Author: sadolite

Total: 65
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
Interestingly, many Romans lived at Salisbury for centuries but no mention of Stonehenge has ever been found in Roman records.
Roman are the likeliest candidates to have taken much of the stone that is missing from the site.  In Roman times, of course, such rings were far more commonplace  although most werent so large.  Perhaps, the Romans just didn't see Stonehenge as anything special, although that doesn't seem like the Romans to me.
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@sadolite
What would the motive for building or moving Stonehenge in 1954 be? If they built it, everyone would have noticed and no one would have been fooled because those rocks weren't there earlier. There would be no way to fool the entire world into thinking that it was genuine. And if they just moved it, why would they bother hiding the fact?
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@sadolite
What about these photos tells you:

- it's stonehenge
- it's being built
- it's 1954

Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@sadolite
Stonehenge being built in 1954
Ridiculous. Can you find any proof that Stonehenge existed before 1972?
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@drafterman
What about these photos tells you:

- it's stonehenge
- it's being built
- it's 1954
But... but... it says so in the video title!
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Mocking me doesn't prove the photos are fake. Why do you make no attempt to prove me wrong? That is the ultimate goal isn't it? Prove sadolite wrong and make him admit he is wrong. Show me evidence the photos are fake and I will gladly accept it and say they are fake and they are not of Stonehenge being built.

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@drafterman
Ah a photo of Stonehenge from 1875. I wonder if that is the same location it is now? 
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@SirAnonymous
I don't know, what is the motive of archaeologist to still insist the pyramids were built in 20 years by 10,000 people using wooden mallets and brass chisels.?
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@sadolite
I don't know, what is the motive of archaeologist to still insist the pyramids were built in 20 years by 10,000 people using wooden mallets and brass chisels.?
I don't think any archaeologist says that all the pyramids were built in 20 years. Building one or three in 20 years with those tools and workforce is definitely possible, though.
sadolite
sadolite
OK I will now prove myself wrong, That is Stonehenge in the Photos. It is the same location. Stonehenge has under gone restorations 3 times for fears of it collapsing. So with that said. It is in fact not the original Stonehenge but a refurbished and  rebuilt Stonehenge.

SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@sadolite
OK I will now prove myself wrong, That is Stonehenge in the Photos. It is the same location. Stonehenge has under gone restorations 3 times for fears of it collapsing. So with that said. It is in fact not the original Stonehenge but a refurbished and  rebuilt Stonehenge.
It still has the original stones, though. Sure, it's been refurbished, but it's still a lot more original than Grandpa's Axe.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@sadolite
Mocking me doesn't prove the photos are fake.
Straw man detected. Not a single person said the photos are fake, just that they aren't pictures of Stonehenge being built.

I ask again... can you prove Stonehenge existed before 1972? This is very obviously not mocking you but rather a serious question designed to determine what you deem as acceptable evidence. The fact that this is so obvious makes your sidestepping of the question quite telling.
BearMan
Debates: 16
BearMan
-->
@sadolite
LOL All I am doing is showing pictures of what appears to be Stonehenge being built in 1954. I am not buying into any govt conspiracy. The pictures are real as far as I have been able to research. No one is saying they are fake photo shopped photos. Pretty convincing evidence. No one has made an attempt to explain them away. But the usual personal attacks I can count on for sure. Are they fake photo's? If so what is the proof that they are? I personally would love to see the photos proven fake. Was Stonehenge moved from it's original location? That's a possibility.
Did you even read what I said? You are wrong, sorry dude, it's real life.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
I maybe a ignorant fool here but I am pretty sure in 1954 it is restoration, not construction.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I already addressed this in a previous post Stonehenge has under gone repairs 3 times. The photos are real. Being built in 1954  not true.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@BearMan
Ya i said as much in a previous post. The photos are real, they are rebuilding it.
BearMan
Debates: 16
BearMan
-->
@sadolite
Yeah. The video takes it out of context.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@sadolite
So you are saying that the photos do not need to be photoshopped in order for the random video on YouTube to be misleading? Okay, everyone but you already knew that. That is pretty common sense. The question is why you did not originally pick up on that. In other words what was your original thought process that led from "these photos are not photoshopped" to "this random guy on the internet is right about there being a worldwide worldwide conspiracy to make people think Stonehenge is older than it really is"? You never explain the thought process led to that conclusion. Like I said in a previous post that is what I was trying to do, get you to explain your thinking.
K_Michael
Debates: 38
K_Michael
-->
@sadolite
This statement proves nothing. A. Scholars do not agree about the construction methods of the pyramids. B. A single pyramid would be built in the span of approximately 20 years. C. The Egyptians would likely be using copper or bronze, not brass instruments. D. There is documentation surrounding the construction of the pyramids and corroboration from visiting traders and diplomats that they existed long before historians could have faked their existence
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@K_Michael
I work in the marble and granite industry. I am telling you that kind of precision is not possible using any kind of mallet or any kind of chisel.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
My thinking was a failure to do further research.

K_Michael
K_Michael
-->
@sadolite
And you explain the dozens of records extending hundreds of years back how?
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@K_Michael
What the fuck do you want me to fucking say? I was wrong I 'm saying it now I said it earlier. What the fuck more do you want? Or is it endless argument for the sake of argument. Give it a fucking rest. I'll say it again I WAS WRONG> DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORDS COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH?

K_Michael
K_Michael
-->
@sadolite
You said that you were wrong about Stonehenge, I was talking about the Pyramids, which you haven't said anything about. I'm sorry if it sounded like I was railroading you after you had already admitted, but I was referring to a different point. I'll leave it at that.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@sadolite
Yes, it is blatantly obvious that you did no research whatsoever prior to posting this thread but that is not the point.

You imply in your premise "these photos aren't edited tho" that editing photos is the only form of misinformation that was possible in this scenario. It is this complete lack of sceptical thinking that is the real root cause of the problem and what led you to draw the conclusion that someone decided to put up a bunch of rocks and claim it was thousands of years old because... reasons...

If you do not acknowledge this root cause of the issue then you have not actually learned anything at all.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@K_Michael
I stand firmly behind my belief that the pyramids were not built using mallets and chisels.  There is nothing you could say or show me that would convince me otherwise that the pyramids were built using mallets and chisels,  not now not ever.  I speak from hands on direct experience working with stone everyday.

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Jesus you people like to kick dead horses until they are liquefied.  I said point blank I failed to do follow up research. Now I know why so few people will ever admit when they are wrong about something. People like you.
K_Michael
K_Michael
-->
@sadolite
A. Those were not the only tools used to shape stone at the time. Rasps can produce edges with enough patience that a chisel could not. 
B. You claim to work in marble and granite, not in sandstone, which the pyramids were made of. I have no idea if your knowledge is reliable or if it even applies to sandstone. 
C. Some experts believe that the ancient Egyptians cast at least some of the stones, similarly to cement blocks, rather than quarrying them, so you may be partially right. Their estimates for the construction dates have not changed.

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@sadolite
Again your lack of 'research' is irrelevant. I am trying to say is that if you introduce some scepticism into your routine thinking you will be less likely to be taken advantage of by some random dude on YouTube again. That isn't kicking a dead horse, that is trying to help you avoid this type of thing happening in the future.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
WTF ever dude, move on