which causes more problems for black folks? white racism or black culture itself?

Author: n8nrgmi

Total: 158
n8nrgmi
Debates: 0
n8nrgmi
id say blacks are mostly victims of their own culture. there is indeed some white oppression that is unjust.. but their own culture is the bulk of the problem. 

here is an article from a black person criticizing black culture itself...
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@n8nrgmi
I really don't like the term "black culture" as you have people of all colors that are part of European culture and also people of all colors that are part of African culture.
Mharman
Debates: 22
Mharman
-->
@Greyparrot
@n8nrgmi
I'm going to agree with grey here. I believe that culture is NEVER bound to any specific race. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@n8nrgmi
I'd say blacks.
And therein lies one inevitable outcome of perceivable difference.

And culture, black, white or anywhere in between, is the inevitability of memory and the seemingly overwhelming human need to live for the past rather than the future.

So which causes more problems for white folks?  White racism or white culture itself?

Though I think that it's fair to say that no one is actually black or white.

bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@n8nrgmi
Are you saying that glorifying thugs rapping about getting shot, doing drugs, and having a bunch of sex can have bad effects on children?
Heresy!
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Greyparrot
I really don't like the term "black culture" as you have people of all colors that are part of European culture and also people of all colors that are part of African culture.

I don't think most minorities have even assimilated into the European "hard work, Christian, family values" culture (Asians are pretty close, but their home cultures are hard working too). People are tribal and the vast majority will reject other race's cultures and embrace their own. I can't think of one non-homogenous country that isn't also multicultural.

Even the NMAAHC described "individualism, hard work is key to success, nuclear family" as being "White" culture.
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@Greyparrot
@Mharman
let's call a spade a spade. there's a culture that mostly blacks participate in. read the article, it's from an honest black person. the gangsta slash ghetto thing. even if not all blacks participate in it, they are still victims of it... it causes them to have less opportunity when businesses don't build in the ghetto, it causes white people to fear blacks more and take it out on the black folk who dont act up. (white people fear black people... more than anything. let's not forget that blacks commit half the murders out there, despite being a fraction of the population. and their high crime rate.) it's not fair to generalize onto specific black people, but it's not like white people are completely irrational in their fear of blacks, or that the loss of opportunity isnt affected by black culture too. 
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
to the young blacks who act gangsta/ghetto... if you don't want to be treated like a stereotype, then dont act like one. 
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
i grew up a poor white boy... but i was sometimes called a "prep". i dressed nice even with the cheap clothes i could afford, and i didn't act poor.  when i was really young, i wouldn't have even known any different that i was poor. and i never played a victim card. 
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@n8nrgmi
I agree that hood/ghetto culture is bad for society. I just don't think it's a culture exclusive to black people, and I don't think there is any specific "black culture", or any specific culture to any race. I believe all humans are equal, and have the right of choosing whichever culture they prefer.
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@Mharman
i agree that no one should be bound to a certain culture. but what is accomplished in stating that? you can't deny that black folks are predisposed to the hood culture much more than other races. so, in your attempt to be PC, you are ignoring the heart of a problem for blacks. you can't fix a problem if you are unwilling to name it. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
I don't think most minorities have even assimilated into the European "hard work, Christian, family values" culture (Asians are pretty close, but their home cultures are hard working too). People are tribal and the vast majority will reject other race's cultures and embrace their own. I can't think of one non-homogenous country that isn't also multicultural.

Even the NMAAHC described "individualism, hard work is key to success, nuclear family" as being "White" culture.

A lot of this problem slowing integration was due to 1800's systemic segregation policies. 

Today we still have some systemic segregation policies (no school choice, welfare based on color and affirmative action based on color, police no-go zones) but it's not nearly as bad as the Jim Crow laws.

