WTF while watching YT

Author: Buddamoose

Total: 19
Buddamoose
Debates: 4
Buddamoose
So I'm watching some PewdiePie 👏👏 and some Fox News stuff comes on and I see Geraldo Rivera? Cannot believe he is still around, and on Fox News? Oh how far he has come 😂😂

Smithereens
Debates: 2
Smithereens
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkRDGwmRRHY
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Smithereens
That was too good lol

Earth
Earth
-->
@Buddamoose
What do you thunk about Infowars being taken down?
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Earth
It means Facebook acted as a publisher would. They were given special priviledge of not being considered as such due to it being an open platform. However, upon doing this, which FB absolutely can, but it means they are opening up the door to a flood of libel suits for libelous and defamatory posts made on the site by users. 
Earth
Earth
-->
@Buddamoose
Would you believe those libel suits would be reasonable?
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
Whoops, *YT* but FB has removed Jones's content as well if i recall correctly? Jones would have a solid case if he argued in court what i just mentioned. He will prob just center his case around the first amendment tho, which isnt going to get him anywhere 
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
Uh, by law they would be reasonable. Again, YT and other social media platforms were given special priviledge to not be considered publishers on the condition they would maintain open platforms
Earth
Earth
-->
@Buddamoose
A lot of tech companies banned him from their services. Itunes banned him as well.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Earth
Itunes is considered a publisher tho? And if those tech companies fell under that special priviledge, they exempted themselves from that special priviledge by breaking the condition of it 🤔
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-07-17/lawmakers-target-facebook-s-liability-exemption-from-user-posts
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
YT has that same liability exemption. But if you want to moderate content to the extent they are trying to, they cant be considered open platforms. The hammers coming for them, i dont see how they are going to avoid it unless they stop immediately. 

But if they don't, YT, FB, social media sites that claim open platform exemption that make the decision to remove fake news and the like, are not operating as open platforms therefore should not be exempt from libel laws as they pertain to publishers 
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
Given the scope of these platforms, you can imagine the flood of libel suits waiting for that exemption to be removed. If that floodgate gets opened, FB and YT plummet in value. Why do you think FB stock plummeted so much recently? Stockholders are starting to abandon ship cause they see the hammer coming 😂
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
Like everywhere, not just the US. They recieved the same exemptions in the EU, UK, etc. This isnt just a US thing, this is international in scope, the size of the cat they let out of the bag 
Earth
Earth
-->
@Buddamoose
FB's stock is going down because FB just isn't as good as it was like 8 years ago
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Earth
Bruh, the drop in value was like same timeframe to them coming out and announcing they would proactively be removing content they deemed aa fake news. 

I agree that FB isnt as good as it was, but this kind of development is not going to have zero affect on investors decision making. It would be lunacy for it to not, FB and YT are literally running straight at a wall of libel suits. Investors see this, theyre jumping ship. And the closer FB and YT get to that wall, the more people will start to jump 🤔. 

No exemption means FB and YT themselves shell out for libel suits. This is for anyone, individual or independent content company. You really trying to say this is having zero effect on the value of the companies? I would disagree cause that flies in the face of investment strategy 🤔
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
Say Person X says Person Y commited Z crime on FB. No exemption means Person Y sues FB, not person X, as the publisher assumes all responsibility for libelous content they publish. 

Now imagine how much libelous content gets posted by individuals on FB on the daily. Then start tacking on tens of thousands+ for each suit. It would be utter disaster 🤔
Earth
Earth
-->
@Buddamoose
Well, I didn't say FB removing fake news wouldn't affect them. Though I don't really care about FB.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Earth
Neither do I though, I kinda hope it happens too cause I've had multiple people commit defamation towards me on those platforms