Quotes by DARTers: Only meaningful ones allowed.

Author: Intelligence_06

Total: 27
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
This is not Weekly Stupid, Nothing close. Only meaningful ones, such as ones that would be spoken by a successful businessman or a famous philosopher, are allowed here.

I will go first. 

Injecting one of knowledge they desire is like putting fuel in the car's tank; Injecting one of knowledge they resist is like putting fuel onto the engine.

There are no rules in life other than that you should make your life as desirable as possible. Every other rule in life originate from this one.

Being alone is only detrimental when you feel lonely, otherwise, it is called Peace of mind.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Vader
@Mharman
@oromagi
@MisterChris
@seldiora
Every post must contain at least one meaningful quote. Edits are fine as long as the quote is useful.

The most accurate metric of judging a thing is when it loses all connections to the present society, positive or negative. The most accurate metric of judging an artwork is when the idea of the artist bears no positive nor negative aspects to this world.
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
Probably one of my only quotes that qualify is 

"Intervening for the greater good when there is no technical obligation or benefit to yourself is what it means to be a heroic person."

Or, at least, that's what I roughly said. I can't remember the exact wording because that thread got deleted. Oh well
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
If you guys like the quotes, please press like. We want that medal.

Philosophy is the idea of creating something useful but helps not directly of one’s life. Philosophy is a sign of civilization: when the main goal is something other than to just survive one day and another.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
Please underline the meaningful quotes.

There is always the possibility that when the future person looks at our science, he will think that it is bare stupidity. 
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@MisterChris
The wording matters not as long as it conveys the message. Paraphrases shows understanding as long as it summarizes Ideas correctly. It matters not who said it, but what is being said.

Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
If success is the trophy, then creativity is the trophy designer, and discipline is the trophy manufacturer.

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
RAMSHUTU:THE EARTH is FLAT:"The sooner we get rid of the “Let’s not forget that my opponent is stupid,” argument, the better off debate will be."

Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@oromagi
Agreed, but I have to include another quote of mine. The more original the quote, the better. 

Convincing a person that he can survive doing something is not enough. Convincing him that he cannot live without it is a better motive.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
It is sifted gold that one can use colloquialism to make solid arguments, for that it is understandable not only to the professionals, but also the non-skilled majority.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Barney
@Speedrace
@Trent0405
@Crocodile
@BearMan
It would be good if you guys do something.

To unleash maximum capacity, one must see a speech context as an opportunity for speech, not one for contest. The logic follows within structure, regardless of the actual issue.

Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Speedrace
Either think of one or delete the previous post.

Life is like a candle: If you don't ever burn yourself for others' lights, you are considered a bad candle. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Intelligence_06
Life is like a candle:  It flickers briefly, before it is gone in a puff of smoke.
Crocodile
Debates: 22
Crocodile
-->
@Intelligence_06
"This is not Weekly Stupid, Nothing close. Only meaningful ones, such as ones that would be spoken by a successful businessman or a famous philosopher, are allowed here."
-INTELLIGENCE06
K_Michael
Debates: 38
K_Michael
"The endeavor of science is to bankrupt God." 

Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@K_Michael
Idk about u, but God can be interpreted as literally ruling this world like a tyranny. Either follow his rules or go to hell. 

The true way to achieve success is to find the balance out of all things.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
Unwanted deeds are unwanted indeed. Good deeds that are needed are better than good deeds that fulfill no useful needs. We should not judge one's action upon its goodness only, but also if they are needed or of no need.

(That just rhymed)
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
This logic won't fool a top 5 debater. 
INTELLIGENCE_06:BAMF MAFIA - Day Phase 2:"This logic won't fool a top 5 debater."

Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@oromagi
Looks like pride gets positive attention.

Einstein has said that humans building weapons is equivalent of a mouse building a mousetrap, but I ain't hearing no mouse keeping a button that could destroy the entire mouse race if pressed.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
Learning is like drinking wine: If you received a good glass, you become hooked with it; if you received one with poor condition, you develop resistant feelings towards it.

53 days later

Jarrett_Ludolph
Debates: 4
Jarrett_Ludolph
Here are some quotes I live by:

Love is our greatest virture, and greed, is our worse vice

It's better to endure the bitter truth, then to enjoy a sweet lie

we all have the greatest potential for good, and the worst evil, but it only matters which side we yearn to be.  

Do not take the simple path, just because it is easy, for it may forever haunt your destiny. 

Heroes aren’t brave because of what they do without fear, but what they do despite of it.

Sum1hugme
Debates: 37
Sum1hugme
-->
@SirAnonymous
@Intelligence_06
"Welcome to the bizarre land of conspiracy theories. Up is down, logic is illogical, intelligent people are blind sheep, and experts are government disinformation agents. The government always lies, and so do scientists, doctors, and anyone who disagrees with a conspiracy theory on an internet forum. In fact, pretty much everyone is lying except for that one guy on YouTube who's trying to sell his book filled with bombshells and proof and is totally not just trying to make a quick buck off of gullible people who are desperate to believe that they're really skeptical critical thinkers."

-Siranonymous

SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@Sum1hugme
Hey! I have a meaningful quote! Miracles DO happen!
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
“In the common society, how rich you are depends on how much money you could waste. That is why the top of the top people, you see, Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos... they live like they are broke, ‘cause they ain’t got no money to waste.”

“But dad, I heard that Jeff Bezos had a big, nice house, and Elon musk had an entire private school. Are they wasting their own money?

“No, son, although we connect wasting money with things only rich people may have, there are exceptions. Good, necessary security for oneself, as well as the education of the future, ain’t no waste at all.”

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Intelligence_06
All the quotes you post...

... are they from yourself?

You certainly aren't quoting anyone else on this site as the OP would imply.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Mopac
All of my posts on this thread are original by me.

“It is sometimes extremely hard to verify if something is true or not due to the vast number of layers of truisms covered beneath it, but if said truisms still support it, that is if you are willing to test them, it remains true nonetheless.”
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Intelligence_06
Don't let me get in the way of your egotism.