The real problem is that there are no policies supporting integration into Asian and European culture. In fact, Asian and European culture today are directly blamed for the failure of African culture, and the opposite is encouraged. (see BLM manifesto on disrupting the western family structure), as if the integration of whites and brown people into African culture is the "real solution" to disparities (at least the tribalistic Marxist part of African culture)

The reality is that disparities and inequalities will ALWAYS exist in a nation of competing cultures and ideologies. Some ideas just work better than others. In the world of Darwin, wars usually settle the inequalities when Democracy fails to declare a winner of the culture Olympics. 

The salad bowl is much easier to control and manipulate than the melting pot.

Nationalism is an aggressive push to melt the salad bowl.
lady3keys
lady3keys
-->
@n8nrgmi
id say blacks are mostly victims of their own culture. there is indeed some white oppression that is unjust.. but their own culture is the bulk of the problem

to the young blacks who act gangsta/ghetto... if you don't want to be treated like a stereotype, then dont act like one. 

i grew up a poor white boy... but i was sometimes called a "prep". i dressed nice even with the cheap clothes i could afford, and i didn't act poor.  when i was really young, i wouldn't have even known any different that i was poor. and i never played a victim card. 

Okay.  I grew up extremely poor.  But I did not grow up in the typically poor "black American ghetto" you seem to be referring to.  The black "culture" you believe black children eventually become a victim of  ---  is derived from the systemic racism of MANY generations.   It may have started out as slavery, but it has since morphed into a kind of invisible gas that over the generations has seemed to seep into every pore of our American cultural body.  This is not the "look down your nose" kind of racism here.  It is the kind of racism that is embedded in our financial institutions, our standard business operating procedures and our UNCONSCIOUS biases  --- you know, the kind we are not even aware of.  

White privilege doesn't mean that you don't have it rough and don't have to work like a dog to get ahead.    It simply means (historically) you have more opportunities to learn, to get loans, to be accepted in the suburbs etc . . .  It means our American culture has been "systematically" built to support our various Caucasian races  --- some intentionally, others unintentionally.  And after all the misery perpetrated on the "black culture" over the decades, they have passed serious emotional problems down through the generations as well.

Things are getting better.  But they still aren't completely fair.  Tragedies like George Floyd, Breonna Taylor and Daniel Prude prove that.

They may be involved in a lot of crime, but slavery to ghetto over the decades has set them up for failure.  I still think things are MUCH better now, but I cannot ignore the rotting places where the rot still lives.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Tragedies like George Floyd, Breonna Taylor and Daniel Prude prove that.

I don't think you know what that word actually means.

Certainly not if you include Breonna Taylor, who was literally just asleep, with 2 other people that made obvious tragic lifestyle choices leading to their downfall.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@lady3keys
It means our American culture has been "systematically" built to support our various Caucasian races  --- some intentionally, others unintentionally.  And after all the misery perpetrated on the "black culture" over the decades, they have passed serious emotional problems down through the generations as well.

So what is the solution,

1) integrate Blacks into Western Culture?
2) integrate Whites into African Culture?
3) Maintain the status quo and blame the failures of hip-hop African culture on "invisible gaseous racism"?

I'm guessing you will go with option 3.

lady3keys
lady3keys
-->
@Greyparrot
So what is the solution,

1) integrate Blacks into Western Culture?
2) integrate Whites into African Culture?
3) Maintain the status quo and blame the failures of hip-hop African culture on "invisible gaseous racism"?

I'm guessing you will go with option 3.
4) Integrate all people, of all colors (within the borders of the USA), into the American Republic,  "Democratically Fair" Culture.

. . . . . . with FREEDOM and JUSTICE for ALL!
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@lady3keys
 into the American Republic,  "Democratically Fair" Culture.

So it's okay to make America great again?

Cause Single parent homes raising high school dropout thugs that resist arrest aint exactly a classical American tradition.
lady3keys
lady3keys
-->
@Greyparrot
So it's okay to make America great again?

