the sentence "I like pigs, dogs, and cats" exhibits parallelism because each item in the list is the same type of grammatical construct, whereas "I like pigs, dogs, and petting cats" does not because petting cats isn't a noun like the other items in the list. In your sentence, the items in the list are "well written, comical, and gives you the news". The first two are adjectives, but the last item is a clause. However, I'm not sure if it actually needs rewriting because the way you broke it up with "and most importantly" disguises the lack of parallelism. While it's technically incorrect, most people probably won't notice.

Hey, the "Editor of the DART Bard" isn't just a joke title. I really do have to edit it.
Vader
Vader
-->
@SirAnonymous
I would have thought lmao

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@SirAnonymous
 I never thanked everybody for this honor.  Thank you.

Thanks especially to SirAnonymous for his kind words.

Congrats to Ragnar and Supadudz, who were probably the first and second person I ever talked to on this site.  

thank you all.  You've been an important part of keeping me sane in an insane year.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@oromagi
Thanks especially to SirAnonymous for his kind words.
You're welcome. You earned it.
Vader
Vader
-->
@oromagi
Fear ye fear ye oromagi
He sees through opponent argument, is he Neji?
His intellect stunning, the wins gather
When he accepts the debate, his opponent scatter

Fear ye fear ye oromagi
Champion of mafia, for his analysis of allibi
Is feared by the scum of the game
Unless he is scum, beware, he will frame

Cheers to oromagi, the master debater
Now a recognized Hall of Famer
He will still rise to the top of the chart
Soon to achieve 100 wins, off to a great start
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@Barney
Ragnar is the natural alpha male of this website.
It is certainly interesting to see unorthodox discussions about our site's users(especially in a positive light), with battles that intend no serious harm whatsoever. 

Barney
Barney
Ok the current draft can be seen at: #33

Changes will of course always be possible, even after it is placed in the museum.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Barney
Any progress?
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@David
@Barney
@Vader
@MisterChris
Please add this write up for Ragnar:

"Ragnar has been my model for online debating since he handed me my first debate loss back in 2013.   A US immigrant who served our country as a medic under fire in Iraq with the 82nd ("DEATH from ABOVE") Airborne division, Ragnar has earned my admiration and gratitude far above and apart from any website participation but I believe that history and strength of character is evident in his leadership here among our little company of madmen and malcontents.  He is not just a paragon of persuasion, he is also an composer of crystal clear prose.  He is not just a moderator, he is also moderate and fair-minded and restrained in wise opinion.   After our losses in leadership late last year, Ragnar stepped up into the breach to preserve the legitimacy and quality of debates on this site and remains the strongest arch upholding the leaky roof that is our voting policy.   In fact, he's just weeks away from becoming our all time top voter.  For his humor, keen reason, good sportsmanship, even-handed leadership and easy friendship, Ragnar is most worthy of this elevation to DebateArt's Hall of Fame." -Oromagi