Civil War Generals Mafia Endgame

Author: ILikePie5

Total: 38
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Town Wins (Mafia Concede)

TOWN

Mharman - You are Major General James Ewell Brown Stuart. Arguably the best cavalry commander during the Civil War, your unit was known as the “eyes and ears” of Lee’s army. However, at the onset of the Battle of Gettysburg, you were nowhere to be found choosing to capture Union supply wagons and threaten Washington D.C. instead of linking up with General Ewell. Because you weren’t where you were supposed to be, you are the 1x Commuter. On one night of your choosing, you will leave the village and won’t be able to be targeted by any action (lethal or non-lethal). You win with the Town.

BearMan - You are Major General Lewis Wallace. You were the man who single handedly saved the Union from defeat on the verge of victory. As a last ditch effort, General Lee had sent General Early to threaten Washington D.C. with 15,000 men in hopes of relieving pressure in Virginia. Although you lost at the Battle of Monocacy, your delay of the Confederate advance by one day with the 5,800 men from the VIII Corps, allowed for reinforcements to arrive in time to defend the capital. For this reason, you are the Physician. Each night you may visit a player (or yourself). You will prevent any actions that would kill your target (unless they explicitly bypass protective roles). You win with the Town.

SirAnonymous - You are Major General Henry Halleck, commonly known as “Old Brains.” You served as the General-in-Chief of the Union army until you were replaced by General Grant. Under your command, you believed in preparations and defensive fortifications rather than straight force. For this reason many of your subordinates routinely ignored your instructions, but later as Chief of Staff of the Military you were placed where you belonged - preparing and equipping the Union Army for offensives into the Shenandoah Valley and Virginia as a whole. For this reason, you are the Bookie. Each night, you may guess who will be eliminated the following day (or that no player will be eliminated the following day). If you guess correctly, you may kill someone the following night, in addition to your normal ability. You win with the Town.

TNBinc - You are Major General George Henry Thomas, known as the “Rock of Chickamauga.” At the Battle of Chickamauga, you gathered your troops and stood your ground at Horseshoe Ridge to prevent a Union defeat from becoming a complete and utter defeat. Facing the onslaught of General Bragg’s troops, you were ordered to retreat per the orders of General Rosecrans, your superior, but you stayed to ensure the Army’s safe retreat. Later at the Battle of Chattanooga, your troops stormed the Confederate line at Missionary Ridge helping to consolidate the Western Frontier. For this reason, you are the 1x Bulletproof. You have a vest that will protect you from one bullet, and when hit, you will be notified. You win with the Town.

SupaDudz - You are Major General George B. McClellan. As a top General, you led the Yankees during the Peninsula Campaign in Southeastern Virginia with over 100,000 men but you still couldn’t capture Richmond. Always a man of caution, you were surprised to see General Jackson’s forces in the East which led you to estimate Confederate forces at around 200,000 - an overestimate by a mile. You were replaced by General Pope but eventually came back because of his loss at Second Bull Run. Because of your lack of aggression and abundance of caution in determining vital intelligence, you are the Detective. Each night you may visit another player. You will learn the role of that player. You win with the Town.

Speedrace - You are Lieutenant General Jubal Early, known as “Old Jubilee” to your troops. During the Civil War, you were pretty much everywhere ranging from Gettysburg in the North, to Shenandoah Valley, to the Seven Days Battles in Southeastern Virginia. Your reinforcements helped General Hill at Second Bull Run and General Jackson at Cedar Hill. The best command came at the Battle of Fredericksburg where your 9000 men defended Marye’s Heights against General Sedgewick’s four divisions. You never wanted to stop fighting and were known for your profanity. Thus, you are the Soldier. If at any point, you are the last surviving Town member, the Town wins. You win with the Town.

Oromagi - You are General Albert Sidney Johnston. A great friend to Confederate President Jefferson Davis, you were given command of the rebel forces in the Western Theater. After initial defeats at Fort Henry and Fort Donelson, you staged a surprise attack against the forces of General Grant before he could link up with reinforcements coming under General Buell. You succeeded in the surprise attack but were shot in the leg. Earlier you had sent your physician to help injured Confederates causing you to die by bleeding and your second in command General Beauregard calling off the attack with the arrival of General Buell at night. For this reason you are the Bleeder. If you were to be killed at night, your death is instead delayed until the end of the following Day Phase. If shot you will be notified. You win with the Town.