Cause Single parent homes raising highschool dropout thugs that resist arrest aint exacly a classical American tradition.
It is absolutely okay to make America great again.  But we don't do that by allowing Amazon to pay zero taxes and making the lower-incomed masses bear the weight alone;  by ignoring science and climate change;  by corrupting the Constitution by making most of your Cabinet "acting" (to avoid Congressional approval); by soliciting foreign countries to help you cheat in an election;  by using your power to pardon your co-conspirators, even those who have pled guilty twice;  by lying to the American public about a virus that has killed over 193,000 people   ---  the list goes on and on and on.

As for single parent homes with high-school dropouts, I don't understand your reference.  Trump has been President for 4 years and there are still high-school dropouts.  I very much doubt that the number of single-parent households would drop significantly no matter who ended up as President.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@lady3keys
Trump has been President for 4 years and there are still high-school dropouts.  I very much doubt that the number of single-parent households would drop significantly no matter who ended up as President.

Well if Trump is to be held against the Biden standard, he has another 36 years in DC before people decide he can't actually change anything.
 Single parent homes raising high school dropout thugs that resist arrest aint exactly a classical American tradition.

That was a problem that emerged in the 1960's and is now at a point where you have to be incredibly lucky to be born and raised into a successful culture as a minority in America. The vast majority of Black people are born into a cultural environment where they are taught from the cradle how to be a proper gangster, dropping out of high school, fucking that WAP, and making babies in their teen years instead of getting a job or investing in themselves. But of course, unconscious bias from Western culture is making them do this. Duh.........

Thanks for being such a great role model for minorities Cardi B.

by soliciting foreign countries to help you cheat in an election
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Greyparrot
A lot of this problem slowing integration was due to 1800's systemic segregation policies. 

Today we still have some systemic segregation policies (no school choice, welfare based on color and affirmative action based on color, police no-go zones) but it's not nearly as bad as the Jim Crow laws.

The real problem is that there are no policies supporting integration into Asian and European culture. In fact, Asian and European culture today are directly blamed for the failure of African culture, and the opposite is encouraged. (see BLM manifesto on disrupting the western family structure), as if the integration of whites and brown people into African culture is the "real solution" to disparities (at least the tribalistic Marxist part of African culture)

The reality is that disparities and inequalities will ALWAYS exist in a nation of competing cultures and ideologies. Some ideas just work better than others. In the world of Darwin, wars usually settle the inequalities when Democracy fails to declare a winner of the culture Olympics. 
It doesn't seem to me that they even want to assimilate, and I wouldn't expect them to want to. Making someone give up their cultural identity is cruel in my opinion. They don't want to give that up voluntarily, either, and that is exactly why multicultural societies can't work. 

If they wanted to, they would have assimilated long ago. As for school choice, we had that in a different sense by using public busing to reach racial quotas in schools. That, if anything, deteriorated the quality of those schools affected. Forced integration didn't make black people more likely to assimilate into our culture at all. If anything, it brought more resentment for one another.

Having people with vastly different cultures and values who hate each other in close quarters won't work. In Europe, it led to balkanization, not integration. In Europe, there wasn't even a racial component to further divide people by.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
Maintain the status quo and blame the failures of hip-hop African culture on "invisible gaseous racism"

Sadly, this is what's most likely going to happen, no matter who is president.

Any attempts to integrate marginalized people into Western culture will be shut down with charges of "racism"

lady3keys
lady3keys
-->
@Greyparrot
Thanks for being such a great role model for minorities Cardi B.
You are not the only one that finds Cardi B offensive.  I don't like WAP anymore than you do.  And I also do not like serial killers, which overwhelmingly seem to be white instead of black.  Yes, there are black serial killers, but most are white.  I don't blame white conservatives for serial killers  --   that would be ridiculous.  There is bad everywhere.  You simply cannot blame overly-sexualized behavior on just hip hop or Cardi B types or even on single parent households.  That is equally ridiculous.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@lady3keys
That is equally ridiculous.

But of course, unconscious bias from Western culture is making them choose this. Duh.........

With WAP mothers like Cardi B, who needs enemies?