Greyparrot - You are Lieutenant General James Longstreet. At the Battle of Gettysburg, you gave the final order to launch Pickett’s Charge even after knowing it would fail. Prior to this, you had talked to General Lee, but he was adamant on the course of action and as a subordinate you were forced to obey. Your reputation suffered because you have the final order causing many leaders to lose faith in you even though you came up with a substantial victory at Chickamauga after being transferred to the Western Theater. For this reason you are the Hated Townie. You require one less vote than normal to be lynched. You win with the Town.

Croc - You are Major General John Magruder. Your actions protected the Confederate capital from the forces of General McClellan by predicting his movements in the Eastern Peninsula of Virginia. Furthermore you recaptured the Port of Galveston from the Confederates disrupting at least for a while the famous Anaconda Plan which sought to destroy the Southern Economy. As a commander, you had great insight and held onto your position until General Joe Johnston could come relieve. You saw a bunch of action from the two far points of the Confederacy. Thus you are the 1x Voyeur. Once in the game, you may target a player. You will learn what actions were performed on them but not who targeted them. You win with the Town.

MAFIA

MisterChris - You are Major General Joseph Hooker, known as “Fighting Joe.” As the commander of the Army of the Potomac at the Battle of Chancellorsville which was possibly the worst Union defeat throughout the war because of incompetent inferiors. Eventually however, your actions in the Western Theater with the XI and XII Corps of the Army of the Potomac helped General Grant tremendously. Unfortunately your actions were overshadowed by your friend William Tecumseh Sherman and eventually you were disgusted by the appointment of General Howard to command the Army of Tennessee even though you had seniority. Time and time you were prevented from what you wanted. Thus you are the Mafia Hooker. Each night you may visit another player. They will not be allowed to take any actions. You win with the Mafia.

That1User - You are Lieutenant General Thomas Jonathan “Stonewall” Jackson. At the First Battle of Bull Run, you were the one man who stood like a stonewall and fought the oncoming Union onslaught. Your troops were known as the “foot cavalry” because of how fast they were able to maneuver during the Valley Campaign which caused you to eject General Banks outright from the valley. Your tactics allowed you to identify your enemy at Second Bull Run forcing General Pope’s army to retreat, after which you easily captured strategic Harpers Ferry. Sadly your death was caused by friendly fire, but with you at Gettysburg, things may have been entirely different. For your outstanding utility, you are the Mafia JOAT: 1x Rolecop, 1x Janitor, 1x Strongman. You win with the Mafia.

Lunatic - You are Major General Amiel W. Whipple. As the commander of the nascen balloon reconnaissance unit, you surveyed and tracked Rebel movements as the First Battle of Bull Run. As the Chief Topographical Engineer, your maps helped keep track of the positions of different members of the military and areas of tactical importance during conflict. Your presence was noticed from the defense of Washington D.C. to Fredericksburg to Chancellorsville. As a good friend of Lincoln, you were deeply honored and the President himself came to the funeral. You are the Mafia Scout. Each night, you may visit another player. You will receive a report of all of the players your target visited. You win with the Mafia.

NP1

Mharman - Waive
BearMan - Protect Supa
SirAnonymous - Select BearMan
SupaDudz - Detect That1User

Lunatic - Scout SirAnonymous
MisterChris - Hook Speed
That1User - NK/Janitor BearMan

NP2

Mharman - Waive
SirAnonymous- Select Speed
Supa - Detect Oro

Lunatic - Scout Speed
MisterChris - NK TNB and Hook Supa

The themes as you all know in my games are very vague because I don’t believe in all that good vs evil. That being said the theme this game was also rather vague. It had to do with the III Corp in general from the Union Side and Confederate side along with the Battle of Chancellorsville. Joesph Hooker was a part of the III Corp and later was commander of it. Whipple was also a part of the III Corp and died at Chancellorsville while Joseph Hooker was the overall commander of the army. After the death of Thomas Jackson at Chancellorsville, the III Corp on the Confederate side was created by Robert E. Lee.

Now for my commentary. This game was pretty balanced in my opinion. Drafterman oversaw it. Mafia just made unforced errors because of inexperience and Lunatic was too lazy to lead 3 mislynches even though I think it would’ve been fairly easy for him to do so. The strongest thing I can stress to both That1User and MisterChris is patience. Carefully plan it out. Wait for approval from your scum teammates because you never know when you can overlook something. Even the smallest things you should always seek approval. Supa did a good job by selecting That1User and TNBinc for a noob did pretty well from my opinion with regards to activity. His thought processes are also developing which is good to see. Everyone else if you’d like commentaries with regards to your play just tag me and I’ll be happy to respond.

Thanks for playing!

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
@Vader
@oromagi
@Speedrace
@TNBinc
Endgame is up
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
@Mharman
@SirAnonymous
@Crocodile
@BearMan
Thanks for playing!
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@That1User
@MisterChris
Endgame is up
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
I thought I was gonna be lynched dp1 for having such a useless role
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
Good job guys. Sorry for my head-emptiness that last day phase
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
You were an easy mislynch opportunity
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@MisterChris
It happens to all of us

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Greyparrot
I was gonna investigate you over oro in the NP2, but I think your role could've been tested if Oro turned scum
Vader
Vader
Yea I think mafia had a way to win, but it was much harder. I didn't have a scum read on Lunatic in general and probably wouldn't have investigate him. I think he played well using his policy excuse, which is why I town read him
Vader
Vader
-->
@MisterChris
Ehhh it's not your fault. You don't know mod psyche that well and it was a viable claim to make, but the wrong game to do so.
Vader
Vader
Balance was fine IMO
Vader
Vader
-->
@That1User
You didn't do a bad job playing scum. I happened to be right on one of my reads. You started folding under pressure in general and that's what gave it away. The whole OMGUS really wasn't the best. In the future, I'd be passive about the entire situation and claim something different, so it levels suspicion on me
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@Greyparrot
We were gonna keep you alive til the end, you would have probably been lynched before that though.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@ILikePie5
That theme was really obscure.

Mharman
Debates: 18
Mharman
Wut. Mafia could've easily won. Why?
Mharman
Mharman
Even my last line of logic was off.
Mharman
Mharman
Ok I read what happened, but still I think Lunatic still had a path to victory though. Why not at least give it a shot?
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Vader
@TNBinc
@TNBinc
You did pretty well for your first game. Obviously, you need more experience, but you were actually trying to be active and figure the game out. Well done.

@SupaDudz
I'm nominating you for Town MVP for catching That1.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Lunatic
@MisterChris
Why did you shoot at TNB?
TNBinc
Debates: 5
TNBinc
-->
@Vader
@SirAnonymous
I also nominate supadudz for town MVP
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@SirAnonymous
Why did you shoot at TNB?
We didn't catch that he was hinting at bulletproof, and were trying to narrow down power roles further. POE basically.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Mharman
Wut. Mafia could've easily won. Why?
My heart wasn't in it after we had two scum slips. 3 mislynches is a lot, and I was by myself so just didn't feel like it.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Mharman
Yea I said the same thing to him in live mafia. Wasn’t in it at all. I get that lol
Vader
Vader
@everyone in the future

Can we please stop conceding games in the future though? To players such as Chris, etc, it gives a bad meta in general for playing mafia. It encourages lazy players to give up and ruin games. I think concession is terrible in general  and especially in big games. We are giving bad metas to new players to follow, and I don't like this direction in general where if we think mod is bastard or too lazy, we just give up. No offense to the team now.
Vader
Vader
-->
@ILikePie5
Balance was fine in general. I do think your anti-vanilla's leans to town favor though. Look in the case of Chris. Claimed Vanilla, lynched. I think for future games, even 1 vanilla will be more balanced just from meta hunting & mod psyche 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Vader
Balance was fine in general. I do think your anti-vanilla's leans to town favor though. Look in the case of Chris. Claimed Vanilla, lynched. I think for future games, even 1 vanilla will be more balanced just from meta hunting & mod psyche 
Chris was lynched cause he claimed TNBinc’s role. Plus I gave Mafia a fake role (Hider) just so they don’t claim vanilla.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Vader
I agree that players should stop conceding games. I remember that my first win in mafia was in the Office mafia. You, Speed, and I were mafia. The two of us got ourselves lynched in the first 2 DPs. Five DPs later, Speed had outlasted the town and we won. To quote Yogi Berra, "It ain't over till it's over."
Vader
Vader
-->
@SirAnonymous
Exactly. Also, Speed is considered the best mafia player on the site. He has the most impressive mafia win record on the site and was undefeated in live mafia until he got screwed over by YYW because YY fell asleep and never claimed til he woke up and claimed a vig role that left Speed without a role
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Vader
I'm not sure losing because his scum partner fell asleep really counts.