48 percent of non-Hispanic black women get pregnant before age twenty.  Of this group, 97 percent are unmarried and have little recognizable means of financial or emotional support.  Less than 23 percent of fathers remain in the lives of the child, or offer any financial assistance.  Sadly, more than a quarter of teen mothers will be pregnant again less than two years after giving birth the first time.
lady3keys
lady3keys
-->
@Greyparrot
48 percent of non-Hispanic black women get pregnant before age twenty.  Of this group, 97 percent are unmarried and have little recognizable means of financial or emotional support.  Less than 23 percent of fathers remain in the lives of the child, or offer any financial assistance.  Sadly, more than a quarter of teen mothers will be pregnant again less than two years after giving birth the first time.
Really?  Wow.  You are describing poverty not cultural or racial characteristics.   I have no contact with my father and certainly no financial support from him.    I am currently unmarried.  I am a single mother.  I suppose, according to you, I am worthless.  However, I am not black.  I did not become pregnant as a teen.  I am college educated. 

I was raised in poverty and emotionally crippled in the same way many other poverty-stricken people are.  It is NOT just a black thing.  And yet, I got out.  I worked my arse off and made it.  Your attitudes confuse and dismay me. 
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Greyparrot
Hell, this is when you just look at culture. Culture is just one part of the “nature” column in nature vs nurture. 

This is completely ignoring genetic factors. For instance, first-born children generally have higher IQs and are more successful than later children.

Then, they want to compare the two geographically dispersed groups who underwent millions of different environmental factors contributing to different natural selection outcomes.

You can’t even have the same outcomes from children of the same parents, but then they want to compare two genetically different groups with essentially antithetical cultures?

How the hell are they supposed to prove “rAcIsM” when you couldn’t even expect the same outcomes from the start?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@lady3keys
I did not become pregnant as a teen.

Then maybe you should stop talking about those people as if you went through what they did. Cause clearly "gasseous invisible racism" didn't cause you to choose to become a teen mother like they chose.

You are describing poverty not cultural or racial characteristics.

Nah fam. Being a teen mom is a choice. You don't become a teen mom because you don't have any money. You do it because the culture you were raised in expects you to become a WAP teen mom.
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
BlackFathersMatter.
lady3keys
lady3keys
-->
@Greyparrot
Nah fam. Being a teen mom is a choice. You don't become a teen mom because you don't have any money. You do it because the culture you were raised in expects you to become a WAP teen mom.
Are you always this offensive?  I was lucky.  If I had gotten pregnant, it would have been a mistake, not a choice.  My mistake, yes.  I would have owned it  --  not CHOSEN it.   No culture raises you to be a pregnant teen and certainly not a WAP teen mother.   AND I THINK YOU KNOW THIS ALREADY!  Stop generalizing ALL behavior based on really rich hip hop stars!  I am beginning to think you must be really sexually repressed.  You mention WAP and Cardi B alot!
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@lady3keys
 If I had gotten pregnant, it would have been a mistake, not a choice. 
you chose to have unprotected sex presumably, thus it was your choice even if it was unintended and indirect.  actions have consequences, choose them wisely.  If you don't act a certain way, dress a certain way, vote a certain way, "you ain't black" no matter what the consequences.  No drug dealer ever chooses to get shot, caught etc but that is a risk with the occupation right?  Sex is a risk of pregnancy.
Seems you are trying to somehow shift responsibility, consequences away from consenting actions.

this is a common thing leftist do with the 'black community'   they can't help break the law because they are black and poor,  they are talented and just as bright as white kids, right?
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@n8nrgmi
"Black" is neither a race nor a culture. It's a corporate designation intended to catalog drudges of the State. "Hip-hop" culture is a mere psyop intended to cultivate both dysfunctional and victimized mentalities among so-called "Blacks," all while generating billions of dollars in commerce. So what causes more problems for so-called "black folk"? Susceptibility to paternalizing the government while infantilizing themselves. And this is due in some effect to this so-called "black community's" being a virtual matriarchy. 

The article was correct at least about one thing: the attitude toward women. That's the reason I never call my bitches, "hoes."